It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Save us from Religion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I am prejuidice of world religions because as far as I am concerned the world would be better off without it. I have faith in the unknown, faith in possibility that falls on either side of the spectrum. I AM OPEN MINDED TO EVERYTHING BUT WILL NOT TOLERATE PEOPLE AFFILITIONS TO VARIOUS GOD TEAMS. This is the basis of worldwide utopian society that doesnt rely on lies but on truth and knowlege for survival.

People could sit back and tell me all day 'people have religion because it makes them happy and gives them a purpose bla bla bla'. When are people going to grow up and realize that you dont need to rely on archaic beliefs that cannot be proven just to provide yourselves with the power for living. How cowardly. The origins of religion are frightening. It was born out of a slave mentality to give meaning to their impotent lives and provide punishment for their masters. Religion is a practice vengeance and ignorance. We are all victims of this slave mentality and no responsible human being should tolerate it.

Religion is a plague to society, the opiate of the people, the pride of the ignorant.

This argument has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with the seperation of religion from public places. Certain things should be left at home, like religious practice.

Seeing someone pray to false dieties for comfort is a sad sight. If religion didnt exist we could actually work together as a collective humanity instead of seperating ourselves in the way that the illuminati wants us to.. I Cant wait until people realize how detrimental religion is towards the future outcome of mankind. If its true that you cant argue faith against logic then you sheeple are truly the ones who are close minded. God save us from Religion

If someone is going to live a lie, do it in the privacy of your own home. I dont care if you are christian jewish muslim or any other lie, there should be no tolerance for 'Well my parents are christian so thats what i am' mentality. How rediculous. If you would like to argue against logic with faith, feel free to make yourself look stupid.

Having faith in a higher power versus having faith in your religion makes all the difference in the world. Its having the open mindedness to accept all human beings instead of the ones that are affiliated with you. People will say 'But we do accept everyone, despite our faith' but unfortunately your holy books say differently. I love human beings and I do have faith that one day we can change. In the meantime, the only responsibility I have is to show you why religion is the problem, not the solution.

Translating books like the Koran and the Bible to suit your own progressive need is even worse. i.e Christians who say, 'Even though the bible says being gay is wrong, They still say love thy neighbor' give me a break.. will people do everything possible to not admit that its wrong and anti progressive to practice religion?

Its irresponsible to spread ignorance to your children and those in need as a means of salvation. How dare you infect the planets children with your lies just so you can appease the traditions of your family and culture. I was a raised catholic who went against the grain of my tradition in order to persue a REAL life based on the fear of unknown. Anyone who preaches to know the truth of god is a baboon.

Any person with a brain can see how religion is used by the government to govern slave nations and keep people docile. Maybe if people got their head out of the dirt we could start to chip away at the NWO and create a utopian society that prides itself on itelligence.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by nephyx]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I completely agree with you Nephyx and in my oponion most of the Religions that have been set up are purely to benifit the person who has set them up. If religion was true then there should only be one religion and everyone would worship the same god and believe in the same thing. But because god can not be proved I think that this is played on and is why other religions are formed. It's a great way to control people and also make money at the same time.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Isnt it sad that we live in a world where people are too scared to control their own instincts therefore they rely on the teachings of false prophets and scam artists?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What if everything you just said is wrong? What if some-body actually reached enlightenment through any of the various religious paths? If only 1 person reached this state, wouldn't that make your statement false?

What about the archaeological proof of events that have happened in any of the "esoteric religious books?" What if there is even an ounce of truth in any of the worlds religious teachings? Wouldn't that make your statement false?

What if nobody in the scientific community belieived something was possible, and then one scientist proved otherwise? Wouldn't that make all the skeptics wrong?

What if it's a true statement, that the most deaths in current era history occured under the rule of athiests or occultists, hitler, stalin, etc?

What if you relaized that organized religion, both corrupt and non-corrupt is here to stay til the end of time and there's nothing anyone can do about it? Bleak future huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
What if everything you just said is wrong? What if some-body actually reached enlightenment through any of the various religious paths? If only 1 person reached this state, wouldn't that make your statement false?

Yep, but people say alot of things and never have anything to show for it. If I said that I contacted god and had no religious affiliation would that mean im automatically lying? Of course not. Its not about who is right or wrong. The only truth is that you cant be sure so why bother trying.

If god exists it is beyond our comprehension. Anyone who tries to prove surreal thought through their own ego and twisted logic is just part of the problem. The origins of religion are based on slave vs master relations. They were created out of hope, not truth. I have hope without religion, I dont need these idealistic subjective crutches of yours. I dont need someone to tell me who or what god is to feel safe with the life I have been given. You are nothing more than a delusional coward who feels innadequate without the answers of some external force such as a bible writen by mere mortals.

What about the archaeological proof of events that have happened in any of the "esoteric religious books?" What if there is even an ounce of truth in any of the worlds religious teachings? Wouldn't that make your statement false?

What if what if what if... You are trying to back up your position by asking questions? Wow what a great debator. I dont claim to have any direct knowlege of god or whether or not he exists, yet you do. I dont know who wrote the bible or their motivations, yet you do. The bible was created by men who created religion as a pretense for control and/or vengeance towards their opressors. Living in the mystery is the only way to live in reality. If you want to have faith you must accept faith in what you cannot see or prove (This automatically makes the preachings of religion NULL and VOID What if you stopped asking what if and proved to people that you are more spiritually aware than the rest of us. From your feeble attempts you havent convinced anyone, I can assure you of this.

What if nobody in the scientific community belieived something was possible, and then one scientist proved otherwise? Wouldn't that make all the skeptics wrong?

Its taking quite a while. So Im just supposed to blindly believe in something because a scientist might one day prove it true? In that case i believe that david hasslehoff is god because one day a scientist might prove it. Good point genious.

What if it's a true statement, that the most deaths in current era history occured under the rule of athiests or occultists, hitler, stalin, etc?

Hitler was a Roman Catholic apostate (get your facts straight braniac), Stalin was an atheist (im not arguing on behalf of atheists you dolt).

Religion is the age-old justification for wars of all types. Millions have died in wars fighting for their "sacred beliefs" or "sacred ground". Far more have died than if religion did not exist and people 'ran amok'. What actually deters people from stealing, raping and killing? It is ethical behavior that is derived by years of EDUCATION It is also the laws of the country. And, it is people's general aversion to doing bad things to other people. Once again your point has been muted since you forgot that Im agnostic and noone dies over agnostic beliefs.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT LEMMING.

What if you relaized that organized religion, both corrupt and non-corrupt is here to stay til the end of time and there's nothing anyone can do about it? Bleak future huh?

What if you 'realized' (learn to spell) that you arguments lack any solid evidence or conclusions you finally and stopped talking? Your logic is diluted and nonsensical. Sorry buddy, go back to school. Maybe you can find some enlightenment in basic knowlege before you claim to know the answers of god.

By the way, the more you talk the more you prove all of my points. Thanks!

[edit on 15-9-2006 by nephyx]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i agree with nephyx 100%. im only 18 but from the age of about 9 i thought that only fools could believe in religion. the storys of how religions came around just seem so far fetched to me and from a young age ive never been able to understand how so many people could believe in these storys. know one in this world needs religion and the longer it sticks around the more worse off the world will get.

For one i cant understand how people can still believe in god when there is more than 1 religion. if god made every person on earth then why are there no christians in the middle east? unless someone wants to suggest that the god or gods of different religions rule different places on earth then i dont see how people can still believe.

im sure if i started my own cult and got plenty of followers that in thousands of years my exploits would have been passed down through generations and i would probably seem much more heroic. the truth gets bent over time and the truth about religion is fading away. christians believe in the 1 god but then what do all you christians think about other religions? are they fake? please give me your views

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I must agree with you on one thing "god save us from religion"
But as long as there people beliving in a religion and manifest peaceful I dont belive there should be a problem.
religions often cause wars, like the crusades, like the jihad, but remember that those who chose to manifest those actions are not the whole pot.
As long as people are beliving that is some how like they think with out expresing violence and hate I dont see what the problem is, and those who do expres their feelings in a peaceful way are many.
You tring to bring to life the thought police, rememer, only comunist and the natzi did that, and we ended up with mass murderer, non religios fanatics like stalin killed and out rules hittler in our present day by procentage, he simply hated the curch, he is the equivalent of a religios fanatic by not being religios.
So we can see in the 2 cases it leads to the same thing, the only way is to be balanced, equilibrium is important for the sakes of sanity, and those who take religion to the extreme to punish those who just chose not to belive, and those who are not religios and chose to take things to the extreme by punishing those who belive is the same thing, If god wante it one way he would of created little robots, god want people to chose and to be free, what each choses is his busines, if some one belives in a religion or does not is also his busines and should not bother others.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just want to say one thing.
I don't think that religion in itself causes war. Greedy and corrupt people USE religion as a base excuse to start war.

In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My all time favorite bumper sticker said "God, save me from your followers." I agree 100% with it too.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nephyx,
Of course you never stopped to think that with subjective proof, the doubter would also have to "subject" him/herself to the same conditions/standards to see whether or not it is possible, hence subjective proof can be admitted, albeit on a very small scale.

Why does the Bible hold so much weight and is able to get some-one to enlightenment? Because it was written by others who were enlightened and know how to get you "there". Your whole "slaves & masters" concept is delusional, since you youself are a slave to your corporate job, a slave to your own fate, a slave to the limitations and boxes you have around yourself knowing as much or little as you know, a slave to the Government with taxes and social security, a slave to nature and weather, etc. But, when you become one with God and enlightened, you learn how to master these things, so in reality your "slaves & masters" argument was slightly twisted.

I claim to know God and have a personal enlightening relationship with him, and since God and the state I'm in are both beyond words, which have inumerable limitations based on the perspective of the one who is hearing them, how in the world could I possibly describe to you or to anyone, any of this. Imagine the things I must be going through and the looks on peoples faces that I've seen when stating what I claim. But regardless of what you ar anyone think, it is all real and did happen to me and many others that live in this state.

Yeah, o.k. in the beginning you have to relie on Faith because you can't see, but then when you reach this"state" it is no longer Faith because you can see. You see? I posed all those questions to show you that you cannot back up the claims of what you believe in just as much as it may seem to you that I cannot back mine up, though if we start using the Socratic method and dedactics over who makes more logical and resonable sense, I would, and do have, a larger number of people in this world on my side.

you said;
"Its taking quite a while. So Im just supposed to blindly believe in something because a scientist might one day prove it true? In that case i believe that david hasslehoff is god because one day a scientist might prove it. Good point genious."

Come on now, look at your reasoning...... We are talking abouyt a transcendent, omni-everything God. Where did Hasselhoff come from besides the fact that he is a superstar in Germany, which is a joke anyway. LOL, you are funny I must say.

Yeah, yeah, yeah religion and wars. The age old justification technique against organized religion. Again use the gun metaphor. A gun is inherently indifferent, and can be used for good or bad either way.

All my arguments have conclusions. As far as evidence, it can only be found if you were to trully reach spiritual enlightenment and an indwelling of God, which is completely realistic and achievable.
...................................................................................................................
JBourne

Just because there is more then 1 religion doesn't mean that God doesn't exist, which is an Illogical statement.

You could start a religion or cult, but you'd have to at least be able to provide some miracles and/or death defying feats to be able to prove your authority.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
I am prejuidice of world religions because as far as I am concerned the world would be better off without it.

It is right here I have to stop and express my opinion.

Allow me to begin my expressing my beliefs. Religion in my opinion was introduced as a social control to prevent utter chaos. Do I believe in Jesus Christ? Yes, I believe Jesus existed and was the greatest man to ever walk this earth. However, I do believe he was man.

Even though I do not believe in religions, I believe they are essential to our existence. Lets face it, for most of our population our Judicial system is not much of a deterrent to prevent crime. This is why religion is so important, it installs a sence to abide by the rules and live a prosperous life.

Aside from the crime aspect, what about the comfort level it produces?

When people believe that death is only opening another door for them, it permits them to exit this life in peace. If it was indicated that there was no afterlife and this is it, what would happen when a person was diagnosed with a fatal disease? They would have no reason to abide by our laws. Why bother?

Sometimes people who do not believe in religion, will absorb it in times of need. This allows them to accept there reality with ease, and go peacefully.

So now I ask you, where would we be without religion in these aspects? Why would people abide by the law or what would happen when a person was aware that about to die. What would keep them from harming everyone who had crossed them in the past.

Hence, Religion equals Social Control.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Religion used as a social control tool may be true to an extent, however, practicing the Biblical laws, training yourself to be able to abide by all the commandments, Biblical teachings, and righteousness allows you to slowly start shifting into Enlightenment in a future point in your life. he majority of religious people never get to this place and spiritually remain in a a plateau. But yes, you have some good points, and it's the reason the real Enlightened ones see past all the surface stuff and into the deeper philosophies of God.

It's funny because athiests/agnostics alike believe that people who follow any religion or God, are for the most part followers after being brain-washed, and to an extent it is true because there are thousands of false ways that seem like a joke when using logic/reason/socratic method/dedactics to break down the principals.

And yet for many like myself, who claim what I claim, it's the other way around, where athiests/agnostics are the ones who have been brainwashed into believing that there is no path to God or such a thing as a higher level of enlightened spiritual understanding that completely transcends logic and reason. In our eyes, they have been successfully blinded to recieiving the truth and reaching this blissful state.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You have voted nephyx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You have voted nephyx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I could not agree with you more.

If there is a god why does he not just come down and say,

Oks enough is enough I am here now stop all the b/c. And end all the religions now.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If God came down right now and showed himself, most people who aer/were skeptics would say its a David Blaine trick. Second of all, since God is omni-present, who's to say he's not in fornt of you and in your face right now? Perhaps anyone can see him if they wanted to, the majorit are blind however.

Since in your perspective you can't see God, let me ask this then. Don't you think that comming down and revealing himself has crossed God's mind? Since God also knows the future, he's played out this scenario and knows what the consequence would be in what we call these modern times.

Perhaps only a select few that work at it finally take the blind folds off to see that he's all around us, there is nothing you can do that is outside of God.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Dominicus your explanations are offensive. Please stop dictating who or what or how we are to pray to god. We are in two different fogs, Mine is a fog of unknowing, yours is that of delusions.

Please save your rhetoric for the feebleminded.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
Mine is a fog of unknowing, yours is that of delusions.

Now now, if your going to ask him not to be offensive it would be a good idea to do the same.

I've already stated I am not a believer in religion but I understand the importance.

Could I have your opinions on that?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"You have voted nephyx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Good work mate, keep it up.

We need more people like you who arent afraid to call it like they see it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nephyx,
You may be the only one offended by my explanations, which all have an overtone of peace and dedactive rationalism. I'm sorry you feel that way, and I apologize if in anyway if I did affend you with truth. I am in no way a dictator, but merely a spectator of the truth. My points were the existence of God, manipulation of Chrisianity, personal enlightenment, and divinity of Christ. I don't see how I am delusional when I am in a state that occurs from doing realisitic spiritual excercise, whereas there are many places where the fog on unkowing never lifts!!!!

[edit on 17-9-2006 by dominicus]

[edit on 17-9-2006 by dominicus]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Bickering gets us nowhere.

Not agreeing with another members belief is no reason to disrespect them. Support your own belief without spreading dirt on the others, if you do speak ill of the other belief then do it with respect.

Otherwise this thread wouldn't be buried deep enough in the trash.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join