It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great "Peace-Loving" religion. (Photos)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
These photos were taken during a protest march following the publication of those infamous "Dutch cartoons" that muslims got so pissy about.

How anyone can seriously believe they are a peaceful bunch of folk is beyond me.

Can anyone here confirm these photos are the real deal? Not that I would be surprised if they were...

EDIT: Confirmed photos as real, and confirmed source of photos. Edited post for clarification.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Very sad to see people dedicated to think of horror and expect atrocities against their foes. What is wrong with them? Jesus, I hope those pictures are fake. If they are not, then these individuals should have been under arrest.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well, there it is. That certainly characterizes an element of the Muslim community. It's not the peaceful ones we have to worry about. It's the ones whom those in the pictures represent that are the problem. At least they're up front about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I cant believe europe doesnt S**t kick all these people back to the middle east. your too tolerant of these people, just like people in my country take the mexican invasion way too lightly.

It saddens me that europe lets the people just walk in and all over them. I have heard from friends that the crime rate in the areas the muslims have immigrated to has exploded.

Send these people back before it is too late!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What is it with Muslims in Britain that they are so crazy?

By the way, do you have a link that this actually took place during a peace rally?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101
If they are not, then these individuals should have been under arrest.

Freedom of speech and what not. You can say whatever you want, you can write whatever you want on a placard you can hand out pamphlets that say whatever you want.

Now, while I would not want to have it any other way because freedom of speech is what makes Western Democracies so great - I would hope that the UK Authorities noted down EVERY single person in the march and kept a VERY close eye on what they got up to.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
What is it with Muslims in Britain that they are so crazy?

By the way, do you have a link that this actually took place during a peace rally?

No sorry I dont, a friend of mine in the UK emailed them to me. They were labelled as if they had come straight from a camera ie. DSC0001 so I am assuming they were from someones digicam.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Okay have done a bit of quick research and these photos were actually taken during a rally following the publication of the infamous "Dutch cartoons" that muslims got all pissy about.

Still, regardless of the situation those photos are a sad indictment of "peace loving" muslims.

Full story

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And the British citizens let them march like this because??? Insult your soccer team and you start a riot but have a religion threaten your life and you let it go? Cowards! If that happened in America the good citizens would kill them in the streets and deservingly so.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shabaz
And the British citizens let them march like this because??? Insult your soccer team and you start a riot but have a religion threaten your life and you let it go? Cowards! If that happened in America the good citizens would kill them in the streets and deservingly so.

Apparantly, motorists were detoured through other streets well in advance of the rally so there was minimum contact with other citizens.

Police didnt want full scale riots on their hands - which is fair enough.

Would love to see them try that kinda # in Australia. Especially somewhere like Cronulla...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shabaz

Apparantly, motorists were detoured through other streets well in advance of the rally so there was minimum contact with other citizens.

Police didnt want full scale riots on their hands - which is fair enough.

Would love to see them try that kinda # in Australia. Especially somewhere like Cronulla...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
Okay have done a bit of quick research and these photos were actually taken during a rally following the publication of the infamous "Dutch cartoons" that muslims got all pissy about.

Still, regardless of the situation those photos are a sad indictment of "peace loving" muslims.

Full story

I couldn't agree more. These people are a disgrace to peaceful muslims everywhere. But, you should probably change your original post so that it accurately reflects where this event took place.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
But, you should probably change your original post so that it accurately reflects where this event took place.

Done

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Although I have to agree that certain elements of islam, such as those shown, can be probrmatic, we must also remeber that the laws of free speech specifily protect such individuals. If everyone just take 5 minutes to scan through the boards with regards to islam and iran, you can see two kinds of threads. The ones that condem the entire islamic religion, which has co-existed with its neighbours for the past 700 years, as barbaric and uncivilized. And ones that call for its destruction/the destruction of iran/ or simple genocide.
Although you may find the viewpoints of these muslims offensive, you should also remeber you yourself can also be called guilty of such discrimitory remarks. I'm not saying that the west should tolerate such behavior, but with kind of mindset shown by the conservative side on this board, you don't really have a chice. For example, here are some threads that can drive any moderate muslims into a radical:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

From my viewpoint, the same people that have expressed their true colors on these threads are not much better, if not worse, than the people depicted in these photos. Western radicals are protected by their pricipal of free speech, as are colored radicals. A historical example would be the confrontations during the 60s between the nation of islam extremists and "right-winged" southerners. If the west is to truly earn the trust and leadership of the free world, than they should set an example by adhereing first to their religious principal of peace and co-operation. Unless of couse, people here actually want more war and bloodshed.......

Lets face it, the western world does not have a good track record in their treatment of defenceless colored nations......

Being chinese, one aspect I look at is numbers, for they hardly lie. (unlike news sources....)

40 000 - 100 000 dead muslims, vs 3000 dead westerners. Is this truly justice?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am not siding with the radical muslims here at all. I would just like to offer some perspective. It is my belief that people are becoming more civilized at their own rate. 100 years ago these people were cutting eachothers heads off with knoves for proper drinking water. 80 years ago the money starts rolling into the region from contracts and what-not. This royal families of these areas continually kept the money for themselves, while neglecting to invest in the infrastructure. All the while, also neglecting to invest in schools, rather Mosques went into construction at a massive rate.

Each civilization matures at their own rate, and I don't have to remind the people here of the western world's crusades do I?

In Fighting for Christendom: Holy War and the Crusades, British historian Christopher Tyerman challenges many assumptions about the epic conflicts that began when Pope Urban II summoned Christians to invade areas of the Middle East in 1095. Christian troops conquered Jerusalem, killing most of the city's inhabitants, and Western-sponsored states were established in Syria and Palestine.

What do you think those Mosque taught about those Crusades? Now ask yourself this, if the only education you got in your life was Sunday School, and your pastors or preachers were upset that their country was being controlled by the same western world that enslaved in from their last group study, the feelings would certainly resonate.

Remember Mohammad was a warrior, Jesus never faught a war. The leaders are from two different beliefs. Heres Jesus.

"Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him. And behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?. But how then should the scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"... "But Jesus said, "No more of this!" And he touched his ear and healed him." (Mat.26:50-54, Lk.22:51)...

Muhammad was a warrior and left a warriors personality when died. In the first 100 years of Islam they destroyed 3,200 christian churches.

Far from the crusaders being the aggressors, it was the Muslim armies which had spread Islam from Saudi Arabia across the whole of Christian North Africa into Spain and even France within the first century after the death of Muhammad. Muslim armies sacked and slaughtered their way across some of the greatest Christian cities in the world, including Alexandria, Carthage, Antioch and Constantinople. These Muslim invaders destroyed over 3,200 Christian churches just in the first 100 years of Islam.

My point in this post is to remind the posters here that modernization and all our domestication doesn't mean the rest of the world is american made. This world is one revolving religious war that has not stopped, ony slowed down.

Let's look at the facts, todays radical Muslims are just the most recent sign that this conflict has yet to dissolve.

We need to start looking at the history of this conflict so we can properly identify how to control it. And it is NOT with, they are the crazy ones...LOOK!

AAC

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xihaoli321456
Although you may find the viewpoints of these muslims offensive, you should also remeber you yourself can also be called guilty of such discrimitory remarks.

I'm sorry but I cant say I've ever seen Christians carrying placards saying "Behead anyone who criticises Christianity" lately, neither have I done it myself.

From my viewpoint, the same people that have expressed their true colors on these threads are not much better, if not worse, than the people depicted in these photos.

Mate, some people in those photos were holding placards warning of another 911 and saying that anyone who insults Islam should be beheaded.... Im sorry but theres no way you can justify it by saying - "well other people have extreme views to". Those people with those extreme views dont march with thousands of their friends down the main street with placards calling for the death and beheading of people who do not agree with their view.

Oh yeah and the "FREEDOM GO TO HELL" placard really shows that they respect freedom of speech doesnt it.

A historical example would be the confrontations during the 60s between the nation of islam extremists and "right-winged" southerners.

Sorry I dont know anything about those events - do you have any info on them for me to read?

If the west is to truly earn the trust and leadership of the free world, than they should set an example by adhereing first to their religious principal of peace and co-operation. Unless of couse, people here actually want more war and bloodshed.......

We arent the ones carrying placards calling for people to be beheaded mate - the muslim extremists are. Its a bit laughable that you say the west isnt adhering to the principal of peace when we have photos of muslims warning of another 911 and calling for people to killed for simply criticising their religion.

Lets face it, the western world does not have a good track record in their treatment of defenceless colored nations......

Its not just the western world that has a bad track record - every civilisation on earth has at one stage or another been involved in war or raids on other nations. Look at the mongol invaders, or the Vikings or the Japanese Warlords or the Warring African tribes. Violence against other nations isnt restricted to Western nations.

Being chinese, one aspect I look at is numbers, for they hardly lie. (unlike news sources....)

40 000 - 100 000 dead muslims, vs 3000 dead westerners. Is this truly justice?

Numbers dont lie - but where do you get the numbers from? News sources.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Disturbing pics Ezekiel thanks for sharing them.

Your an Aussie too i see

Thing is these type of Muslim people more than likely wont protest like wise as your pic`s from England show because there would be a huge outcry and/or repercussions here ì`d bet.

But i dont know which would be worse,letting them show themselves as extremists and keep tags on them or have these type of extremists quietly living among us teaching and encouraging peaceful Muslims to become extremists.

"Freedom go to Hell" "Europe you will pay your 9/11 is on its way" "butcher exterminate massacre slay Behead those who mock/insult Islam"

If Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion where is the loud and deafening outcry from the supposed majority who are peaceful denouncing these scum bags at the same and should be greater noise level as the cartoon incident?and if the world has`nt seen such pictures as these they should,but what of all the Muslims here on ATS where are their voices?

or have we heard it in the bringing up of the crusades?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Disturbing pics Ezekiel thanks for sharing them.

No worries mate
Had to show my fellow ATS'ers.

Your an Aussie too i see

Certainly am! Have been posting today so much because Im recovering from the Eagles win last night..and the dozen or so Bundy's that followed

Thing is these type of Muslim people more than likely wont protest like wise as your pic`s from England show because there would be a huge outcry and/or repercussions here ì`d bet.

Yeah, while I certainly dont condone any of the behavour from the cronulla riots - I would expect the same kind of thing to happen if Muslim extremists pull the same crap here that they did in London.

But i dont know which would be worse,letting them show themselves as extremists and keep tags on them or have these type of extremists quietly living among us teaching and encouraging peaceful Muslims to become extremists.

Thats a good point that you raise. Since I am a big supporter of free speech, I would hate to see them prevented from voicing their opinion. Especially since it lets the government agencies keep tabs on those that have the extreme views

"Freedom go to Hell" "Europe you will pay your 9/11 is on its way" "butcher exterminate massacre slay Behead those who mock/insult Islam"

If Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion where is the loud and deafening outcry from the supposed majority who are peaceful denouncing these scum bags at the same and should be greater noise level as the cartoon incident?and if the world has`nt seen such pictures as these they should,but what of all the Muslims here on ATS where are their voices?

or have we heard it in the bringing up of the crusades?

Hear hear! Its pretty funny that the only thing the Muslim population can do is bring up The Crusades as a defense against the Extremists who are STILL carrying on their own Crusade against freedom.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Those 10 people carrying those signs are very disturbing, however just because 10 out of hundreds feel that way does not necessarily mean the rest feel the same.

With the mass painting of a religion as being the way you are attempting to portray them, I can see more of them becoming that way though.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
are you people blaming a hole religion of over a billion people for some stupid little kids that see osama as a holy man, for holding up those sighns c,mon thats pathetic

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join