It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Fight with Congress over Torture Defines Our Character

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
But, what defines torture needs to be clarified. What some call torture, I call forceful manipulation, and it's A-OK in my book.

As long as the odds are in your favor, I'd bet money you would never fight fair.

Sadist... sociopath...

Those types are usually cowards, not saying that you are one.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6

Torture needs to be done to the Bushes and Cheneys first so they can get a good taste of it and understand why it is wrong to do it to other people !!!

Best idea yet, Nanna.

How about all those in favor of torture stand up and give us a demonstration so we can have that clear idea of what torture is? What are acceptable alternative interrogation techniques and what are not.

I don't care who becomes the torturer or the torturee in this little scenario (either would have a profound effect, see link below), but any Senator or Congressman who would vote Aye must agree to participate in the demonstration. Him or herself or a randomly selected member of their family.

They could even turn this into a new Stanford Prison Experiment and see who comes back with all their marbles.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by psyopswatcher]

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

As long as the odds are in your favor, I'd bet money you would never fight fair.

Well then I guess we'd just have to define what "fair" is, as well?

Sadist... sociopath...

Those types are usually cowards, not saying that you are one.

Well, I did say maybe. Besides, cowards are those who are afraid to show their anger.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
For those who are against any method of 'information gathering' please visit the following thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and enlighten me to your ideas.

Thanks..........

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join