It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Google Earth Finds Around Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Right as some of you know Im starting this thread after the closure of another and Im hoping to create a directory of places around Groom Lake that people have found on Google Earth.

Not only will this thread act as a catalogue to stop multiple posts on a single topic but also as a great place for people to find out about the wealth of fascinating places within the NTS and surrounding area.

Im thinking a photo, a quick and factual description of what it is and if applicable a link to a reliable site with in depth information.

Really Id like to limit this thread to finds on Google Earth or similar and keep it mostly picture based, obviously with a little discussion. My only problem is that if this is going to act effectively as a quick-look-up directory of pictures then the picture have to be displayed so they can be spotted quickly rather than having to read every caption under a red "external image" link. I do understand why the external image thing is in place but if one of the mods could help out in this case I think it would be beneficial. Oh and of course once it gets big enough for it to be a sticky thread.

So come on guys ... lets deny ignorance

Heres my first entry:

This is Yucca Flat, part of the NTS scarred by loads of nuclear tests, above and below ground. It s situated to the west of Groom Lake.
History of the Nevada Test Site

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This is an image of an array of Central Pivot Irrigation fields and the town of Rachel, NV. Rachel is visible in the bottom right of the image and is the closest inhabited town to the base at Groom Lake. It has around 100 inhabitants and its main attraction is the A'Le'Inn and of course its proximity to Area 51.

The green circles are crop fields using the technique of Cetre Pivot Irrigation. This involves a mechanical watering arm which rotates and waters the plants. These in particular are part of Penoyer Farms.

Rachel, Nevada Website

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
This is an image of an array of Central Pivot Irrigation fields and the town of Rachel, NV. Rachel is visible in the bottom right of the image and is the closest inhabited town to the base at Groom Lake. It has around 100 inhabitants and its main attraction is the A'Le'Inn and of course its proximity to Area 51.
Rachel, Nevada Website

Is it possible to get a closer zoom on google so that the facts you present can be seen by others? The link to a similar image in annother thread did not lead to resolution sufficient enough to remove the green dots not resolve the sprinkler arms as I had been able to see in other images linked to google.

Your aggressive assertions on this topic make me more inquisitive and desire to see the 'proof' or what you argue.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Is it possible to get a closer zoom on google so that the facts you present can be seen by others?

Do you need to be spoon fed ? look for your self – do some dammed research , you may learn something

The link to a similar image in annother thread did not lead to resolution sufficient enough to remove the green dots not resolve the sprinkler arms

See below .

as I had been able to see in other images linked to google.

Assuming that you accept that these “ other images “ were in fact fields , with center pivot irrigators , why do you not accept that these are fields ?

You realise [ don`t you ] that GE images are taken at different altitudes , lighting and atmospheric conditions , in different resolutions and at differing inclinations that all serve to highlight or obsfucate identical features in differing images

Your aggressive assertions on this topic

What you claim is “ aggressiveness” is really exasperation , the “ secret” of fields should be obvious to anyone who is fit to be left unattended

It is not like the topic does not appear on ATS with such frequency that it really tales willful ignorance to be oblivious to it .

make me more inquisitive and desire to see the 'proof' or what you argue..

Inquisitiveness is good , but in the face of such comprehensive and compelling evidence , your contrarian attitude smacks of trollishness , so :

Ok , here is a suggestion , as you do not seem to believe the explaination given , and the evidence on multiple 3rd party websites that suggests that GDAD is infact correct .

So I humbly suggest that YOU deny ignorance and do the research to show what they are you your satisfaction , go ahead do some home work

If indeed you believe they are not fields then they must be “ something else “ , so why don`t you set out to discover what that “ something else “ is , call it an exercise in ignorance denial .

Then triumphantly present your findings on ATS .

We will wait .

The ball is in your court sir .

PS : you may wish to consider the “ absence of evidence “ argument , in short – of all the reams of books and magazines dedicated to the exposing of A51 secrets , and gigabytes of online information .

If indeed the “ weird green circles “ were infact something other than innocent crops , would not at least one of the thousands of A51 “ researchers “ have noticed something amiss and seen fit to comment on it ?

Just a thought – you do realise that hundreds of people a week travel to the area JUST to look at A51 , and none take undue interest in the fields

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Is it possible to get a closer zoom on google so that the facts you present can be seen by others? The link to a similar image in annother thread did not lead to resolution sufficient enough to remove the green dots not resolve the sprinkler arms as I had been able to see in other images linked to google.

Your aggressive assertions on this topic make me more inquisitive and desire to see the 'proof' or what you argue.

I have posted twice now a high resolution photo showing in detail the sprinkler. Please direct any further comments on this matter onto this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hahaha, the X-files: Fight the Future movie was correct! They are harvesting honey bees to transport to the black oil virus.

Run.

jk

new topics

top topics

join