It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool video if its real!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Found this video linked from another site very interesting video if its real which in my opinion it seems to be!

On youtube which I know some people have there doubts about but give it a look and let me know what you think!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very nice find, but it looks to me like it's just what it says it is....though I'm no expert.

Thanks for the kewl link

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Im actually going to say fake on this one.

1) Where is the sound, and why does the sound only come in when some one decides to say that they have seen a ufo or some thing?

2) Why does the camera man not find a place to lean on and steady the camera? and why does he not appear to track the bright objects as they float up and out of his view? As i have said before, sod the scenery film the UFO!!

3) The storm is bright, but the objects are many many times brighter, but as one of those objects enters a thin cloud bank, it doesn't illuminate it at all -not even a little bit.

Sorry, nice storm footage with the lightning and all, but all the above to me seem to point to a good fake.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Apparently, if you read the comments underneath the video the guy explains that he edited the sound from the video himself, because it was just him going on about nothing true or not I don't know!

I think its very strange that the big storm cloud doesn't move is that typical in the US? its not something I have ever noticed here in the UK.

I think he also says he wasn't originally filming the lights but the storm cloud as it was something he hadn't seen before!

You maybe right, it may be a good fake, I'm not an expert on these matters!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Cool clip.
It reminds me of footage I've seen taken from orbit of orb UFOs that appeared to be feeding off of lighting storms.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't believe the video is fake. Even if it were, it's a pretty dull fake; i.e., why fake an unexciting video, something that could be mistaken for ball lightning, instead of a good sensational one?

I don't know a lot about ball lightning, but it's apparently a new phenomena. Yeah, the phenomena started just as glowing, spherical craft sightings increased and the ufo debunkers and agents of misinformation decided they'd discovered ball lightning. LOL . .. ok, kidding. However, ball lightning is a recent phenomena, so it really is odd when you see an increase in legitimate, glowing, spherical ufos coincide with the scientific discovery of ball lightning. Coincidence? At the very least the two could possibly be connected...

But great video. It looks like these apparent craft are watching the storm. And, Whiterabbit, I live in the U.S. Storms often just sit there. In Virginia (and possibly elsewhere) we sometimes have heat storms, which offer just a lot of lightning flashes, but no rain. It's still odd...

I will say the weather and cloud patterns across the U.S. (and worldwide from what I've seen) are behaving very, very strangely. And more and more. I mean, come on, I'm over 30 years old. You know a cloud when you see one; or a storm. And if you've lived in one place for a long time you recognize when something is out of place...For one thing, lightning storms in this area (metro Wash, DC/No. VA) have become really LOUD. It's bizarre. The sound of the storms has become extremely loud. They seem more violent when they hit...

Last week we had a cloud cover over this entire region, and it just sat there. For two days. It seemed like not a single breeze was blowing. And the clouds had this really odd color...Now, I've lived in Washington state, California, Georgia, I know that clouds can sit, but for this area it was particularly strange...

Anyway, thanks for the video...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"I don't believe the video is fake. Even if it were, it's a pretty dull fake; i.e., why fake an unexciting video, something that could be mistaken for ball lightning, instead of a good sensational one? "

Dude you hit the nail on the head yourself - a sensational video will have people screaming fake! before its even watched - Just a sensational in the title or comments would derail it the minute it was posted.

A good fake starts with a small lie hidden within alot of truth - ie The storms real, thats alot of truth, but the small lie is the orbs...

Throwing out that much light would of illuminated the cloud as it entered it - Even high flying aircraft cause a shimmer at night as they fly through clouds....so why not a masively lit UFO??

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Sorry, nice storm footage with the lightning and all, but all the above to me seem to point to a good fake.

denied, opposed and .. logical next step is: accepted as truth

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Anyone faking video now will really be wasting their own time. It's possible this is a fake, in which case it's a really sad statement about the person posting. I don't believe it's fake. Fakes only hurt the people posting now. The movement is too broad and strong to ever be affected by a fake...

I think I'm actually moving past watching any ufo footage that doesn't move beyond close encounters of the second kind. There are enough fairly clear ufo videos out to convince most that these things are real...

I looked it up, and apparently "Close Encounters" proper begins with a sighting within 150 yards. It breaks down as Close Encounter of the First Kind: sighting within 150 yards (I'll suggest it includes any legitimate sky sighting), Second Kind: when the sighting leaves evidence as in physical evidence, or marks, etc., Third Kind: when you see a vehicle with visible occupants (I would also suggest seeing an occupant period), Fourth Kind: abduction and experimentation, Fifth Kind: communication between an individual and the alien...

There is enough First Kind footage to satisfy any enthusiast...I'm hoping that the phenomena/sightings moves to the next level soon...however, it would be cool to see a landing fairly close up, even without occupants coming out...

Anyway, thanks for posting the video. I hope to catch something someday...

[edit on 17-9-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here is a reason why this video link does not belong here....

This has absolutely nothing to do with UFO's of any sort, as stated in the title of the movie.

My opinions:

This video is not what most are thinking it is, for one there is no sound what-so-ever, one sign that the video was tampered with, and Youtube is one of the least most reliable site to watch anything related to ufo's. Meaning any user shot films are hardly reliable on youtube... The site is more for entertainment than anything serious.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
People screaming fake, but no one reason given proves that. In the other hand, there's not proof about authenticity. So, a bunch of opinions.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
good video but the camaraman doesn't seem that interested in the orbs of light at all.
but that doesn't mean their not there, maybe he couldn't see them with his eyes.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
again, I'm no expert, but hopefully someone will find something in these links...

www.eskimo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are some other weird things in there if you study closely. at 2:45/2:46 mark there is an object/light flash that appears above the main big cloud to the left of the screen. At the 2:50/2:51 mark there is another object/light flash to the very right of the screen above the house. You may have to pause through as they both happen very quickly but the are there. I think it's planes landing/taking off from a nearby airport you can see the light flashing on the first one at the beginning. I live near an airport and have observed seemingly static lights of planes and it's because they are moving towards you, when the plane banks (after take off) they appear to move quicker. The cameraman seems minimally interested in them- why? Because he knows they're planes. So it's not "fake" it's planes imo. And now for the arguing

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Cool storm and orb video! Looks real to me, it would be hard to fake (but not impossible I suppose).

The NASA tapes seem to indicate that some UFO's like lightning like in this video. Perhaps they can collect static electricity and store it. Millions of volt amps in those clouds after all.

Good find!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
To me it just looks like landing lights. Nothing special.

mikell

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If UFO's are fake, why is it so important for some to try and debunk every sighting? I had to say this because everytime I see one of these threads before it's even open for 5 minutes, you have debunkers call the video or picture fake. I think it's silly, but it's more belief and feelings talking rather than reason. There is no reasonable doubt that U.F.O.'s and the beings who fly them exist. Within reason there is no other explanation. Both secularist and some in religious circles want to keep Ufology a myth or a big mystery. Secularist want to treat Ufology as a myth and that way any unreasonable, nutty explanation will work for U.F.O. sightings. You have something that flying across the sky and can't be detected on radar that stops on a dime, changes directions and then disappears. Reason will tell you it's a U.F.O., but secularist and skeptics can say it's a weather balloon and actually be taken seriously. That's because skeptics have succeeded in keeping U.F.O.'s out of the realm of reason, and any explanation, no matter how unreasonable will do and that's because they start with the priori that U.F.O.'s are not a reasonable conclusion based on their belief system. They say you need extrodinary evidence. That's such a joke, you don't need extrodinary evidence just reason. Some in religious circles want God to be a mystery and that way they can say if you want to know this mystery you have to go through me. So God is somewhere floating on a cloud and you have to listen to them in order to know God. If you looked at these things through the eyes of Ufology, it takes away their power over people. The fact is, things make more sense when you look at the Bible and other ancient text through the eyes of Ufology. You then realize that the Bible is the story of an advanced civilization that terraformed are planet. See we are A.I.(Artificial Intelligence). We are A.I. that were endowed with conciousness. We wear down just like any other machine. We are A.I. that somehow thinks we are what's real. We think that we are the masters of the universe. I will post a thread that goes into this further.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by polomontana]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
If UFO's are fake, why is it so important for some to try and debunk every sighting? I had to say this because everytime I see one of these threads before it's even open for 5 minutes, you have debunkers call the video or picture fake. I think it's silly, but it's more belief and feelings talking rather than reason.

I don't think anyone has said that it's fake.......... yet. I agree that it is genuine footage, but of planes landing lights as also said by mikellmikell.

There is no reasonable doubt that U.F.O.'s and the beings who fly them exist.

I personally agree with this statement and because of this, if there is an normal eathly explaination that I can think of that fits with the "evidence" presented I cannot and will not turn a blind eye to it as it would be (imo) iresponsible and trivialise ufology.

Within reason there is no other explanation.

I see planes all the time, just like this landing/taking off near where I live. Take away the thunderstorm and there would be nothing interesting about this video.

I wish I had a camera that I could film planes landing/taking off in this exact fashion. Not that I'm trying to belittle anyone, it's just that they can appear to stand still and then move depending on your position in relation to the plane.

Xeros

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
looks pretty real..i dont know how youd edit that one..maybe with the lead graphic designers from microsoft ...then yeah...maybe...but those definetly look like UFO's and some strange looking clouds...they just like.."Hover" over that one area till its even dark..almost never even changing its shape...wierd yes..fake..kinda doubt it...odd? hell yes!
:Kiliker.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The guy lives in Streamwood, Chicago not far (about 30 km) from Chicago O'Hare Intl Airport. I'll go out on a limb and say he is filming the planes arriving/departing at this busy airport. That's my guess.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Xeros]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join