It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Project: Paint Your Fighter/Attacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have came up with an idea for all of us to design a paint sceme for a fighter plane.

It has to be an existing fighter/attack plane design from 2nd Generation- Present Day

It can use an existing paint scheme (EG Hill 2/Desert Camo)but with our own markings etc

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Can we use software to paint it onto an aircraft of our choice? or do you want line drawings??

If its digital compositions im in...... Viggen in RAF colours....... Yeah baby yeah!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is going to result in some pain, I know it. But it's my favorite plane, and my favorite paint job. I know it's not very good, but I was using Paint to do it all pixel by grueling pixel... Photoshop no longer works on my computer for some reason.

img125.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
so the berkut is your favorite plane as well.mine too.by the way the plane does look pretty good.im making one too.but since that i am a maldivian.guess what i got the colour of my nation with the symbol but still it needs a few changes.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
IMO, there is no better proof that the USAF is bleeped in the head than the TBirds scheme.

First of all, the topside colors looks like they were designed by an accountant with a pinstripe fetish.

Second, NOBODY can read even 2ft tall 'U.S. Air Force' letters at realistic crowd:aircraft distances so you might as well not ruin the flowing lines of a stylized symbol which follows the complex curves of the airframe by superimposing all those straight lines on it.

Third, whether against an intense blue, a white skyline or an overcast grey, white is not the best color to try and spot ANY aircraft. Human distance vision tending to shift to a grey scale of bright vs. dark at any distance beyond about 200ft. As such, magnifying the 'airplane shaped hole in the sky' effect is best done with dark grey or black if you can keep it clean but any RICH color which has less specular reflectance than the saturated background is going to stand out better.

Fourth, all that pretty TBird motif is /wasted/ when you consider that, on the ground, the only folks seeing it are crew chiefs behind the ropes and in the air, the fact that anything manned is essentially a single axis rated airframe means everytime the solos or diamond rolls in will be TOWARDS showcenter again, flashing nothing but blah-white.

Fifth, none of the colors used are particularly appropriate to the native american themes which employ yellows and pale azure or even turquoise blues instead of the guards red, royal blue or certainly the white which is shown.

The Soviets, who have to sell themselves at every airshow they go to just to keep eating, know better-

www.gidroaviasalon.com...
www.flanker.free.fr...
www.phys.uu.nl...
www.xplanefreeware.net...

As do the Japanese who actually have quite a bit of talent-
www.chiefwiggles.com...
www.twobobs.net...
aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

So do yourself a favor. Since it's 'all hypothetical' anyway and particularly given the Thunderbird can be shown with wings either up (like a phoenix) or down, reverse the scheme orientation and put it on the dorsal side so that you can give everyone the bird.

KPl.

top topics

join