It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

matrix revolutions: seen it yet and any symbologies stand out?...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, the big one that stands out is Chaos (the Oracle) versus Order (the Architect). It's rather silly to talk about it and try not to give stuff away though....see the other thread in BTS Movies....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Really Important Bit... you'll see a glowing cross on a certain somebody... that's the only one I caught. Actually, there are very few icon-type symbols anywhere.

The Indian dude's name was Rama, I think, the Hindu divinity of destruction? Krishna is the opposite. Rama basically comes in and knocks everything for six... resonates with the Thanatos (death, destruction, end-time) theme of the Matrix.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Architect is god-the creator. Neo symbolizes Jesus. He is sent to save humanity. Some people believe that Neo is "the one" and some don't, just as some believe Jesus was the Messiah and some don't.

For most of the moveis we are made to believe that neo is sent to destroy the machines. But he doesn't destroy them, he is sent to atone for the sins of men and machines, and therefore once again bring peace. If any of you saw the Animatrix there is a part where the narrator from the archive says something to the affect of 'may god have mercy on the sins of man and machine.'

While neo is lying on the plugins next to the source, representing the cross, he sacrifices himself to Smith, this means that Smith's program has fulfilled its purpose and is now obsolete and destroyed. His sacrifice restores order to the Matrix and peace is restored.

The last time we see Neo, he is in a Messiah like pose and taken into the source, which may symbolize heaven.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good thing I've already seen it or I'd be mad right about now

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The merovinchian's (sp?) wife's name is persephone and i think in greek or roman mythology that is the name of the devils wife

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The first Matrix was probably the best in my opinion, they just didnt do a good job with the story in the second movie. The coolest character though has to be Agent Smith, what a bad azz.

I remember seeing Dark City which came out before the Matrix that had a similair concept, about the world being controlled by aliens or something like that.

I agree that the Matrix is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Furthermore in the symbolism, the Oracle represents the Holy Ghost. She was the one thing that the Architect couldn't get right. She gives the humans the very essence that seperates us from animals, choice. (Or at least the feeling of it) Now you have the Holy Trinity represented in the film. Also, Smith could be viewed as the devil as could the Merovingian. But, Smith, more than likely was intended to be the Anti-Christ. We can deduce that from what the Oracle tells Neo. The Oracle's bodyguard...Seraph, that one is a given. I can't think of anything else right now, sorry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join