It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pope right for speaking up about Islam as no one else has...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well they got their wish. The pope apologised pubicly himself. In front of pilgrims.

Pope Benedict XVI has apologised in person for causing offence to Muslims in a speech in Bavaria last week.

He said the medieval text which he quoted did not express in any way his personal opinion, adding the speech was an invitation to respectful dialogue.

The Pope has been under intense scrutiny amid angry reactions from throughout the Muslim world.

BBC News

Weither you agree or not I still do not think he should have apologised. But he has, He has the guts to stand up and apologise, unlike others from other religions, who do not stand up and condem innocent people being killed.

And this makes me angry. Lets see if there is any condemnation for This Nun being killed.

Gunmen have shot dead an Italian nun at a children's hospital in Somalia in an attack that appears to be linked to the Muslim backlash provoked by the Pope.

One suspect was quickly arrested by Islamist militiamen who control the capital, witnesses near the scene said.

Sky News Source

[edit on 17-9-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm with you, spencer. I don't think it was necessary either. But now all the whiney-butted angry people who were about to use this as a reason to raze buildings and call for Jihad will have to look for another excuse.
And don't worry, they'll find one.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I know, But now I am starting to get angry with this killing of this Italian NUN.

Read the link I posted. So much for the Islamic religion being peaceful. Eh.

"There is a very high possibility the people who killed her were angered by the Catholic Pope's recent comments against Islam."

They keep this going there is going to be bloodshed and it wont be Catholics who are the victims.[

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If nothing can be said about Islam in the legal right of free speach and maybe some truths then I don't see Islam as tollerant and in reality its not and that is the agenda to Islamise the world anyway.

Their cogs can turn the West but democracy can not turn theirs. We can be easily influenced by Islamic intollerance in the West but our System of providing fairness to people to help people be free of this religious control can not be moved in the same way. Hence the tention round every perimeter of islam meets the rest of the world causing terrorism on the boaders. The best way is Democracy where everyone can say what they want but not have control of anyone else unless its a majority decision.

www.middle-east-info.org...

The hidden agenda is this Islam has a goal world domination a NWO like the rest of the conspiracy minded say the West is also constructing.

If there are two NEW WORLD ORDERS happening in this world then one condems any conspiracies theories that is said about it including free speach of views.
Both are as bad as each other and are like two brothers waiting to unite.
But which new order world do you want to live in? ISLAMIC OR MASONIC both could be part of the SATANIC stragety? Either way the one's in between are at a loss.
www.middle-east-info.org...

You will never find peace where Islam and a neighbouring countries that are not Muslim live safely in harmoney. Look at the world map, where Islam meets the rest of the world its always violence. Some one did not teach them to love thy neighbour.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
switch5.castup.net...

I just found this clip on the website I found above my previous post. So if a few words can be said againsts jews should that person then apologise at some point too should they all be saying sorry? All this lacks double standards.

The problem is do we really care what they say against the rest of the World how ever small its publicised or against the West seriously?

I guess most democratic minds do not take it serioulsy but we should as they take them selves serioulsy.

memritv.org...#

Are we reaching boiling point is anyone else feeling a world tention at hand. Information is so fast that any comments against Islam could declair an act of war on us as there are enough people who would love to start another 9/11 over trivial matters.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bethshirazi
Why don't the Muslims concentrate on condemning the Islamic fundamentalists such as Abu Hamza and Bin Laden who have tarnished the name of this so-called peaceful religion in the first place instead of a man (the Pope) who has an opinion.

there is only so much energy that the mainstream muslim world has and most of it is spent doing what now?

thats right.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Am I the only one who is gettng p'd off with these Muslims ?

They cry foul about quotations and cartoons regarding their own religion yet think nothing of burning efigies of our pope and killing nuns and burning church's.

Who the hell do these people think they are ? they say respect us at all costs but we will decry your way of life and blow you up and burn your places of worship !

Because of human rights acts they can parade the streets of London saying they want to kill the rest of the people in the UK and nothing is done about. If a christian says anything about a muslim the human rights brigade take their side even though they come from the same background and enjoy the same freedoms that muslims want to destroy.

I feel that the extremists are going to get what they think they want eventually.There is only so long that the rest of the citizens of earth can tolerate this behaviour before something has to be done about them.

I have not heard any prominant muslim leaders condeming anything done against other religions by muslims.

I will maybe be derided for this but at this moment in time as a Catholic, with all the vile things the muslim extremists are doing, the burning of churchs, killing the nun etc I sadly feel that maybe we should just wipe them out before they can kill any more innocent people on our side in the name of their great peaceful religion.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, I've got to tell you I'm giving a
to the Pope-man. He did NOT apologize for what he said. He apologized for how it was taken. LOL

And you know what? That's all that needs to be apologized for.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i too am getting ticked off by these muslims.

i mean before... i was not this upset... im a pretty objective person and understand that not all muslims are bad (just like not all christians are bad)... but why dont the so called peaceful or good muslims rise up and denounce the bad muslims?????

where are they???? what are they doing?

im tired of this sh-it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As soon as I heard about this lecture by the Pope and how that quote had been taken completely out of context I knew what was going to happen. If even if he apologised (which is exactly what he did today), the fanatics were going to go ahead and use the situation as yet another excuse to say that Muslims are the victims etc. etc.

Obviously those people brought up with Islam in Islamic states are brainwashed from an early age to believe one view of the world. And when those people get out into the wide world they are confused about what they find.

They see things that they have been told, are not true, and they are confused. Moderate muslims, due to their confusion in reconciling their faith with the actions of there so called brothers leads them to into doing nothing. This is what the fantics are counting on - so that they will face no opposition and can go ahead and plunge the whole world into war.

As I predicated the Islamic fantics have used the Popes' lecture as an excuse for more bloodshed, churches bombed, bombings in Thailand and a nun being shot to death, and this is just the begining.

I have been doing some research on Islamic fanaticism and what I have unearthed is deeply troubling. Have a look at this documentry "Radical Islams' war with the West" - available on Google video:
video.google.com...

It's scary stuff. It explicitly states that it isn't about moderate Muslims, but about the Radicals who preach their hate and hijack the theology of a supposedly peaceful religion for their own purposes.

Some of the surah's used by the Radicals to get their ideas across and are used to brainwash people are:

"Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends" (Surah 5:51)

"fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness" (Surah 9:123)

"fight those who do not believe in Allah" (Surah 9:29)

"and fight them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah" (Surah 8:39)

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" (Surah 8:12)

Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 9:57)

I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them. (Koran 8:12)

And this old favorite that has been recited at beheadings
They (the unbelievers) should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides. (Koran 5:33)

How about the hatred for the Jews? Remember this was in the 6th century

And abasement and humiliation were brought down upon them [The Jews], and they became deserving of Allah's wrath; this was so because they disbelieved in the communications of Allah and killed the prophets unjustly; this was so because they disobeyed and exceeded the limits (Sura 2:61)

Ignominy shall be their portion [the Jews] wheresoever they are found... They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them... because they disbelieve the revelations of Allah and slew the Prophets wrongfully... because they were rebellious and used to transgress. [Surah 111, v. 112]

Allah hath cursed them [the Jews] for their disbelief. [Surah 4, v. 46]

[The Jews] knowingly perverted [the word of Allah], know of nothing except lies ... commit evil and become engrossed in sin. [Surah 2, v. 71-85]

And the Quran is confusing as well..it cant make up its own rules. for instance:

Heavens/Earth came together at creation. (Surah 41:11)
Heavens/ Earth were ripped apart at creation. (Surah 21:30)
Creation took six days, (Surah 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59)
Creation took eight days (Surah 41:9-12)
Earth created first. (Surah 2:29)
Heavens created first (Surah 70:27-30)
etc. etc.

No wonder they are confused.

Saar

[edit on 17-9-2006 by saarlonga]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter[...]but why dont the so called peaceful or good muslims rise up and denounce the bad muslims?????

im tired of this sh-it.

They're everywhere. The problem is that we either don't have any media coverage or outlet, or we're being ignored. Read the recent transcript of the former Iranian President, when he came to the US. Even he condems the attacks made terrorists who call themselves "Muslim."

Here are some links to what you are looking for:

Hamas PM condems the attacks

Various Muslim officials telling Muslims not to incite violence

Britain's Muslim leaders condemn the trainsit attacks

More leaders condem the attacksEven more

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by saarlonga
And the Quran is confusing as well..it cant make up its own rules. for instance:

No wonder they are confused.

Saar

Saar, I would suggest you read the Quran for yourself rather than find quotes off a website that takes the Surrahs out of context. I had already replied to the Surrahs that people like to misquote to use as "proof" that Islam advocates violence. I suggest looking at these topics:

here and here

[edit on 17-9-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Im not a regular church goer however i attended church today due to a family memorial. The priest went on with quite a long lecture so much so that everyone was feeling a little sleepy. I was suddenly suprised when he started to mention the pope and his words were exactly this:

"Let us now pray for the pope for he has spoken about the evil in this world and for speaking this the evil is now out to seek retibrution against him". " He is visiting Turkey soon you know! and WE think a attempt may be made on his life whilst he is in Turkey, Please lets have a moments thought for the pope and his well being"

Does this priest know something we dont ??????

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Its about islamic violence repeating it self.
Remember who shot the last Pope?
He was also Turkish and maybe visiting that place and the current situation is tempting history to repeat it self.

In a way I hope if some bad happens then its for the greater good then people can wake up again as people forget too quickly in the West and the East never forgets anything when we make mistakes or something they don't like.

We are too complacent and disorganised and un-united in the West when the East can react all at once. But this is due to their BORG mentality (STNG) in their societies. If the war of Armageddon which will take place at Iraq mentioned to have 200,000,000 million people army or just volentary armies then who would likey fit that discription? You know the locations you know they type of mentality their now and their solidarity to stand together. This predicted in the book of Revelations and to me looks spot on before Islam was even invented in those regions.

Who here has the guts to speak to up against Islam? Would you do it on TV?

Who would have the guts to speak up against Christianity do you have the guts now? Would you do it on TV?

If one hated both religions which one would you least like to speak about then and be known?

Well either they are both peaceful or they are really the opposites. If it's not the religion is it something else that could be playing into the behaviour of over reacting?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

"Let us now pray for the pope for he has spoken about the evil in this world and for speaking this the evil is now out to seek retibrution against him". " He is visiting Turkey soon you know! and WE think a attempt may be made on his life whilst he is in Turkey, Please lets have a moments thought for the pope and his well being"

This is not good news that he is about to travel to Turkey. I am sure he will do it anyway, as he will not let anger and hatred stop him from what he feels is his duty, but this is just a very scary turn of events.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Im not a regular church goer however i attended church today due to a family memorial. The priest went on with quite a long lecture so much so that everyone was feeling a little sleepy. I was suddenly suprised when he started to mention the pope and his words were exactly this:

Does this priest know something we dont ??????

It's quite obvious they will try to do something (they also raised threath level in Italy today) when he is in Turkey, although I don't know if he goes because the Turkish government is thinking about canceling his visit. I hope he goes and not to be killed ofcourse.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah NO-ONE else has spoken out about the whole "ISLAMIC THREAT", good for the pope.

I say we Admin edit: to remove racial slur.

[edit on 9-17-2006 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here is my take on it.

The Pope's speech was taken out of context and now some radicals are buring crap in the street, actually proving the point of what those in the street "think" the Pope said, but HE DIDN'T.

There is an old saying, "What would Jesus do?" Ask now the same of Muhammad. What would Muhammad,do?" I hope not burn crap in the street.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by krossfyter[...]but why dont the so called peaceful or good muslims rise up and denounce the bad muslims?????

im tired of this sh-it.

They're everywhere. The problem is that we either don't have any media coverage or outlet, or we're being ignored. Read the recent transcript of the former Iranian President, when he came to the US. Even he condems the attacks made terrorists who call themselves "Muslim."

Here are some links to what you are looking for:

Hamas PM condems the attacks

Various Muslim officials telling Muslims not to incite violence

Britain's Muslim leaders condemn the trainsit attacks

More leaders condem the attacksEven more

i hope you are correct. thnx for providing those links.

could the media or some shadow govt. be mediated what they only want us to hear to ushur in a national hatred against islam?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
Pay no attention to the other 99% of Islam who only want to live a peaceful life...yet blanket all of Islam because of what you see on CNN.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, however, it would be nice to see those 99% of peaceful Islam people speaking out against the violent 1%.

I am not saying they aren't speaking out against them... it would just be nice to see it on the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join