It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Sneaky Marines!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That Sneaky Marine is me!

You can read the full story at bleedingonion.com... titled ‘Sneaky Marine’!

I painted those pictures in the camouflaged (with a few others that liked what I was doing) during the first gulf war in Saudi Arabia. Why? I was bored. Those pics were taken at the Port of Al-Jubayal. Although I do not think you can see it in the pictures, there is one helicopter that has a silhouette of me holding up fingers in the peace sign. The top photo was the first helicopter I painted. I started on the head and breast, everybody else joined in. I painted the middle finger on the bottom of a helicopter. Others have Elvis, and a rooster (crew-chief's nick name was Rooster).

I have the pictures and my journal in storage to prove it!

And feel free to contact me.

-Craig

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 24/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Haha I have pictures of that as well from years back. I must say though sneaky marine that was a killer job. I function in the day to day world as a graphic designer and an artist so seeing someone messing with that type of paint jobs etc made my day. Really any special paint sheme on aircraft is artwork to me hence the tiger painted CF-188 in my avater.

Just wanted to say kudos for a great job!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have added three others pitures about this with me and the paint crew from December 1990. You can see them here: www.bleedingonion.com

No photoshop. No anti-Muslim. No macho propaganda. Just me, a smart-a$$ed Marine having some fun.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Haha!

Awesome work Sneaky Marine! If only all aircraft had paints with Chickens, witches and so on on them.

LOL the guy at the top:
bleedingonion.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join