It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realities Shows and Cameras.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is something that has always baffled me, so maybe I can get it off of my chest. I'm watching this show, right now, called Black and White. To those who don't know, it's about a white family and a black family living in the same house, switching races (By means of make-up, etc.) and they live their lives, try to break down stereotypes, etc. I pretty much just watch it because it looks interesting... Anyway, there are parts of the show where, for example, the white girl will dress up as a black girl, and she goes to these...poetry meetings. Now, she's supposed to be blending in and being just another black person, right? So how the Hell do they explain the cameras!? During a point in the show, the black woman (Dressed as a white woman) makes some friends at a scrap-booking session. She tells them that she just moved from another state, and is trying to make friends, etc. After a few meetings, the white woman invites the black woman (remeber, she doesn't know she's black) over for a casual dinner with her family. That all seems pretty normal, right? But what about the cameras? Wouldn't you find it a little bit odd if you invited a friend over and they brought a camera crew!?!

"Oh, this is betty. Yeah, she's out of town... Oh yeah, they always have camera crews following them around in Wisconsin...yep...." Is the camera hidden somewhere in the homes? Do they pretend they're maybe part of a research study?? I mean honestly, how do they explain the cameras?

join