It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Athiests.........

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
...that would extremely cowardess on your part.

Why cowardice? Should I be afraid of something in another dimension? Whenever people say I should be afraid, the anti-brainwashing warning light comes on.

Ah, maybe for you, but you cannot know for certain if others have made those discovery's and have chosen not to disclose them to you as yet.

I know if nothing has come of it, and nothing has yet. If you know something spit it out.

Once again, as far as your aware "there remains no substantiated discovery", so then therefore you percieve it as "taken in faith".

That would be the definition of faith, something believed with no substantial evidence.

Faith is the power of belief, that comes from specific knowledge which may cause discomfort when presenting itself before comfortable beliefs.

Faith does not come from knowledge at all, quite the contrary, it is a personal confidence level. Real confidence is just that, confidence, and it will have a number, a percent or ratio, associated with it. Comfortable beliefs are ones that will not come under constant attack in reality, such a believing you will go to heaven when you die. The only way to find out is to die, and people don't come back to tell you that they can't come back.

Science has not yet provided any absolute proof or truth as to it's hypothesis on the origin of the physical universe. Cosmologist can't conclude with any certainty how it all began.

This is more a diatribe on your own lack of understanding. You expect science to disprove all religious claims, in spite of their inherent absurdity that excludes them from consideration.

It is your "comfortable faith" in the sciences that clouds your vision from being able to see the "other realm"...

Comfortable faith is a redundant expression, but science isn't about faith, it's about real confidence, numbers. The numbers might be off, but you are far from having the first clue.

The probability the universe began is 1.
The probability it was created by a complex entity that created itself is 0.

...I don't think it would be willing to rape your mind (pardon the term)...

People do that, not spirits. People you know or have known. People you trust. People who earned your trust. Christians don't bag people off the street and brainwash them in the backs of vans. Open your eyes.

...terminate the death hold grip it clings too with it's science,...

Look, if I'm a spiritual being and something happens when I die, so be it. Using science in the real world can't prevent that. The fact is I use science every day, and it actually works. It's not some made up nonsense like religions. You see that microwave in your kitchen? The computer you type on? Science gave you that stuff. Where's the stuff spirituality gave you?

...until you are willing to accept that God is real.

I used to accept God as real, but then I learned that God is very poorly defined. What precisely are you referring to when you say "god"?

<< 15  16  17   >>

join