It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky in BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Lights in the sky in British Columbia

About 2 or 3 hours ago, I saw a large set of lights appear to be rising up behind the top of a mountain. The lights quickly vanished, and seemed to be just an airplane disappearing behind a cloud.

Now it is still there. So this "plane" has not moved for hours. It appears to be stationary, it doesn't sway from side to side. The lights come on for a few seconds then go off for a second or two. or as much as a minute. No particular pattern. Every now and then there are tiny red lights that flash. Sometimes it looks like one huge yellowish-white light, then it looks like 3 big lights stacked vertically. It is definitely in the sky, not right on the mountain itself, but very close to it.

I don't know if I'd classify it as a UFO, but definitely not anything I have ever seen, and there are many planes that fly around here.

Ok now there are two !

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Is there any way you could get some footage or pictures so we could help you and see if there are similarities to ther sightings?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
On a night in late August I saw what I thought was a cougar in my backyard and, living on the border of Michigan and Ohio, I did a search to see if the animals are supposed to be in this part of the country. As searchs often do with me, this segwayed off onto another topic and then into cryptozoology, then onto Bigfoot, and eventually Aliens. After the cougar was long forgotten I found an ATS thread regarding the use of mental telepathy to call down aliens and Prophet Yaweh.

At this point I was thinking to myself how far-fetched it is to think that one man's mind could reach out to aliens and get them to come to Earth at his call. Then it occured to me that if there is only a handfull of people actually calling to them, then maybe (if this is even possible) they would be more likely to respond.

So I set out on September 1st to begin a nightly regiment of prayer-like meditations before I went to bed, and set out to continue it for 2 weeks. Now, seeing as I am not actually wanting these aliens to visit ME as I am horribly cowardly about that sort of thing, I decided that a good target area would be Seattle, Washington based on the fact that the area was the romantic birthplace of the notion of 'flying saucers'. Although, in my meditations, other spots and locations would also creep into my mind, one of them being Vancouver, B.C. so on the 3rd I just began to encourage Vancouver's presence in the experiement.

Last night, the night of the 14th, was the last night of my little personal experiment. Now I am not saying I can call down aliens. I am not even saying this has anything to do with my experiement, as I have no idea where violet is, other than somewhere in B.C.

This is just interesting that the night my meditations were to end was the time that someone possibly around the vacinity of the area that I was targeting says that they saw something. Perhaps later I will try to do something a little more community involving if there is an interest in a group mediation fixed on a specific area.

Hank

(I do not claim to be an expert in -anything- I have discussed above. I'm just someone trying to chart thier own course through the cosmos like everyone else. Thanks for reading.)

[edit on 15-9-2006 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I live east of Vancouver, in the Fraser Valley area, alongside the Fraser River, close to the US border. The mountain base is at the river's edge. it was in the eastern sky.

As I said I am not ready to call this sighting a UFO, but I do want to figure out what it is. The only thing I could think it may be, is some transmission tower is up there, behind the mountain slope, that is now lighting up for whatever reason. But do things like that light up, on and off? Maybe something is being built up there, and they work at night. I tried viewing it today in daylight, and saw a glimmering object on another mountain peak close by, but it may be a satelite dish reflecting off the Sun.

It is there again tonight, same spot, but this time the light vanishes for about 5 - 10 mins, then only comes back for a second or 2. And this time the light, although still too big and bright to be a conventional aircraft, is smaller than last night.

When the 2nd light appeared beside it last night, it was further up in the sky, but was a greenish white glow.

I don't have a camera ! Mine broke, and I haven't got around to getting a new one that zooms.

jra

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I too live east of Vancouver (in Abbotsford), although i'm currently in Sao Paulo, but i'm trying to think of things around that area that could be in the hills and mountains. Now I don't know what mountain you may be talking about, but I think Sumas mountain has some sort of weather station or some sort of thing at the top of it. There is also some sort of Naval radar station in the lower mainland, although not up on a mountain, it does have three tall metal towers, that from the right angle at night could make the lights at the top of the towers appear on the top of a mountain in the background. That's all I can think of at the moment.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by jra]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I too live east of Vancouver (in Abbotsford), although i'm currently in Sao Paulo, but i'm trying to think of things around that area that could be in the hills and mountains. Now I don't know what mountain you may be talking about, but I think Sumas mountain has some sort of weather station or some sort of thing at the top of it. There is also some sort of Naval radar station in the lower mainland, although not up on a mountain, it does have three tall metal towers, that from the right angle at night could make the lights at the top of the towers appear on the top of a mountain in the background. That's all I can think of at the moment.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by jra]

Thanks

I have seen towers like what you mention, but these lights are much brighter and bigger, and just appeared after living here for 11 years. But it could very well be smthg like that.

This is East, down the Lougheed HWY, or HWy 7. past Mission Bridge. Is Sumas Mtn near the Costco Store border crossing area? I can see Matsqui farmland to the south from my location, on the other side of the river. I don't think this mountain is Sumas, I'll have to ask someone who knows ! But I think it is more south to me.

new topics

top topics

join