It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who will have claim over the planets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its like this.
Who owns anything?

Does anyone own their house? It can be taken away.
Does governments who take them away own the country?
That to can be taken away.

Things come and go.
Ownership is bogus. No one cares about the fact that Indians were killed and mexicans were killed who were in America before all the white folk.
But now its theres...
and they feel threatened someone might take it away from them. (usually happens when people bully. you take something, then you are afraid cause you know you can loose it too)

Same with space, antartica, all of it. No one owns a thing. Yes they can make life hard, yes they can exert all the pressure they want...but sooner or later someone wakes up and realizes...hey, I only need where I am. I dont have to "own" miles of space I dont put my butt at.

Does it really matter if they claim planets anyway? If there is an intelligent life form, they may beg to differ. And I bet they can fight with the mind just by thinking, "Freeze", everything will stop, and no amount of nukes will help. They can just readjust it and blow up where they are at.

Eventually greed kills off the person who is greedy...Look at earth, the few in control are taking it down fast. But lets admit...sheep follow. Who would the leaders be without the sheep.

Anyway

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
perhaps each landing spot becomes the landing partys 'Embassy', which is an extension of the nation that sent the explorers to that planet/moon/asteroid

i would think that the international community would agree to something like
1 acre per person would be the boundary limit for the initial recognized landing site "Embassy"

Another system or set up would be needed when NGOs; private commercialization,
venture capital, mega-corporations, begin to mine or develop hotels or tourist destinations.

btw, i think its China that already has a Mars landing planned before 2020?
Pres. Bush (43) only came up with the US response of the moon-mars strategy, afterwards!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've just made a bid for Neptune and its moons over on eBay. Anyone else who wants it had better hurry, because the auction ends in 43 minutes.

My current bid is $2.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by Mogget]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There might be, instead of races and ethnic groups, consortiums of ideas that take over the territories in the Solar System.

Free Spacer's Guild

Earth Centrists

Mars Centrists

Galaxy Colonizers

seems to come to mind off-hand . There may be more.

Anyone else want to add to this list?

[edit on 10/22/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The rights would go to whoever is supplying that colony. Politics will never die as long as there is someone behind the curtain to pull the strings. It's like making a deal with the devil. Say the U.S. sends a group to Mars and finds that a certain area is rich in diamonds, oil, whatever. We would put up a flag and proclaim sovereignty over however large that area. The actual colonizers could decide to get smart and try to separate but then who would supply them with the things that cannot be found there. If no other nation could reach the same status in time, the planet would basically become U.S. property by default over time through exploration.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
you're thinking early-on.

I'm thinking 300 yrs from now.

by that time the divisions of which I spoke will already be evident.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
To add to the list..
-Asteroidals
-Earth Purists

I have to agree in a few centuries groups like that will exist.

If I had my way, it'd be like Star Trek, but seeing as humanity
tends to be to ignorant and selfish, and pedning a nuclear war
with causalties in or nearing the billions, there's little chance of
that happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
nuclear wars w/ limited engagements will come and go.

The ultimate would be Star trek w/ each child getting all it needs to become as good a human as possible.

The reality is somewhere inbetween

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join