It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American/British Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Given the ongoing state of fear/panic in both our countries how long do you think it will be before we turn on our Muslim communities. Would it take further terrorist attacks? if there was any acts of retribution what form would they take.
Are we right to blame all Muslims for the actions of a tiny minority? or would we just looking for payback.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well I'll go ahead and chime in and no I do not think we will turn on our muslim citizens.

But that depends on what you mean by turning on them. Do you mean rounding them up and putting them in camps or along the lines of morons with bats beating up people in turbins?

Of course I can't speak for how the average English person feels but as for here in the states I think camps would never happen I just don't see americans allowing the government to go that far. I can't think of anything more unamerican than that. And I would not be alone in saying that even a hint would be very upsetting.

I would also hope we learned our lessons from world war 2 when we rounded up Japanese and Asian families out of fear simply based on what they looked like.

As for idiots with bats...good luck stopping that.

And of course we can't blame all muslims for the acts of the few and misguided.

We can't blame all christrians for the extreme right and I'm not talking about the folks you see on FOX.

There are many Aryan organizations who interpret the bible to fit their needs.

Just because some people are using the quran as a tool of hatred does not mean we should assume all those who read the quran feel the same way.

Americans are already seething (for the most part) about how we're conducting this war I don't know how much more parnoid freedom our citizens will allow the current administration.

We can't break the law to enforce the law and we can't lead a war of morality with no morals.

IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

[edit on 9/16/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
it will never happen.

Our Muslim community in the United Kingdom is very liberal. They are the first to speak out against any voilence via Muslims (regardless of what The Daily Mail or any other right wing idoits have to say).

A recent feature of Skynews showed a young Muslim handing out leaflets and campaigning for Mosques in the UK to encourage Muslims to vote and become apart of society.

TG

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im armed and ready to blow up their mosques!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and agree with you but I was thinking of an event in Holland where an film producer was murdered for showing a naked woman with verses of the quran on her body. The day after his murder the very liberal Dutch people set fire to a number of Mosques and Muslim schools.

Do you think there could be people trying to provoke action against the Muslims. (on both sides)

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think we'd ever turn on them. We didn't turn on them after 9/11 and aside from a handful of isolated attacks (they are always a few idiots) I haven't heard of any since.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't think we'd ever turn on them. We didn't turn on them after 9/11 and aside from a handful of isolated attacks (they are always a few idiots) I haven't heard of any since.

Tte question you should ask yourself, If they attacked your community or say attacked your church they way they have in Gaza etc, how would you feel then?

Let the Police deal with it or take the law into your own hands?

We have seen what happens when that happens over here in the UK. i.e. Riots in England, BNP activists attacking other groups in the past. Racial attacks against muslims in scotland.

Iit may be on the rise, but personally I dont think We in the UK would turn on them. Maybe let the Police handle it.

But then again I might be proven wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't think it will happen, I certainly hope it doesn't. At the end of the day common sense will prevail despite the best intentions of extremists on both sides of the fence.

Oh and I read the Daily Mail and I still think that.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The majority of idiots far outnumber us 'smart' folk, of course it will happen.

For example, I live in a fairly quiet neighbourhood, there was no trouble until 7/, when a gang of 'chavs' beat up a load of who they thought were Muslims outside a local school. Not only were they not Muslim, but Hindu, they had done nothing wrong!

It's inevitable, a horrible thought, but (in England anyway) alot of people are ignorant enough to do it.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG

I hope yout joking?

If not for what reason do you have to blow up a place of worship?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG

A classic example of what I was talking about, even if you were joking, it's not even remotely funny, sort it out.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TG

THere may be trouble ahead,but i feel the innocent muslims will be harmed.....while they all do not believe in terror,the ones that are heard do and that is the problem.

We need the moderates to speak up more or at least get more press coverage otherwise I think people will be surprised.

People in GB are getting a bit fed up with liberal political correctness.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There will always be some backlash at what ever event, peodofiles are also targetted if they do wrong and people find out where they live. Why do you think there are police protection units and policies its not just for Muslims its for everyone as any situation can spark a reaction.

The only difference is people knew more about Islam even if its distorted or currently how they see it as being polar opposites to the West. The fact is I don't think 2 million Christians from the UK and 7 million Christians from the USA want to move away to an Isamic country for basic reasons as both the 9 million together have stayed in the US and UK, not like they want to go back in the same influx they come in. Maybe people have woken up maybe some people think we have not.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

THere may be trouble ahead,but i feel the innocent muslims will be harmed.....while they all do not believe in terror,the ones that are heard do and that is the problem.

It is always the innocent that are harmed. Just as those on 9/11, Madrid and also the london bombings there were also innocent.

With Churches being attacked in palestine just hope it does not spread worldwide.

Or else there will be a backlash.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wish y,all would stop with this "innocent muslim" crap.
After 9/11 their silence was deafening!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Whose silence was deafening?
Just about every Islamic leader on the planet condemned 9/11 - hell even the Iranians did.

In my job, I deal with American Muslims and Arab immigrants all day.
I don't know of a single one that wasn't horrified and shocked by 9/11.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Whose silence was deafening?
Just about every Islamic leader on the planet condemned 9/11 - hell even the Iranians did.

In my job, I deal with American Muslims and Arab immigrants all day.
I don't know of a single one that wasn't horrified and shocked by 9/11.

Don't forget Hezbollah! They came out and condemend the attacks on the WTC almost immediately. Quite shocking for "terrorists" to do that, hey?

Their "silence" is only deafening because you choose not to hear....

[edit on 17/9/06 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Even Saddam did

(but it wasn't very nicely)

the whole Muslim world did, i believe it was only in Palestine where they were celebrating in the streets.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I believe it was only in Palestine where they were celebrating in the streets.

Weren't they library pictures in the end?

TG

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by TG

I hope yout joking?

If not for what reason do you have to blow up a place of worship?

The British people are sick to death of Muslims and their way of life. They arent part of our society, they dont belong here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join