It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Athiests.........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There are more agruments that are in favor of the existence of God then there are for the non-existance side. But, what it boils down to is proof, most of which these days is subjective, and hence my following argument/statement;

I claim to be enlightened and to have subjective first-hand proof that God exists! How do I know this? Well, I followed some Biblical precepts that got me to enlightenment and knowing God first hand and directly. Of course you can jump all over my label as "Christian Mystic" all that you want, but that's not the point here.

Enlightenment means that I now have additional mental faculties and additional senses that I did not have prior to enlightenment. Christianity, especially Catholicism, has been given a polluted view and tainted by bad seeds, media, and people who have given it a try and gotten nothing out of it. Of course no one is perfect and since men run the churches, there is always a chance of corruption, etc.

My main argument is on how to know/have proof of God first hand and have a holy mystical experieince that will knock your socks off. You will never be the same, and no longer operate on faith, because faith is to believe in the things that are unseen. I'm talking about seeing things first hand and it all boils down to Loving God with all your heart, mind, body, and soul. When you do this to the maximum extremes that one can do this, you activate enlightenment and all types of extra gifts that you can now use.

So of course we have the existence of Athiests and Agnostics. How can one believe in God if one is skeptic of something that one hasn't experienced? Until you give something your all, everything you got, all your time, attention, strength, etc, you can never claim to have trully done that thing. If you study hard for a test, you pass with a straight "A." But, if you have never ever studied, let alone believed that the test even exists, how can you claim to know for a fact that it doesn't exist.

So how can we love God with all our heart, mind, strength, and soul? Well it's not easy, and personally took me 14 months to reach, but it is very doable and is part of reprogamming process. Meaning, on this path you slowly reprogram all negative thoughts, habits, and vices to be replaced by loving God and this sense of getting closer to him. Hence, where the good book comes in. There are secret messages in the Bible that help to unlock this deep Love and once you do your in for the ride of your life. Let's just say you come face to face with God.

The greatest thing is that along the path, these windows of another reality open up for you, sometimes for several minutes, and they are just little signs from the Maker that you are are almost there, to enlightenment, which the best way to describe it is like being in deja vu 24/7 for the rest of your life. Everything breaths and is surreal !!!!!

The truth is, there are very few people in the churches or even Pastors/Priests that are genuinely enlightened and this is something you will know upon reaching this state. That's a big reason why many poeple's church experieince is unpleasant. The highest percentage of these people that are "there" are the monks/mystics that lead a mostly solitary life, and yet this state is still attainable in the modern world, you just have to make a few key changes.

Also here is a breather for all the Christians/Catholics. Through deep contemplative prayer, or meditation, you can learn to activate a spiritual power given to us by the Maker, but only if you are free from ego and free from being a power monger. What is it? Mathew 6:22 which has been misinterpreted by 99% of the churches !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Note: I reside in the Chicago-Land area and am up for any free spiritual guidance for those seeking to reach this Enlightenment and to know God. There is no ego involved as we are all equals and I offer you this out of the sincere Love I have for all mankind. I am simply a very humble teacher with lots'o Love.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Statistically, 85% of the worlds population are theists of one stripe or another, 12% are unsure, or say they don't know, while around 2.5% say they believe there is no God.
I am in the I don't know group myself, although I do believe very firmly in certain spiritual realities such as an afterlife, angels, the soul, and the power of prayer.
I don't doubt what you say, and believe your experience is genuine. But I also believe that we each are unique and therefore can each have differing realities. My fiance is an atheist and I am okay with that. If God has a problem with her not believing I will be surprised.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Blackguard,
The statistics being such, isn't it funny how atheism has been getting more pub in the media recently??? Seems like everything comming out of the media and public lawsuits and such, are opposed to the idea of a Maker, but then again it all depends on how you percieve it, which brings me to my next point.

Yes, we do all have different perceptions of reality, but behind it all there are universal characteristics. Those experiences which I have had and continue to have, are all very similar to ones that other Christian mystics and monks have had, which says allot.

As far as your fiance being an athiest, I do know that God cares about her belief cause God is Love and wants there to be a Love relationship between the two of them and with you as well.

Now whether this all has to go down the way it is going down, born-die, good-bad, heaven-hell, God-Devil, right-wrong, is a whole other topic that I'm branching out on. Duality exists, yet all is one. I used to complain about existence but then someone asked me how could I have done it all better!!!! I can't argue with that because I don't have God's perception, and would have to come to a conclusion that this is all the only way to play out the creation of Human beings with free will, with the ability to choose one way or another.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have heard at least three people recount to me their own personal mystical encounters directly involving God. One of these people is a good friend, and the two experiences she had affected her deeply. Sometimes she said she even wished she hadn't had them, they were so powerful. It is fascinating. I like what Lao Tzu said about trying to improve the world, he said he doubted it could be done since the world is already perfect.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Dominicus are you saying that only if we devote our life and time to the christian faith we will see god? So every other faith is fictiscious but yours? HEH...

Im Agnostic, If there is a god I have faith that Im doing the right thing by living a good life. I consider myself spiritual and appreciative of what I have given, but I dont pretend to know why and who gave it to me.. What I will never do is bend to the will of a church or religious rite in order to assure other people that what they worship is 'True' or 'The only way'

It sounds like a bunch of convertist propoganda if you ask me

'Hey if you devote your life to my church you will meet god first hand!, If you want to talk to me about it I can help you discover your faith in jesus christ our lord and savior'

Thats what im hearing.. Please correct me if im wrong.
Btw.. its true that atheism is equally irrational. Agnostic is the only way to be in a perfect world.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by nephyx]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hello Dominicus

Also here is a breather for all the Christians/Catholics. Through deep contemplative prayer, or meditation, you can learn to activate a spiritual power given to us by the Maker, but only if you are free from ego and free from being a power monger. What is it? Mathew 6:22 which has been misinterpreted by 99% of the churches !!!!!!!!!!

Can you please expalin more on Mathew 6:22, what do you mean it is misinterpreted? and can you give your interpritation on it?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Nephyx,
I'm not saying anything about Christian this or church that, which is all besides the point. Christianity has been "Flanderized" and the large majority of Christians mis-represent the faith by putting down and hating individuals of other religions. It's not about that and never was. The key is loving all regardless of faith, creed, gender, color, etc. But that Love is not possible unless it is spiritually activated.

I never said every other faith is Fictiscious except Christiany, hence the reason I have "Mystic" in my label. I'm on the brink of selective Universalism because mystics of various religions report similar expereinces based on Love activations and God being love, as well as experiencing the Holy Spirit outside of Christianity.

It seems like to you, everything sounds like propaganda when I am in no way promoting one way or another. What I am saying is that, by using the Socratic method, in examing the Biblical precepts, we can question everything there is to question in this book and break it down to incorruptable truths. These truths, precepts, if followed will allow you to break through the veil that is over a persons eyes about propoganda and reality in generalt.

Don't get me wrong, evil and corrupt motivations have infiltrated the church from the very start, but if you were to learn from me, I would never take you to any certain church or make you follow what I follow. By breaking it all down, you can use logic, reason, and dedactics to get down to the bottom of stuff. Then when your ready we could visit various churches and question the pastor, many of which could not answer allot of issues I've pressed them with

So Yes, the main messages and precepts, of which are pretty simple to follow then get harder as you move up, have been for the most part covered up or made to look like they are mythical and non-existant.

Also, you say atheism and belief in God are both irrational except for agnosticism. Objectively it may seem so, but subjectively until you try to break through the matrix genuinely trying these precepts, it's all speculation, or faith which for most people will only take them so far.

What I'm saying is just that you can break through the matrix by quetioning and comming to certain conclusions about the existence of God and everything else that's bottom line, Biblically speaking. Upon doing so, you activate things that you thought were impossible. I had to quit my job and take 6 months off just to get used to all the things that I now have activated, can see, and have access to as far as the spiritual realm is concerned.

You can aslo get there by breaking down certain wisdom. The most mystical book in the Bible is the Song of Songs, which gives you a blue-print on how to ascend and reach enlightenment, but it has to be broken down the right way, and Judaism and Kabalah have the best mystic interpretations of this book.

Take it for what it is Nephyx, I'm not here for propoganda purposes, I'm here cause I really live all these things that I say and have the gift of transcendence. I'm of service to anyone that wants to reach enlightenment without propoganda or any preconcieved notions.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
DodgeG1,
Mathew 6:22 is mystical in it's nature and would require to experieince first hand in order to know exactly what it means. The majority Christian interpretation is that it means that if your eyes are good and you keep your concsiousness on good things, then your body will be filled with light, and this is untrue. Not only that, look at the difference of 6:22 between the KJV and NIV of which they are also misinterpretted in the NIV to be plural, when the original is singular.

What it really means is that during deep contemplative prayer, meditation, 6:22 actually happens to you while your eyes are closed, and during this process you are still allowed to see even though your eyes are closed, and as a matter of fact let's you see reality ofr what it really is. In way, everything becomes translucent by this white light that you are completely engulfed in, but on the insdie of yourself. Can't speak too much more on this subject, pm me and I'll tell you more.

Love
--Dominicus--

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What makes you so sure i havent transcended reality? I consider myself to be extremely in tune with reality. Even if the true meaning of the bible is for love, it was written for people, and people took it and used it to hate. It cant be excused.

Did the founders of each seperate religion ever think to themselves 'Hmm these religions will probably clash one day and start all sorts of wars'. If they didnt, they are idiots and I cant accept anything written in those books

I was raised Roman catholic. Went to church for 14 years, and attended sunday school as well. Nothing you know about the bible is news to me. My spirituality comes from within me I dont need props.

Good luck with yours.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
nephyx,
if you have trully already transcended reality, then you know how many gems there are in the Bible. Also, the biggest goal for most eastern religions is to attain transcendence, but when you do get there, it kind of sucks. You become indifferent to everything and a shell/ghost of your former self. The key is to have transcendence that you can have as tool, but Love transcends transcendence itself.

Yes the Bible is for the people and was/is used for hate and power. Well guess what? You can excuse the book itself, but not the people who do these things. A gun is indifferent, but can be used for good or for bad, but you knew that already.

Not all religions are tru, many are false. If you can't accept anything written in any of those books, then refer back to the previous paragraph.

Your spirituality does come from within you, but there are secrets that allow you to activate more than you think is possible. It's only a prop if you think it's a prop, but then if you only think one way with ahything, your not getting the full spectrum.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I dont dabble with specifics written in the bible. That makes you more spiritual than me? Maybe I havent transcended reality but I am of the faith that the more love I give the more I will receive. I dont need the bible to teach me this. I have friends in every faith and I have learned from their spirit what is worth learning.

What exactly is in the bible that I am missing out. You read something and now you feel closer to your spiritual self. I read sidhartha and felt the same way. Whats your point?

I think that is the fundamental essence of enlightenment and achieving self actualization comes from within.. I wouldnt consider myself a hollow shell but I do consider myself very aware of the lies that operate around us on a daily basis. Its this clairvoyancy that gives me the self instilled faith I have that life is an eternal dream that only gets worse or better depending on our thoughts and actions.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
By no means am I more spiritual than anybody. One of the secrets is humbleness and humulity. Get rid of everything and you gain everything. You say that you've learned from your friends of all kinds of faiths. How can you distinguish which one is true and which one is false? How can you distinguish whether what you picked up is false or not?

Instinct isn't always right.

My purpose for these posts was not to say who is more or who is less. But simply that the Bible is the most current, powerful, and fastest way to reach enlightenment and have all these extra faculties activated, and I am "there" and anyone else can get there if they try, though it is subjective. It's a logical middle finger to the athiests. We should unite since we both believe in God, even though our beliefs differ. Unite in the battle against ignorance and stagnation of all levels. Love is the key, and yet I maintain a Biblical view on all things. It's the pollution that surrounds the Bible that has scared off those who only judge the covers of books.

There are also those that have had bad "church" experiences that are so turned off by it because they can't comprehend that they were rolling with the wrong crowd and now have an inner hatred towards this path.

Then there are those who think that they have been programmed by a religion to think a certain way since youth, and to a degree this is true, unless what your being programmed with is the truth. Of course you can find this out for yourself if you really give it all you got, but until then, shouldn't comment on something they have slight experieince in, or the knowledge was gained during early ages when logic and reason or still unmature.

Last and not least are those who see religion, the Bible, and God as something that weak people use to justify things. I would say that these individuals have a problem submitting the ego to the Maker, after which in doing so, you get more out of it than many understand.

My point is that I love you as a brother, even though I do not know you. I wish to leave you with something to think about. If you are cool with your whole belief system and where you are in your spiritual life, you should ask yourself what percentage of what you follow is the truth, that can be broken down to the smallest denominators.

The battle is against the athiests amd ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My battle is against organised religion and those who align themselves to various god teams trying to profess that their holy book is more riteous. You just seem like a tactful christian in my mind. The basis of the bible is that Jesus is the son of god and to deny this is to accept eternal damnation. DO you disagree?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
For one who is so enlightened, you make many spelling mistakes. What makes you different than the drunk bum who says he's God or Jesus on some street corner? You have no way of truely proving you have experienced God. How do you KNOW it was god, maybe you saw what you thought was god. Your experience is no different than someone who takes peyote and tells stories of the visions of the "great eagle", and it's eminations. God is the fabric that weaves reality in some views, but they can prove nothing more than you can. Buhdda created the sutras, he seems to be enlightened. Where are your great works?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
We are all potential Sons of God are we not? Whether something is done to activate this feature is an entirelly different matter. As the saying goes, the Son of God became the son of Man, so that Sons of Men become the Sons of God.

Do you really think that you by yourself can abolish organized religion? Or that I by myself can abolish all the corruption that has infiltrated and surrounded the Bible? Or that we will ever have an uncorrupted Government?

Only by Divine intervention, unless those in power are philosophers which will never happen.

Call me what you want, be it tactful, since we all have labels, I am a Christ Mystic Selective Universalist.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Lord basket Who are you talking to?

[edit on 15-9-2006 by nephyx]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Do you really think that you by yourself can abolish organized religion?

Maybe, I plan on trying.

unless those in power are philosophers which will never happen.

Why not?

Call me what you want, be it tactful, since we all have labels, I am a Christ Mystic Selective Universalist.

Hahahahaha Sorry this is just too funny. Just face it you are a christian who doesnt want to accept the hippocracy and redudancy of 99 percent of the bible.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
(My posts are directed at the thread starter only)

"Christ Mystic Selective Universalist"

So.....does this mean you are just stealing all the works of many popular beliefs that mesh well together, saying you're enlightened and have experienced God? If the bible was filled with such good information(the best as you said) why are more people not becoming enlightened? Are you somehow more special, that absolutely no one, but you, have stumbled upon these revelations....I find that absurd.

How would you rank yourself against someone like the Dali Lama, in matters of enlightenment of course...I want to know your scale on this subject.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think what he's trying to say is that his own interpretation of the bible is what makes him so intuned with god and who and what he is. So basically instead of worshiping the bible and jesus, I should just worship the actual book? Uhhh? Is this making sense to anyone else?

Like I said earlier this is a feeble attempt at someone trying to justify the lunacy of the christian church . Put any label you want on your own faith, I call it ignorance.

You dont know anything about god, you pretend to. Until you show me THIS PROOF you have, dont expect anyone to take you seriously. like Basket says. You are just as good as those crazies on the streets of new york who try to force their TRUTH into you with the use of a megaphone.

Oh and a really good point that baskett brought up is that whatever you found in the bible many christians before you have discovered as well. So what makes you the exception? Are you the holy interpreter?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's pretty sad if the bible can't express information on proper meditation techniques, without having to use words that need some special interpeter to find the true meaning. Why can't someone use another religion to find these same facts, blatently laid out? I live about 300 miles from chicago, so I could road trip, and check you out. What kind of documents/fliers could you provide me with. If the bible has all these hidden things, how would one learn abroad.....without you there to "guide" them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join