It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Save us from Religion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Chissler,
Agreed, check mate !!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Bickering gets us nowhere.

Not agreeing with another members belief is no reason to disrespect them. Support your own belief without spreading dirt on the others, if you do speak ill of the other belief then do it with respect.

Otherwise this thread wouldn't be buried deep enough in the trash.

Chissler im sorry, my brain doesnt compute well when dealing with people so slanted by belief that they forget reality in the process. You are atheist. Its true that for every argument that Religion gives, Non believers can give one back.

Knowing this, It seems that the real stalemate is between you and dominicus because your belief's are counter one another. This makes both of your beliefs null and void because there is no constant or solid basis to support either side.

The only truth is that of UNCERTAINTY. Rational and deductive thought will lead to an AGNOSTIC standpoint. If anyone preaches counter agnosticism they will be shot down and dealt with through deductive reasoning.

Everything dominicus says seems so ludicrous and delusional. Not only is he sharing his thoughts but his original attempt was to tell atheists how and what they should believe. Little did he know that the only thing worse than an atheist is an agnostic. Religious zealots have the complications of debating with agnostics because they cant use the argument 'Well how can you prove god isnt real'?`

For all the believers who say god is real, they claim to have proof (subjective proof LOL) and for all non believers they say the same. Agnostics believe there is no way in truly knowing the facts surrounding GOD because these thoughts are ABOVE us. If you think these thoughts are below you, then you my friend have an ego problem.'

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nephyx,
While you continue in your philosophies, I continue to live in a paradise state of Enlightenment, given to me as a gift from submitting myself to God and the destruction of my ego. I wish I had an enlightenment gun, cause it sure looks like your sticking with your current state.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You are missing the point. Enlightenment is found within, not through any external source (bible). What you say is that you found enlightenment through the bible therefore anyone who doesnt acknowlege it is missing out on something..

I say that enlightenment has nothing to do with the bible, but the willingness to accept the unknown. Your form of enlightenment is purely derived from your experience with the that book, the words of other men, facts that can be easily debated either for, or against.

Your purpose of writing here are egotistical and counter evolutionary towards the goal of a unified humanity. Since you offer no alternatives to enlightenment other than studying the bible I cannot help but hold contempt for your conversion tactics. Even if you have achieved enlightenment are you saying that the only reason to do so is through bible study?

Do you think you are on a higher level of existance than people who read the Koran? Dont you realize that the second you invoke the name of jesus or the bible you create cultural divisions? Do you not realize that religion has kept humanity seperated for thousands of years??

You support the fundamental reasoning that holy wars have been fought over. Death and division all in the name of different gods. And for what? Has anyone ever proved one side greater than the other? Dont you see its just one big game?

Put down the bible and find faith from within like a real man. Oh by the way, since you know god on a personal level, what does he say about me? Let me guess, Im going to hell? or Im not really enlightened? Maybe if i had voices in my head I would think I was talking to god too.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by nephyx]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join