It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two bombs for the price of one! Big happenings in the Skippy camp...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, I haven’t posted at all in about a month. Maybe you care maybe you dont

I have good news, and I have bad news. Good news first:

We are having TWINS!!! Not one, but TWO!! We are extremely excited (and terrified) and have been trying for a couple of years. Who knew perseverance would pay off this well? Man my little swimmers stepped up to the plate...

Anyways, we wont know the sex for another few weeks, but who cares!! TWO! And yes we will find out the sex, way to much t plan to not know.

The babies are doing amazingly well, but my wife is not. Some of you may or may not know, but my wife has an illness called Graves Disease, it affects people in different ways, from mild to the most severe symptoms including death. Anyways, my wife is someplace in the middle and its relatively under control (nobody thinks it will kill her). And now that we will be done having kids, there is even a "cure" for it. Too much to explain here, look it up. But the bottom line is she is having a tough time, but the kiddies are doing very well. We have a great set of doctors right now and they all seem to be very proactive about her treatment and comfort.

All of a sudden my home and car are way to small, and my job doesn’t pay enough!

Which leads me to the bad news...

Four weeks ago I was fired from my job of nearly 10 years. Its very complicated, but the bottom line is I made too much money for the position in a time of cutbacks and layoffs. I have never been fired before, and I had no idea what a terrible experience it was. I can honestly say it was one of the most hurtful experiences of my life.

I was able to get about 5.5 weeks of pay out of it (I had to plead for that, no kidding). They "allowed" me to give three weeks notice which they did not except (but they had to pay me) and I had some vacation time left they owed me for.

If it never happened to you, believe me it sucks. This was no High School part time job, this was the sole income for my family. Sucks big time.

Anyways, I think I may be employed again very soon and may end up making more money. My wife sees this as an opportunity, I know she is right, but its hard to think that way right now.

If I get the job I think I will, I WILL be happier and be better able to provide for my family. But that doesn’t make the situation not hurt any less, not yet anyways. My wife says that my old employer just made a decision I really wanted to make for me. Lets hope she is right. Maybe twins make one wiser? Time will tell.

Anyways, wish me luck, I will need it. The money is running low and Unemployment has been a pain so far and wont ultimately pay me what I need, so time is critical. You don’t even want to know what my insurance is costing me right now...

YEAH!!! TWINS!!!

BAH!!! FIRED!!!!

You haters be nice, I needed to post this for my own sanity. You’d be surprised how many people "lose" your phone number when you need a job.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
hmm..

Welcome back!
Congratulations!
I'm sorry!

Thats really cool about the 2 for 1 deal on the kids. I wish you the best with that.
And, with picking names!

About your job, what industry are you in?
We're having cutbacks too, I'm in News and Media.

As a matter of fact, someone was let go yesterday, then I get a call that human resources needed to talk to me urgently. YIKES...but it was about something else.

I too, would view this as an opportunity, a good thing. You can put some thought into what you really want to do! Good Luck

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thanks Space, I appreciate it.

Hopefully I will get the job offer in the next two days. We may also get to find out the sexes of the babies as early as this Tuesday. Yeah!!

I want one of each, I already have a 2.5 year old boy and two boys and one girl would be nice. Two boys wouldnt be the end of the world, but I want at least one girl. Two girls and I am joining the army!!

[edit on 17-9-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Any idea if they're identical or fraternal? I'd want identical...I think it'd be AWESOME to have an identical twin!

Anyway, congrats! Let's just all pray they're healthy no matter what else they are.

edit:

Sorry about your job, but they come and go. I'm sure you'll find something better soon! Your family is forever.

[edit on 9/17/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
congrats on the twins, i wish the absolute best for you , your wife ,and the twins.

i know some people around here dont agree with you, but ive always respected you alot for simply speaking your mind.

hope your days get brighter from here on out.

peace

p.s. i only have one kid, but if i had two of her , my life would be double the fun and happiness

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thats cool, congrats' to you and your other half on your twins. sounds like you've been very busy, you've probably been to tired to use ATS lol but its good to see you back.
Soz to hear about your job, but as they always say "As one door closes another always opens!!" so I will keep my fingers crossed.

JAK

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Congratulations on the good news Skippy.

Here's to the years of love and happyness heading your way.

Jak

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks guys, I truly appreciate the sentiment.

And they are fraternal, not identical. In a way I like that better, I really would have hated to mark one on the forehead with an "X" to keep track...

Thanks again guys, it helps my spirits.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi Skip

Welcome back, as one of your haters I have just one thing to say to you........

Congratulations on the twins

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Congrats man!!!! The only problem I could see with identical twins is telling them apart from each other, though hopefully that will sort itself out. Much luck to you.

NOTE: I now know that they are fraternal so my input was completely useless haha. Anyways so that problem is solved.

[edit on 9/18/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thanks again guys, looks like we may find out the sex's today. EXCITING!!

I am still a jobless bum btw, but my World of Warcraft has never been so productive...

Ill let you guys know later today.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Update:

One boy, one girl!! YES!!! Already have the names picked out and my wife is already buying little girl clothes. we are very excited. (now to buy that minivan)

AND.....

I accepted a job today!!! YEAH BABY! I will no longer be a jobless bum (My WoW will suffer though
)

Not only that, I will make more money in this one job, than I did in my last job and my part time job combined (not including the bonuses!)

For the three or four of you who posted pleasant sentiment, I really appreciated it. Its funny how people show thier true chatacter in tough times. Lets just say that there are at least a dozen people who will not make my Christmas card list this year.

Anyways, things will be back on track soon, ty!

new topics

top topics

join