It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

For all the Athiests.........

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Boasting in God is supposed to be childish because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to those that are like children, i.e. boasting about how much they Love their Father(God), humble, innocent, non-judgemental, and so forth. Those who try to be thise way are the ones that reach Enlightenment.


I've not met many kids that are 'humble' or even attempt to be humble. And children are also maybe the most judgmental people in the world, heck if you wear the wrong shoes at school you get laughed at for a week ^.^



Imagine not needing anything and having a personal, tangible, relationship with God with an Open communication channel!!!!


Give me channel4 anyday of the week.

And I like 'needing' things or 'wanting' things, it gives me something to try and attain. The needing things, I think I can attain. The wanting things are my dreams.



People think those dudes with the Megaphones preaching all day are crazy. But what if the guy with the megaphone is the only normal person and everybody else is crazy????


I can't stand those people. I don't care if you're religious, just don't bring it on the street with a megaphone. Thing is if every single religious person of every religion did that, then it'd be absolute chaos, therefore why is it ok for one or two to do it?



If my "One" belief got me to Enlightenment and the Truth, then call me limited as that is your perspective.


I only called your belief limited, because you attemted to call mine the same. Mine is unlimited because I've not made up my mind, yours on the other hand is limited because you've chosen your one belief. It's not my perspective, I only said it, because you brought it up.



Praise God !!!!!!!!


Would you like a megaphone?

[edit on 10-10-2006 by shaunybaby]




posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My friend,
In these argumentations, you have been my megaphone.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I like how when you respond to a post, you don't at all respond to any of the actual post itself.. you just completly ignore it, and say something that has to do with absolutly nothing..

But ending your post with 'PRAISE GOD!!!'..

seriously.. do you want a megaphone and a street corner?



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
hmm quite a lot of hostility here.

I guess, I became hostile when a friend of mine told me Jesus Christ wasnt the Son of GOD. In the end, I was like...have your opinion but dont f***king mouth off to me as I dont upset you saying Mohammed isnt a Prophet. I feel it is really important to respect others faith. Agree to disagree. You are entitled to have your beliefs and I mine. I have many friends all with different beliefs and I am a better person for it. I respect their views and they respect mine. I dont, however, claim that my faith is better than theirs. Faith in GOD is personal and intimate, I cannot prove to people the experiences I have had. I exist, just me and my faith. I dont push it on anyone.

And as for enlightenment, well that is something I get pretty pissed about. The more I learn, the more I feel I know nothing. I have met Swami's who dedicate their lives to meditating and finding enlightenment. I have better things to do with my time.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
In the end, I was like...have your opinion but dont f***king mouth off to me as I dont upset you saying Mohammed isnt a Prophet.


I never get tired of love-filled Christians.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

I never get tired of love-filled Christians.


do you care to expand or did you just want to throw out an insult??

you have obviously ran off with the fact that I said a big naughty swear word and failed to get the point...

guess its another thats lost in translation, eh?



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
hmm quite a lot of hostility here.

I guess, I became hostile when a friend of mine told me Jesus Christ wasnt the Son of GOD. In the end, I was like...have your opinion but dont f***king mouth off to me as I dont upset you saying Mohammed isnt a Prophet. I feel it is really important to respect others faith. Agree to disagree. You are entitled to have your beliefs and I mine. I have many friends all with different beliefs and I am a better person for it. I respect their views and they respect mine. I dont, however, claim that my faith is better than theirs. Faith in GOD is personal and intimate, I cannot prove to people the experiences I have had. I exist, just me and my faith. I dont push it on anyone.

And as for enlightenment, well that is something I get pretty pissed about. The more I learn, the more I feel I know nothing. I have met Swami's who dedicate their lives to meditating and finding enlightenment. I have better things to do with my time.


I quite agree to disagree, I dont mind what religion anyone is just as long as they dont try and make it mine. I dont mind having a debate on religious practices either just as long as I'm not being told I'm wrong because some book says so.

I also agree with your take on enlightenment in that it is a complete waste of time and energy. If you know something then fine, if you dont then learn, if you dont want to learn then dont, but you can NEVER bcome trully enlightened as you can never know everything. Just my take on it.



G



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
do you care to expand or did you just want to throw out an insult??

you have obviously ran off with the fact that I said a big naughty swear word and failed to get the point...

guess its another thats lost in translation, eh?


Expand? Really? You really need me to go in to more detail as to 'why' I made my comment?..

It has nothing to do with the swearing. Just the fact that you got to uptight and angry just because someone said Jesus wasn't the son of God. Guess what, another 4 or 5 billion people agree.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
It has nothing to do with the swearing. Just the fact that you got to uptight and angry just because someone said Jesus wasn't the son of God. Guess what, another 4 or 5 billion people agree.


No, I didnt get uptight and angry JUST because someone disagreed with me...I got upset when they made a joke out of my beliefs. Thats the difference. And my point was that 'dont do that to me, as I dont do it to you'.



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

Originally posted by shaunybaby
It has nothing to do with the swearing. Just the fact that you got to uptight and angry just because someone said Jesus wasn't the son of God. Guess what, another 4 or 5 billion people agree.


No, I didnt get uptight and angry JUST because someone disagreed with me...I got upset when they made a joke out of my beliefs. Thats the difference. And my point was that 'dont do that to me, as I dont do it to you'.


AWWWWW what a shame, babies dropped his rattle. Most jokes are at the expense of someone else, dont YOU find these hidden camera shows or America's dumbest/funniest shows funny? You wouldnt laugh if you saw someone trip over and not hurt themself? You dont find any comedian funny?
And BTW jesus is NOT the son of god HA HA.


G



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
No, I didnt get uptight and angry JUST because someone disagreed with me...I got upset when they made a joke out of my beliefs. Thats the difference. And my point was that 'dont do that to me, as I dont do it to you'.



Originally posted by NJE777
I became hostile when a friend of mine told me Jesus Christ wasnt the Son of GOD. In the end, I was like...have your opinion but dont f***king mouth off to me as I dont upset you saying Mohammed isnt a Prophet.


Where again is this person 'making fun' of Jesus?

All they're saying is he isn't the son of God. Heck, Jewish people don't think he's the son of God. What's your problem? Why such hostility? Relax.



AWWWWW what a shame, babies dropped his rattle. Most jokes are at the expense of someone else, dont YOU find these hidden camera shows or America's dumbest/funniest shows funny? You wouldnt laugh if you saw someone trip over and not hurt themself? You dont find any comedian funny?
And BTW jesus is NOT the son of god HA HA.


Almost all jokes are at the expense of someone/something else.

Those American dumbest/funniest shows are funny when you're about 12. And I'd probably smerk if I saw someone trip and almost fall over.

I had to contain my laughter today when I was driving a golf cart around, and a very very overwieght man asked if I could give him a lift on it. My heart started beating faster, and I had to bite my lip, I just started thinking about the situation 'what if the cart doesn't move anywhere when he's on'.. Now that's funny.

*Edited quote author*

[edit on 12-10-2006 by shaunybaby]



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
BTW Shauny the quote you attributed to me was by nje777 in a previous post. (dont want people thinking I'm a jesus fan LOL)
What I was trying to get at is why NJ thinks his beliefs are beyond critisism and ridicule that he needs to lash out at people who dont believe the same as he?



G



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Shauny,
It's obvious I don't need to respond to all of your posts because you have recycled the same arrgance/ego stuff over 2 dozen times and it's tiring being that I fully supported and justified my end.

Shiluhud,
chasing enlightenment is a waste of time, just as much as anything anybody chases is a waste of time. Since everyone eventually chases something, why not enlightenment? You got something better?

Also, can anyone prove that Jesus is not the Son of God, besides merely stating this perspective? Can anyone prove that Enlightenment or Mystical experiences with God do not exist?



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

What I was trying to get at is why NJ thinks his beliefs are beyond critisism and ridicule that he needs to lash out at people who dont believe the same as he?
G


Your missing the point entirely. I dont care if someone wants to poke fun, take the piss, rant and rave what-the-truck-ever! about my beliefs, the point is... *sigh one more time if I dont do it to others, in that I show respect for other people, and I expect it back ... comprehend??

And when they dont, then I say what I think... ok?

Miss NJE

Try not to ass-u-me



[edit on 13-10-2006 by NJE777]



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
It's obvious I don't need to respond to all of your posts because you have recycled the same arrgance/ego stuff over 2 dozen times and it's tiring being that I fully supported and justified my end.


Well it's the fact that you don't respond to specific comments made in my posts, and just focus in on me calling you arrogant, that I have to repeat what I say.


Originally posted by dominicus
Also, can anyone prove that Jesus is not the Son of God, besides merely stating this perspective? Can anyone prove that Enlightenment or Mystical experiences with God do not exist?


Yeah but can anyone prove they do exist?

I can watch a guy contact dead people's relatives on a TV programme.

Does that mean it's true and is actually happening?

Maybe it's fake cause it's on TV, then I'm sure you can go see it live.

Just because something is on TV, written down in a book (The Bible), It doesn't add any authority at all to it.



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Shiluhud,
chasing enlightenment is a waste of time, just as much as anything anybody chases is a waste of time. Since everyone eventually chases something, why not enlightenment? You got something better?

Also, can anyone prove that Jesus is not the Son of God, besides merely stating this perspective? Can anyone prove that Enlightenment or Mystical experiences with God do not exist?

Chase enlightenment if you so desire but you will never attain true enlightenment as you can never know everything. Plus you dont need to be religiously inclined to search for enlightenment.
Usually the onus is on the person who states that an object/person exists but if thats the way YOU play it then you prove to me beer elves dont exist and I will prove the jesus is not the son of god.



Originally posted by NJE777

Originally posted by shihulud

What I was trying to get at is why NJ thinks his beliefs are beyond critisism and ridicule that he needs to lash out at people who dont believe the same as he?
G


Your missing the point entirely. I dont care if someone wants to poke fun, take the piss, rant and rave what-the-truck-ever! about my beliefs, the point is... *sigh one more time if I dont do it to others, in that I show respect for other people, and I expect it back ... comprehend??

And when they dont, then I say what I think... ok?

Miss NJE

Try not to ass-u-me



[edit on 13-10-2006 by NJE777]
Sorry but thats not the way you put it across, If it doesnt bother you then why moan about it ??? Respect goes two ways but when someone criticizes your beliefs then thats all it is, a criticism, that doesn t mean that they dont respect you.
And you can say what the hell you like, there is usually things like free speech so that you can say what the hell you like and if you dont like what other people say then DONT LISTEN.


G



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You know there will never be agreement on this issue and that's something I have come to accept, which is why I don't bring it up on a serious level. However, I may be considered atheist for not believing in a -god- of any type or any 'higher power' that brings us all to justice for anything. However what sets me apart from atheists is that I do believe there is much more about our existence that we are unaware of, I could even consider it much like an 'after life' and this is of course only a personal viewpoint. I've only met one other atheist such as myself.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
dominicus have you actually looked at the bible from a historical point of view?
old testament - a monotheistic version of mesopotamian polytheistic belief.
new testament - selection of four Gospels out of the hundred written.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Bloody hell, some of the attacks on the OP and his beliefs are a little overwhelming to say the least. At least give him some basic respect. It's turning into a slagging match.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
for all athiests?

at hiest?
at heist?
at hiest?

what happens at hiest?

one comes like a thief.

one comes like a thief in the night.

at heist.
at hiest.

athiest/atheist




top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join