It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sounds from computer speakers while on internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok this has only happend a few times but while on the internet i heard a sound like some one putting a solid object onto a table coming through my speakers.
Also a few years back while on the internet i heard a voice say, this is the police im fairly certain it came from the speakers though the volume was turned down fairly low. Has any one had similar experiences or am i just crazy.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Probably the websites you were visiting. Anyone can put such audio files on their homepages...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In the old ATS Chat Room I used to get odd noises through the Speakers.

When I told them people reacted in a range from incredulity to technical suggestions. I never got a full explanation.

One member whose sanity I cannot confirm said they heard a distinct "Hello" in a male voice while in the Chat room.

All these things have plausible explanations, but most people wouldn't like the answers, because they involve getting through your firewall, and violating what's on your CPU...

This seems an interesting line of inquisition and self-analysis.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe your speakers are picking up secret communications.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe you just need new speakers

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Probably the websites you were visiting. Anyone can put such audio files on their homepages...

no as i was from pages i frequently visit.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's them aliens I tell you. They just love screwing with your sounds.

Actually one time I did here something say "Welcome" while I was on the internet, it was just after I logged on, then in a male voice it told me I had mail. How did it know?!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Probably bleedover from a two way radio.Sometimes the local police come through on my television at night.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Out there amongst the incredulous there will also be some who don't answer, who know how to perform hacks that cause noise and silly tricks with sound files.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
two thoughts -

1) How powerful are the speakers - with unshielded cable they will pick up radio transmission

2) How close do you put your cellphone to the computer - the pick up signal on mine - though we are on a different digital standard here - "pings" my monitor and my speakers a lot.

On a different slant - I play guitar and have some big amplification for it - and used to regularily get "buzz" from Taxis and Cops in the local till i invested in some new cables (shielded)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
two thoughts -

1) How powerful are the speakers - with unshielded cable they will pick up radio transmission

More then likely, that's it.

I remember times when I would come home from work, and sit by the couch and watch TV...and every once in awhile, I'd "hear" voices coming from somewhere behind me. I truthfully thought I was going nuts. It happened once or twice a week and I could never figure out why it only happened downstairs on my couch and nowhere else.

Finally, I sat down there for three hours straight, with everything else in the house off so I could "Track" where the voices were coming from.

They were coming from the answering machine.

The machine was off, but the speaker attached to it seemed to be picking up someone's HAM radio transmissions. I could even hear the two men talking to each other and giving each other dating advice, if you can believe it.

My Father used to be into that sort of thing and told me that the answering machine is just picking up someone's radio. Nothing big.

I did buy a new answering machine though. No problems since then. (This was about 8 years ago)

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I remember once, while on dialup, I was browsing and reading a large page. While I was reading I started hearing ...hello?...hello?..

Turns out someone I know spoofed the operator to 'break in' the line for an emergency, and while I was reading, my modem never hung up, and the voice came thru the laptop speakers.

It was wierd, and I didnt figure out what happenned for a couple of days.

But this leads me to wonder, do you have broadband or cable modem, yet still have the phone line connected to your pc? Could this do it, if lets say your phone was unplugged or the batteries went dead, and the modem answered for some reason?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Most likley was some interference though there was another thing i was curious about. For a few months every time i dialled up to log on to the net first time in the day it would diall then hear a click and disconect. proberbly just paranoid but i hear clicks on the line can indicate a tapped phone.

new topics

top topics

join