It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush admits there were explosives in WTC!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Grim I posted that three times...lol

just goes by the wayside...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I know tone, I even gave you my first WATS for it, but it needed to be restated. Dont let slack up and allow it to be lost in the mix. it was mentioned just before the paragraphs in question, he was mentioned in the article in direct connection to 9/11. We cant let the opposing side try to drown that out.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Opposing side? What is this a war?
And who's trying to drown it out? As far as I've seen there's only one other person even talking about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So what grim?

It has nothing to do with his comments on disrupted plots.

Should we assume that the whole speech is about 9-11 because he says it once?

Notice that he clearly references 9-11 and then he talks about something else, using words like "attacks inside the US" instead of 9-11.

If he meant anything about 9-11 he would clearly have stated it, as he does earlier but instead since he is talking about disrupted plots, he doesn't say WTC or 9-11.

Here he is clearly talking about disrupted plots.

www.guardian.co.uk...

For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of plane attacks on building inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people.

He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping.

He gave us information that helped uncover al-Qaida cells' efforts to obtain biological weapons.

We've also learned information from the CIA program that has helped stop other plots, including attacks on the U.S. Marine base in East Africa, our American consulate in Pakistan, or Britain's Heathrow Airport.

This program has been one of the most vital tools in our efforts to protect this country. It's been invaluable to our country, and it's invaluable to our allies.

Notice how he talks about disrupted plots, and then says "For example".

Then he gives his examples, which are:

-a plot using plane attacks on buildings inside the US

-a detail about maximizing casualties with explosives in buildings.

-a plot to get biological weapons.

Thats what he claims they disrupted with info from KSM, then he details what they stopped with info from the CIA prisons.

We've also learned information from the CIA program that has helped stop other plots, including attacks on the U.S. Marine base in East Africa, our American consulate in Pakistan, or Britain's Heathrow Airport.

Then he concludes with a statement about the effectiveness of the program he was talking about the whole time.

His whole point was to demonstrate the effectiveness of his spy programs, why would he make vague references to 9-11, without specifically mentioning it?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ALso, in that same quote notice the concerted effort of distancing themselves from the Osama did 911...

And in this case, we questioned people like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who we believe ordered the attacks on 9/11, or Ramzi Binalshibh or Abu Zubaydah, cold-blooded killers who were part of planning the attack that killed 3,000 people.

Gawwd I am loving this part more and more every time I use it. There is now 3 people mentioned for the planning... none of which are OBL...

Again Mr. Bush...thanks for clearing that up....jack ass

[edit on 9/16/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
leftbehind is zaph.

opposing side=other side of the arguement. its a debate, what do you want me to call the other guy? Ive got an idea...TERRORIST!!!!!hahahaha

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I definetely want to see this pan out because, here you have bush admitting to pre planted explosives that we can at least agree on. Although he says that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed orchestrated the explosions I would like to know when exactly was KSM interrogated and why did he feel the need to release this information now 5 years after 9/11.

I believe with the front page article on time magazine and 9/11 theories around the net bush is trying to divert the real attention from our goverment back to the terrorist. Bush is assuming that the people of america will just accept... that terrorist would be able to get their hands on thermite, place themselves or bombs around both WTC(as if they are master architects or demolitionist) and have it explode to make the two towers fall at near free fall speed.

Come on.. but of course since most take the spoon feeding info from the goverment already I'm sure they'll take this bit of news also.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I thought I'd also add to this discussion that I believe both Val and Leftbehind could both be right here. The manner in which Bush injects the "explosives" reference is expertly equivocal. Simply read these two quotes with both Val's and Leftbehind's point of view and they both stand up to examination based on what Bush said.

For example, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed described the design of plane attacks on building inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. That is valuable information for those of us who have the responsibility to protect the American people.

He told us the operatives had been instructed to ensure that the explosives went off at a point that was high enough to prevent people trapped above from escaping.

The phrase "plane attacks on building inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out." could mean both the other 8 plane attacks Val cited or 9/11 itself. Since KSM planned both 9/11 and 8 other attacks that never took place, both interpretations hold water.

You see, sometimes you can pick up information on the battlefield, sometimes you can pick it up, you know, through letters, but sometimes you actually have to question the people who know the strategy and plans of the enemy.

And in this case, we questioned people like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who we believe ordered the attacks on 9/11, or Ramzi Binalshibh or Abu Zubaydah, cold-blooded killers who were part of planning the attack that killed 3,000 people.

And we need to be able to question them, because it helps yield information, information necessary for us to be able to do our job.

Here Bush clearly states the interrogation of KSM pertained to the actual events of 9/11 but he also adds a caveat that this interrogation is vital for "us to be able to do our job", which implies preventing attacks before they occur. I would hardly categorize finding out the nitty gritty of attacks after they've been carried out as doing "our job".

Please, instead of tearing each other a new one over this bare in mind that he is the President of the United States and he does not read prepared speeches that are so expertly ambigous by accident. He has a trained staff to write these things with attention paid to nuance, as well as grammar and message. It's pointless debating what is not there, there is no other information to base a stance on just yet. Arguing to the contrary is counter productive.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
leftbehind is zaph.

opposing side=other side of the arguement. its a debate, what do you want me to call the other guy? Ive got an idea...TERRORIST!!!!!hahahaha

Just trying to inject a TINY bit of humor into the thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You simply cant be serious leftbehind.

lets look at what is said BEFORE your quote, which you keep convienently leaving out.

As soon as Congress acts on this bill, the men our intelligence believed helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks can face justice.

The bill would also provide clear rules for our personnel involved in detaining and questioning captured terrorists.

The information that the Central Intelligence Agency has obtained by questioning men like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has provided valuable information and has helped disrupt terrorist plots, including strikes within the United States.

ok so in the paragraphs before your quote. he mentions the terrorist of 9/11. then KSM, who they believe ordered 9/11 according to intelligence agencies. so KSM and 9/11 are connected in this article, following?

now lets do this.
questioning men like KSM has
1. provided valuable information
and 2. helped disrupt terror plots

now lets see how he further applies what he just said. Lets look at the next paragraphs.

obviously hes talking about number 1- information he got from KSM, not disrupted terror attacks.
He never said anything about information which lead to disrupted terror attacks. Hes saying they got information, and he has ALSO helped disrupt terror attacks.
Theres no mention of disrupted terror plots here. In the following paragraphs is where he mentions the disrupted plots.

He gave us information that helped uncover al-Qaida cells' efforts to obtain biological weapons.

though it says information, it pretty much says helped stop terror plots, so this must be part 2. Relating to the paragraphs you didn't bother to quote.

I don't understand how you can go about saying there is no reference to 9/11, it was referenced right before you started your quote...funy how that worked out.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Subz, very true, me and Val could both be right. We won't know without actually asking the president what he meant.

But you make a very good point about this really not amounting to anything.

It is much too ambiguous to be accurately described as "Bush admits there were explosives in WTC."

Which I think was my whole point to begin with, but got lost in the shuffle.

For the record, I still think he was talking about disrupted attacks, not 9-11.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

original quote by: Revelmonk
when exactly was KSM interrogated and why did he feel the need to release this information now 5 years after 9/11.

According to wikipedia he was captured May 1st 2003.

So its been 3 years and he was just moved to Gitmo this month.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
I definetely want to see this pan out because, here you have bush admitting to pre planted explosives that we can at least agree on. Although he says that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed orchestrated the explosions I would like to know when exactly was KSM interrogated and why did he feel the need to release this information now 5 years after 9/11.

Why would they have to be preplanted? All you have to do is have a group of operativevs make an appointment with various businesses in the building, and at some point before the attacks or even immediately after, walk into stairwells and detonate suicide vests, thereby rendering the stairwells unusable. Or they could have rushed into the buildings to "help" run up a stairwell, and detonated them low in the building. There is absolutely NO reason they HAD to be preplanted.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

According to wikipedia he was captured May 1st 2003.

So its been 3 years and he was just moved to Gitmo this month.

And that was only because they were forced to move him there after the bill about prisoners was signed a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise no one would know where he was even today.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Grim, read the thread, I have posted the relevant parts over and over.

I am not ignoring what he says about 9-11, it just has no relevance to what he is talking about in the next few paragraphs.

Why would he be so ambigous, saying "described the design of plane attacks on building inside the U.S. and how operatives were directed to carry them out. " If he meant to say "described the attacks on 9-11."

Why would he be so vague if he implicitly meant the 9-11 attacks. I think we all know that he has no problem bringing those up to the point of it being inappropriate.

What is the point of him being vague, unless he is braggin about supposed plots that were stopped by info from KSM?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
AH HELL, I nearly forgot to mention what I originally wanted to. Anybody remember how the lobby and lower floors seemed completely destroyed, and the explaination was fire traveled down the elevator shaft I believe.

Its like the bible, the people follow a story, which is convienently changed overtime to fit the views of the people in charge or writting the story and its teachings.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
alright then leftbehind, tell me where he was mentioning when he said this

ok so if that was the wtc, which it fits pretty well, where was it.
Planes hitting a building, make sure people above cant escape. where was this? wtc.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The WTC is the one WE KNOW OF. KSM had a fascination with planes, so I'm sure he had other plans that involved them. He liked them because they carried so many people and were so easy to do things to.

Don't get locked into thinking that since he mentioned planes hitting buildings it HAS TO BE the WTC and 9/11.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ok well lets think about it, put explosives high enough in the building. (first couple floors) to stop people from escaping in the world trade center, which a fire was going on above, so you would want people stuck in the building. or some other plot that we have no information about, thus those paragraphs leaving us in the dark.

Why even mention the explosives thing if its a plot we never heard about or never witnessed?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where was it?

He is talking about disrupted plots, as in ones that didn't happen. Or at least that's what he's claiming, you know, to support his domestic spying, as in the whole premise of the speech.

So I guess the answer is nowhere?

Please why don't you show me where, as the OP stated, Bush admits there were explosives used in WTC.

Regardless of what he meant, it is too ambigous to back up what the OP claimed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join