It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother is Here!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Check this article out
www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is crazy. I cant believe it has gotten to this in the UK. Can you say 1984?
I know this will eventually happen in the US, are rights are gone.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just read this article and I must say I am not surprised. A lot of people have become these mindless idiots who live in a world that they feel doesnt have concequences, when you do something wrong. Too many people do it not because they shoudnt, but because they can.

Personal moral decisions have become quite abhorent and most people just dont care. Remember when movies and television always had a moral lesson? Remember how it was before the "whats in it for me" attitude took over? People are good inside for the most part, but we have become conditioned to not do the good thing, but do whatever you want. We have been trained to needsystems like this to control our urges in this purely ego driven society.

The problem is that the ones that try and live in the service of others are getting caught up in this mess with all the people that need this type of control.

Looks like most people need it...

[edit on 17-9-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I know, people are too excepting of control, they expect the government to control and make decisions for them. They forget what this nation is founded on, government run by the people. We were founded on self reliance. Instead people expect hand outs by the government and look for guidance. Screw that!!!! Take care of yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nah, I don't really think these are that bad. What's the difference between a camera, and a camera with speakers on it? At least this will ensure that people realize they are being watched.

And I'm sure the effect these cameras are having will not last for more than a year or so.

Plus, just wait 'till vandals get near those speaks.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Have you noticed how these things are put into place and then were are told its for OUR SAFETY , but if i was riding my bike minding my own business ,then suddenly from out of nowhere an invisible voice boomed out , GET OFF YOUR BIKE THIS IS FOR PADESTRIANS ONLY, i would ave crapped myself and probably rode straight into something ,fell off and broke me arm .
Now hows that for my own safety .
The clamp is being turned squeezing our right of freedom and privacy away ,one day soon we will live like the good hound in the kennel who obeys his masters command with a nod and a wag of the tail.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
yeah... it was talked about here also...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I say so what.... bring on the cameras and speakers... down with people breaking laws, etc... if you're not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone if you're not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thats the problem when they start deciding for us what is right and what is wrong. Wait until all the equipment is in place; RFID, chip emplants and cameras everywhere. Big brother is upon us and it's just amatter of time before we become a police state. You can take that to the bank.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
government buildings, and at special events. Of those who responded when asked whether
they found CCTV useful in three broad areas:
! 63 percent said it was useful for investigative assistance.
! 54 percent found it useful for evidence gathering.
! 20 percent found it useful for crime reduction.
Impact of CCTV
An important element in any program is the ability to assess its influence and whether results
and outcomes measure up to expectations. Agencies were asked if they had measurement
systems to evaluate CCTV’s effectiveness in reducing crime. Ninety-six percent of respondents
do not incorporate measurement systems of any kind. Of the eight agencies using formal
measurement systems, three said CCTV had a great effect on crime, four said the effect was
moderate, and one said it had a marginal effect on crime.
20% sid it was useful for crime reduction
Find all truths at

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I see a 15 year old genius hacking into the system and blasting hardcore rave music over the speakers. It will probably happen and it will be funny.

I do think that it is sad that people cant control themselves enough so that the governing body has to put things like this in place. If everyone just used there minds a little more and thought things through, this would not be needed.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To those who say
"If you aren't doing anything wrong, then why are you worried about it?"

I'm pretty sure Stalin said that one too.

I say

"If I'm not doing anything wrong, then you have no cause to watch me."

"Because the government gets to define what's wrong, and they keep changing the definition."

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I say so what.... bring on the cameras and speakers... down with people breaking laws, etc... if you're not doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Ooh, but I say: UP with people breaking laws! Up with people acting and screaming loud that this is OUR world and not that of the invisible cowards shoutings behind cameras and mics. A totalitarian world is made of sheeps, not wolves.

A message to britons here: let's get down to the streets and dance, scream, protest, fight, have sex with others and do whatever's gonna make authorities angry! Only way to fight against Big Brother... to show that the world does not belong to "them".

[edit on 18/9/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
CCCTV does not reduce crime any better than improved street lightswww.futurepundit.com...

Now then where did i put my hammer lol

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I do think that it is sad that people cant control themselves enough so that the governing body has to put things like this in place. If everyone just used there minds a little more and thought things through, this would not be needed.

Wow!! People cant control themselves? who said that? Government, thats who and people are buying it, like you. Im pretty sure I can control myself, I dont need some schmo sitting in a station yelling at me for j walking or somethin like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Ooh, but I say: UP with people breaking laws! Up with people acting and screaming loud that this is OUR world and not that of the invisible cowards shoutings behind cameras and mics. A totalitarian world is made of sheeps, not wolves.

A message to britons here: let's get down to the streets and dance, scream, protest, fight, have sex with others and do whatever's gonna make authorities angry! Only way to fight against Big Brother... to show that the world does not belong to "them".

Ok, and when you and your family are murdered in the street we wont complain either

... The fact is you need laws, you need to obey them and you need the government and proper authorities to make sure people obey the laws. Thats the price of civilisation, if you dont like it... tough.. because the majority do.

[edit on 18/9/06 by dawa]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Thats so precious

Umm let me contribute. I say HELL NO to this big brother buisness. Honestly if the government can't "control" people now, imagine when they try. I know I and millions of others won't take it sitting down. I'm going to fight G Danit. i'm going to party and rob and everything i always wanted to do, but then No consequences.

Sounds perfect.

^ Thats why it won't happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is very sad how messed up our minds have become it went from watching terrorist far away-to watching terrorist at home- to watching YOU. In the name of what protecting you from yourself. They are making the words terrorist and crime synonomous. And the if your not doing any crimes then dont worry argument is bs because to do a CRIME you have to break a LAW. Laws are created by the government and are not wrong or immoral by definition. For example marijuana use is not immoral nor is it extremely dangerous to ones health but is still a crime. Example passing out papers saying the government is evil can be a crime tommarow and with all this survellience your but will be right in jail for terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join