It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Camp. (How can they do this to children?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is the most disturbing piece of freaking information i've ever seen.

For starters......
....the children are made to pray...in front of a HUGE picture of...George W. Bush....to pray for HIM.

While the kids are crying and in some sort of weird state, they pray to George.(and for him)

To say that i'm mortified and bothered by this...is not enough. I have no words or smileys that can represent my feelings right now...

Sick- this is a notch bellow the worse of the worse.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

DG are they really praying to a picture of GWB????????

I have only seen bits of the video, oddly the same movie was debated on CNN as well.

The conservative right confuses me so much.. besides destroying my once political party (I can no longer call my self republican. Conservative.. but not republican, not with them running the show) They are controdict themselves so much.. their views on society go against anything Christian, and now praying infront of a picture of W ... is that not considered praying to an idol?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I missed the picture of President Bush in the trailer as well. Not to mention the audio of the kids praying TO President Bush.

I guess it's in the full movie.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What chance does the us have now to advance in the mediacal field with these damn weirdo's protesting at every stem cell research project. These people have no right in a free society the usa isnt catholic so why should we listen to your 10 commandments and laws.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
WOah there buddy, these guys are NOTTT CATHOLIC!!!!!!! please.. dear god don't mix me with these bafoons.

These guys are from my guess baptist of some dinomination.

Catholics generally don't even talk about religion in public, a few protest over abortion maybe but have you ever been appraoched by a Catholic and asked "Have you been saved? Jesus loves you! HHE LOOVES YOU! He sa saves you from the fireas of Heeel boy!"

Nah, don't think so. Ask a Catholic if he goes to church. Hilarious. "Sure, Easter and Christmas."

Never mix hand raised crazies falling all over the place with Catholics.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please beleive me when i tell you, the shot of the children praying FOR OR TO
George W. Bush was aired last night on the Olbermann show!!! Its the most disturbing thing i have ever seen in my life.

Like i said on another thread, it reminds me of my childhood having to salute Fidel Castro's image at elementary school in the morning!!!!!!!

I hope you can all see it- keep an eye on You Tube.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I believe someone said they were Pentacostal or somethig along that line. I was raised by two Pentacostal ministers and I could see them doing something like this. Hell, i'm still traumatized from the stuff I saw as a kid growing up in that church.

Like I said though, I grew up to totally reject it. Maybe these kids will as well. We can only hope.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, a movie about an off-the-wall Christian sect in one particular town who wants to raise their kids with a belief in God. Funny how people around here mention how screwed up the world is today and yet, would love to see God and religion completely shoved out of the picture (which will only result in the world getting more screwed up). There's nothing wrong with raising your kids to embrace their love for God. For me personally, being Catholic, yeah, this stuff looks weird, but everybody's got their own way of getting into God. To each his own......it's not how you get there, but getting there that's important. Seems many think this movie is intended to Christian bash. I haven't seen it, so I can't judge it.

What I do think is interesting is that this movie is directed by a Jew (you know the people that don't believe Jesus is who He said He was), and the assistant director is a lapsed Catholic (this means she thinks her old religion is baloney). Hmmmm......does anybody expect this movie to show Christians in a positive light. I'm not Protestant, Pentechostal (sp?) or whatever....I'm Catholic, and although this movie is far from being my cup of tea.....it's obvious what the makers of this movie set out do....and it worked, judging by the response of the majority of posters on this thread. Wake up sheeple!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It was set out to be in nagative light because they are literally brainwashing children. Do you think those kids comprehend what is being said? Probably scareing half of them to death...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Although this flick no doubt was made with a deliberate attempt to show the 'bible camp' in bad light, this does not change the fact that what is happening there is disturbing to say the least.

Someone mentioned 'madarassas' in this thread. Let me tell you this is worse than many madarassas. Madarassas are primarily an educational institution, where knowledge of the maths, language, theology etc are imparted. But this camp has nothing to do with knowledge. All that is being taught to the kids is how to hate people who do not think like them. Their young minds are being closed to the world. Their view is being narrowed down.

They are learning to see the world in Black or White, whereas the truth is that most of the world lives somewhere in the Grey area.

Having said this, the actions needed to correct this situation have to come from the Christian community itself. No amount of government intervention will help, as it will only lead to further conflict.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
is it just an off the wall sect though? I mean, those compassionate, conservative christians we have in washinton seem to be just as wierd, and maybe more dangerous.

I don't know. this could be just a misrepresentation of christian camp, it is election time. but I was a member of a pentecostal church in the 80's. started off just fine, then came the name it and claim it theories......remember one of the temptations of jesus dealt with wealth also....and alot bit on to it. I had something like this running through my mind....
you commit all your resources to God (or the voice who was telling me this...might not of actually been God.) and then, you let me lead you as to how you spend the money. I will lead you to other's of like mind who have what you need, the money will stay in the family, and well, more will be added. soon, you will have any mansion you like, and as he's saying this, I find myself walking past a really nice mansion...

I am not lying about this, this actually happened in the 80's.....and it does seem that the little voice in my head was running the same proposition across alot of others.....and they bit. the span between the haves and the have nots has widened considerably....and the haves have put thier spokesmen leader within the government...namely those conservative christians which I hesitate to call republicans...but they call themselves that and ran on their ticket!!

soon after the name it and claim its came, there was suddenly this sudden thirst for power within the church....another temptation of chirst by the way. all of a sudden the men were doing all they could to knock those who they say as standing in thier way to the prize (our pastor was quite elderly, of course he would have to be replace soon!!) down a few notches. they're was also this great quest for spiritual power, power to heal, ect....
well, that's when I had the dream of the wolf in sheep's clothing, one of the men actually turned into a wolf in my dream...that's when I pulled back from the church. my husband pulled back at the same time....I didn't find out till a decade or so later why....someone proposed wife swapping to him....I kind of wonder if this wasn't some kind of test to see how submissive the wives were or something...that also became a big thing around that time also.

this is just my personal experience of one church back in the 80's. I don't know how representative it is of all the other pentecostal churches, and well, doubt if it is representative to many of the other demoninations...

but it does seem that the thirst for power and wealth took hold...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Someone mentioned they where pentacostal or something like that, so no, not an off the wall group. In school I knew a girl who went to "Bible Study Camp" and she was baptist.. I never saw the actual camp I can only say I can imagine it was somewhat like that just from visiting her church once, which may be normal for American Christians, me being Catholic we are very conservative about yelling and screaming and dancing and eating hot dogs in the pews...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I heard it was the new generation of born again Christians. Children?

I'm not too sure...but they did mention the born-agains.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh my god

Those poor kids! What have they done to them. They are mind controlling and demonizing them.

Someone needs to rescue the children.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well Well
That it seems is perverting
The darkness will use the good name to confuse and trick us

But we are caught in the middle of a Spiritual war

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That's just wrong. Indoctrination at it's finest.

Children shouldn't be forced to believe in such things, they should be told about different theories/possibilities (because that's all they are), and then make the choice themselves when they grow up whether or not they want to be sheep. Parents/religions try too hard to make their children clones of themselves. Individuality is important. And this Jesus Camp is just taking things to the extreme.

However, if the children overcome the brainwashing, then more power to em! The harder the journey, the greater the reward.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think it should be illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to go to any religious function unless they walk in on their own accord by themselves without their parents compeling them in anyway. Private schools forcing religion should even be illegal. Not private education persay. Not the parents right in my opinion to make their kids participate in any religious function. Let the children individuly decide, anything else is forced indoctrination,brainwashing, and immoral in my opinion.

You are telling kids what to believe before they can even get physically mature enough to decide for themselves or see through religious brainwashing. Thats how they maintain their power base and it's insidious, and wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately there's not much we can do without taking away important freedoms. I think we just have to wait till humanity grows up some more.
Best thing we can do is lead by example I suppose.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very true Kruel. There isn't anything we can do without becomeing just like them in the process, other than to lead by example and to give the population options for how to design/live their paradigns.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I think we just have to wait till humanity grows up some more.

That is an awesome observation my friend.

I too believe that as a species mankind is in the equivelant of the terrible two's. We want what we want when we want it.

Perhaps as we age we will come to understand it's not just about ourselves as individuals but about mankind as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join