It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese computer decides court sentence -Including handing out the death penalty!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.bit-tech.net...

yeah the link says it all.

The judge types in some facts and numbers, and the program does the rest - including and up to death sentences. Now im all for Justice, but I would rather it was from a man than a machine... Good job this isnt in the USA or UK, as we would be in deep trouble with all the lunacy floating around we would get 5 years for jumping a red light, death for smoking in a pub, and 3 months probation for kiddie fiddling if the past judgments in this countries courts are any thing to go by!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So using computers magically makes sentences change? k

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, probably. There is always more to a case than the eye can see.

The judge puts in the crime, the mitigating circumstances, and any other important notes.

Chances are, 'any other important notes' isn't going to include everything, as a computer could only make sense and properly apply so much.

Give me a corruptible judge anytime

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ha ha, sounds like someone was watching the first episode of Blakes 7 when the hero got found guilty by a very dodgy-looking piece of 1970s BBC technology!

Seriously though, anything that puts lawyers out of work has to be a good thing, right?

TD

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just hope these machines arent made by diebold..

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I just hope these machines arent made by diebold..

lol

Anyways, thought Id come back and mention that I think I remember reading something like this in a Doctor Who book ages ago. Maybe it wasn't even that, but this all-seeing computer that has knowledge of everything handed out sentences.
So, were the Dr Who books ever translated into Chinese

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Boy, this brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "justice is blind".

top topics

join