It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,000 high resolution moon mission pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You might also want to go to the parent folder for more stuff:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"You have voted Acharya for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month."

Thanks for bringing this to ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That in the sky doesn't look like the Earth to me... look at the shape. Could it be an error in processing?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't think there was anything orange colored on A16 either. I'm looking
at a picture right now and all I see is gold colored, no orange.

What else could it be?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Absolutely wonderful, but a bit overwhelming. I've saved 255 so far.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
wondering why the flag in early photos is for the most part straight, then later photos show it gnarled at the end?

jra

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by livingtribunal23
This to me looks abit photoshopped. It screams fake to me, look at the satellite dishes at the top left of the lander.

Remember, this is 1969, there is no such thing as photoshop. It's the shape of the dish. Look at this image from Apollo 10 Note the flat sides on all the dishes. www.hq.nasa.gov...

Originally posted by incunabula
I find this one to be of interest, here take a look.
it looks like an anomalie,but hey you be the judge.

That is a lens flare. You will see many of those when the sun is infront and above the frame of the camera. The same goes for the 2nd pic you linked to.

Originally posted by SteveR

Take a look at the colorful debris strewn around. Look carefully.

I see science equipment and a few other bits of materials laying about.

And what the hell is this?

Looking at the sequence of photos after the one you linked to. It looks like its of the CM taken from far away. The following pics show it getting closer.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Originally posted by Acharya

Originally posted by SearchEngine
Hey if anyone is interested, I figured out the actual sight that this is the front door to this site is www.apolloarchive.com... All of the pictures with descriptions is there, seperated by missions.

Much easier this way..

Only some of the pictures are in the Apollo Archive. There are about 742 images of the Apollo 17 mission in the Apollo Archive, but in the link I gave you there are 2373.

Apollo archive is a great site. This one is also good if you need to browse through the different film magazines quickly. www.lpi.usra.edu...

Originally posted by SearchEngine
I don't think there was anything orange colored on A16 either. I'm looking
at a picture right now and all I see is gold colored, no orange.

What else could it be?

It was Apollo 17 that came across the orange soil. Here's an image. 161.115.184.211...

[edit on 16-9-2006 by jra]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That orange soil is not related to the object.

Excuses have limitations, y'know?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
my god man! wy cant I find a pot of gold like this? truly great pics,I cant go on
why have we never seen susch great pics or video with great detail and quality?

[edit on 16-9-2006 by slayerfan]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic. Orange soil, unknown object lying around, and the audio bytes. Very interesting indeed, it's pretty late here and I was just getting off ATS when I noticed this thread, it is very fortunate that I did. What do you guys think the orange soil represents? Would it have anything to do on how "rusty" the moon is? Kinda like a connection to the soil on Mars? Just thinking out loud here, don't bash me.

Good find, hope to keep this thread activate for a while

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Zeta_101]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I beleive the moon surface is mostly titanium, thus the metallic glow. There are actually a diverse range of minerals on the moon, giving it slight tonal differences that produce this when color saturated.

I don't know what the orange is though, but rust would require oxygen...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To quote from another site:

These orange glass spheres and fragments are the finest particles ever brought back from the Moon.
The particles range in size from 20 to 45 microns. The orange soil was brought back from the Taurus-Littrow
landing site by the apollo 17 crewmen. Scientist-Astronaut Harrison J. Schmitt discovered the orange soil at
Shorty Crater. The orange particles, which are intermixed with black and black-speckled grains, are about
the same size as the particles that compose silt on Earth. Chemical analysis of the orange soil material has show
the sample to be similar to some of the samples brought back from the Apollo 11 (Sea of Tranquility) site several
hundred miles to the southwest. Like those samples, it is rich in titanium (8%) and iron oxide (22%). But unlike the
Apollo 11 samples, the orange soil is unexplainably rich in zinc. The orange soil is probably of volcanic origin and not the
product of meteorite impact.

Link is HERE

Soil is rich in zinc and possibly of volcanic origin. What does that mean?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Iron oxide afterall! Oxygen!

Are there small amounts in the lunar atmosphere?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't think it's in the atmosphere. From what I've read,
it's stored in a certain type of moon rock. I don't know
the name of it off the top of my head, but it's not one thats
found everywhere on the moon. The oxygen in these rocks
can be released by high levels of heat or some type of
chemical reaction. It's interesting stuff though.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Possible Edit?
Other Side also Edited?

The ID number on the bottom of the picture is covered by the black along with the crosshairs..strange object just to the right of the "blackout" as well.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Semiazas]

jra

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan

They've always been avalible. I've posted links to sites with collections like this so many times in the moon hoax threads.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
in the set, different angle this time.

I'm not saying anything. Just overlay the UFO image onto the object in Photoshop and reduce opacity by 50 percent.

It's interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is my favorite photo of the them all, so far.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Absolutely wonderful, but a bit overwhelming. I've saved 255 so far.

Its faster to download everything first, its about 4,1GB, and then sift throught it offline. You can download everything using Internet Explorer by opening the arhive folder in your browser and selecting File->Save As on the Internet Explorer menu, then select to save as "Web Page, complete". It will probably take a couple of days depending on how fast your internet connection is, you can start browsing offline immidiately though. I personally use HTTrack Website copier as I think its faster than Internet Explorer, its free and can be downloaded from here(Microsoft Windows only):

www.download.com...

Originally posted by slayerfan
my god man! wy cant I find a pot of gold like this? truly great pics,I cant go on

There original scans are 4096x4095 pixels, so they are 4x the quality of these, the proof of this can be found here:

Why NASA dont release these scans? Until the time they release the original scans we can only speculate.

You can find some more 4096x4095 images here:

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I just had an amazing thought.

If i were neil armstrong or buzz aldrin i would have written my name in really big letters in the dust/sand (whatever you want to call it) on the moon, knowing that people would probably be looking at it for decades through telescopes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join