It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is responsible for our national debt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Did you know that the biggest job of the President of the U.S. is to create the annual budget for the country? How is he doing?

It's the job of the Congress to approve or disapprove it. They can trim the budget and send it back to the President to be re written and resubmitted. How are they doing?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve is responcible for the debt, and because it was created by traitors in our government, the government is ultimately responcible for the debt.

It has nothing to do with spending, but more to do with the money supply that is LOANED to us at interest.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes, but they tried to improve it. The problem is that they depend too much on the middle class- minimum wage workers of the world to pay it. They give tax-breaks to families already well off, and to big businesses. This can affect education and incomes of many families, even "well off" ones:

The problem becomes a problem when only the 900 richest families in the state, and to families whom have already gone to colleges or universities. The problem gets wrost, when tution to colleges and universities go up so high that most people, even through not academcy expentional, but wish to go can't afford it. Then they wonder why the next generation of students won't be able to increase the wealth in this country or why they aren't smart enough to allow for a middle class in the middle class of the US.

Thank you for your toleration of my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
By some estimates those responsibilities are indeed growing $8,551,607,968,528.68. The debt increases at about $1.6 billion per day.
Per-captia debt about $28K.

Here's a link to a watcdog-type site: www.brillig.com...

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 15-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks, things are a little rough right now.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Every man, woman & child in the U.S. is responsible for the National Debt. Did you think the tooth fairy would pay it?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaforever
They give tax-breaks to families already well off, and to big businesses. This can affect education and incomes of many families, even "well off" ones:
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The share of income taxes paid by the top half of taxpayers reached its highest level in decades, according to new IRS data released today. According to the new data, the top half of taxpayers ranked by income paid 96.70 percent of the individual income taxes paid in 2004, compared to 86.05 percent in 1949, 89.35 percent in 1959, and 90.27 percent in 1969. The top one percent of tax filers paid 36.89 percent of 2004 income taxes, while the top ten percent accounted for over two-thirds (68.19 percent) of these taxes. At least part of the increase in taxes paid by the higher percentiles may be related to higher capital gains realizations following the reduction of the capital gains tax rate in 2003.

www.house.gov...

The problem becomes a problem when only the 900 richest families in the state, and to families whom have already gone to colleges or universities. The problem gets wrost, when tution to colleges and universities go up so high that most people, even through not academcy expentional, but wish to go can't afford it. Then they wonder why the next generation of students won't be able to increase the wealth in this country or why they aren't smart enough to allow for a middle class in the middle class of the US.
Don't any of you find it strange that these schools are mainly controled by liberals. I guess even libs cave in to the power of money.

Thank you for your toleration of my opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
The Federal Reserve is responcible for the debt, and because it was created by traitors in our government, the government is ultimately responcible for the debt.

It has nothing to do with spending, but more to do with the money supply that is LOANED to us at interest.

Absolutely the Federal Reserve is to blame. Unelected, unknown & untouchable.

Income taxes pay off the interest on the national debt.

df1

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
Every man, woman & child in the U.S. is responsible for the National Debt.

You are just accepting the debt as fact with no basis for doing so. I'll bet you 10 dollars to a donut that you cannot provide us with an accurate accounting of how this debt, that you claim we owe, was legally accrued. It doesn't show up on my credit report, so I must not owe it.

Did you think the tooth fairy would pay it?

Sure, why not? We have the FED which mystically controls the money supply and the printing of money with no accountability, so it seems quite reasonable for the tooth fairy to wave her wand to pay this debt in a like manner.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ultimately, All U.S. citizens are responsible for our debt. Or am I wrong?

Honesty, it almost seems like everyone is seeing how far it can go these days. Hopefully I am dead before I am personally responsible. Get what I mean?

Hehe... I shouldn't be posting after my long night out. Please forgive me.

top topics

join