It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CHINESE MILITARY In Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This was something I received from my old friend Robert Donnan. Bob served in Vietnam with the "Fighting 15th" Field Artillery.

The September/October issue of THE VETERAN just arrived (it's the publication of Vietnam Veterans of America) and it has an interesting article titled "The Chinese Military in Vietnam." In summary, the article tells how the Chinese supplied the North Vietnamese with everything from manpower (30,000 to 40,000 troops at various points) to artillery, small arms, jet fighters and tanks. Here's an excerpt:

"But after (US) invasions of Cambodia and Laos, supply deliveries hit a new peak in 1971, with almost 8,000 guns, mortars, rocket artillery launchers, 143,000 small arms, and 80 tanks. Armor deliveries remained substantial, peaking at 220 tanks in 1972 then falling off. Given that Hanoi simultaneously received many aircraft and almost all its air defense missile and radar systems from the Soviet Union, the combination was potent." (see link to the earlier Soviet article below)

www.vva.org...

This current article points out that us 'fighting with one hand tied behind our backs' was partly due to LBJ not wanting to anger the Chinese enough to bring in more of their troops, which probably would have happened if we had fought more aggressively and invaded North Vietnam.

It's hard to believe that just 20 years after my father helped defend China from the Japanese in WW2, that the Chinese were fighting against us in Vietnam. How quickly things change in world politics!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Richard Marcinko mentions chinese military being hired as mercinaries/or officially dont remember, to protect the local CIA HQ in the town he was stationed in during the Tet Offensive. Somewhere near the cambodian border. He said they were real good operators, and cooked some of the spiciest food he'd ever had.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A very interesting but not surprising read. Its only reasonable that North Vietnam's allies would aid them in the conflict against local , US and other forces.

The US had more direct assistance in Vietnam the Australians supplied much of there own equipment so of it was better then what GIs had and some of it was a lot worse.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In 1972 Nixon visited China to open up relations. Maybe thats why in 1972 it started to "fall off" on war supplies to North Vietnam from China.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
[edit on 26-7-2007 by IspyU]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Actually U.S secretly trained the Hmong people in Laos which happens to live high up in the mountains close to the supply route of the to north vietnamese... These Hmong people gave up their everyday lives in order to prevent the communist invasion... all the men went to fight the war and the villages of these people depended on Air America to supply them with food and supplies... Ironically the general of the Hmongs is name Vang Pao who recently got arrested in Cali. for attempt to by C4, rocket lauchers and assualt weapons etc. he was plotting coup on the Laos communist govt.
From what i heard there is suppose to be a mass geneciod of Hmong... i dont know if it is true, but the Hmong people are still suffering till this day.

My parents told me these stories because they lived through the war and my dad faught in the war, but he was in thailand helping the US forces at the time, while my mom was still in laos... I also did some research on their stories and there were many similar stories told by american soldiers and Hmong people.. just do some searches on Hmong secret war and you can also find an article on Vang Pao former general during vietnam war...
Researching these topics have been quit interesting for me... you'll also find out that american broke a deal with the hmong people

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
It's hard to believe that just 20 years after my father helped defend China from the Japanese in WW2, that the Chinese were fighting against us in Vietnam. How quickly things change in world politics!

It's hard to believe that just 20 years after the my grandfather helped the Chinese defend against an invader foreign to their continent in WW2, that the Americans were invading the same continent in Vietnam. How quickly foreign policy changes in US politics!

Jon

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just a couple of quick thoughts on this. I don't really dwell on this part of the past.

The USA had the opportunity to help Ho Chi Minh right after WW2 but the USA foreign policy experts decided to back France in it's Eurocentric beliefs of defeating communism in Europe. No real thoughts outside the box on this decision.

The USA also had just about the same foreign policy experts make the call on backing Chiang Kai-shek after his ass was thrown off the Chinese mainland. If the USA would have recognized the situation for what it was, many things today would be different. Nixon finally realized that the communist Chinese were here to stay and formally recognized this fact.

Mao Zedong (Tse-tung) was also an ally in WW2. He didn't have the wife of Chiang Kai-shek to lobby Senators and House members in Congress during WW2 for support. Not too many people remember his help in defeating Japanese forces with guerrilla tactics that played a more strategic role in the fight over China after WW2.

Chinese soldiers and aid to North Vietnam was as open to see as President Johnson not allowing the mining of the harbors due to the Soviet ships being in the way.

I can't say what I really want to say because of TOS of this board and I respect them. All I will say is the USA had better learn how to fight a real war and not stop playing politics using soldiers as pawns.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ah good, at times like this i am reminded of the fact that America isn't the only one capable of pulling false-flag attacks.

That war really was just f###ed up, and i'm sure quite a few Grunts who were fighting it at the time would agree.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Actually this Chinese involvement in the Vietnam war is a "commonly known secret" among the Chinese people. If you come to China and ask an ordinary middle-age guy what happened in Vietnam, then the chance is very high that the dude will tell you that Vietnam defeated the Americans with the help of China.

new topics

join