posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:07 PM
Originally posted by firebat
The Crusaders... Christians.
Most of the southern slave-owners in colonial America through the 1800's.
Most proponents of slavery in America were Christians.
The IRA bombers... Christians.
Timothy McVeigh... Christian.
Abortion-Clinic bombers... Christian.
Most members of the Ku Klux Klan... Christian.
Countless other examples.
And you think Muslims are the only violent ones? Please... that's a laughable argument that no serious scholar of religion would even consider.
1.The Crusaders..The crusades were a response to years of Islamic agression, occupation (of christian lands) and conquest from the years...613-1091.
Although yes, the Crusaders did much the same in response. Why do people constantly make out the 'Crusades' to be a one-way street?
2. Most people in America at the time were Christians, even the people who OPPOSED slavery. Just as people that have be brought up in a Christian
family and yet don't practice religon, are called Christians or even call themselves Christians. Traditional Sharia law allows Muslims to enslave
kids as young as 10, even to THIS VERY DAY.
3. IRA was an armed resistance struggle to unify Ireland, Most of the Irish were Catholic, most of the English and Northern Irelanders were
Protestant. It wasn't religiously motivated per see. Nationalism was the route cause. Yes they have commited terrorist attrocities, granted.
4. It is still deabated to day whether Timothy Mcveigh was a Christian, and you will find that his motivation for the bombing was his anti-government
stance and also his anger over the Waco incident (which many of out conspiracy theorists on this board are angry about to, it doesn't have to be a
religious matter) Why would an alledged Roman Catholic care so much about a wild offshoot of protestant chrisitianity? Ooh and I forgot the alleged
co-operation with Islamist groups in Indonesia
5. Abortion Clinic Bombings. Although there is no justification in this, its hardly racially motivated, in contrast to much of the Islamofacist
6. Bush. Well he's a liar, he lies everyday in his job, he goes to a Grove and partakes in mock sacrifices. Not a Christian.
7. Again most people in America, Christians, but yes they were vile and violent. Some believe they were actually Occultists (not christian) or even
Masons (believe in a higher being)
[edit on 24-10-2006 by Peyres]