It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has 6 years of Republican Rule done for us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Prior to W, I was curious what would happen in this country if one party had control in the House, Senate & Presidency. I was of the opinion that either the Republican or Democrat Parties would destroy this country as we knew it.

Today, Republican Party Objectives are coming to surface. Look around you today and for the next 2 years. Whatever you see on a national and global level, whether good or bad, you can attribute to the Republican Party.

These past 6 years have demonstrated where the Republican Party loyalties lie.

To me, the Republican Party seems to care nothing for the average American, but rather for the Mega-Corporations and ultra-wealthy. As will follow this post, I expect to see that many here do not see this yet. Therefore, I think the American people need 2 or maybe 6 more years to remove all doubt.

Generally speaking, Americans are slow to learn politics.

I'm just a bit curious to see what might happen if the Democrat Party would do to or for this country if they had control of the House, Senate and Presidency for 8 years. I might live long enough to see it.

I'd like to hear other's comments on what 6 years of Republican rule has done for us. What has Republican rule done to make this country a better place to live these past 6 years? Is there anything that is better today than it was in 2000? Who is better off and why?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My question is, why did it take TWO terms of this bozo for the American people to find out just how UNJUST the republicans are? They couldn't figure Bush out after 4 years? They had to vote him in for ANOTHER four years so he could REALLY screw things up.
I'm moving to Mexico.......

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As you think about those questions, just remember that prior to 1995, the Democrats had control of the House for Forty Years.

Also, you must admit that the current crop of Democrats is extremely unco-operative and obstructionist. They don't care about the good of the people; their only goals are to critcize the administration and thwart any proposals.

Examples:
Harry Reid "We killed the Patriot Act"

Hillary Clinton standing up and cheering and applauding during the State of the Union Address when Bush announced that Social Security reform was hopelessly stalled.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by redfox2
I'm moving to Mexico.......

Don't bother. Considering the lack of border security in America and the fact that both the dems and the republicans haven't done a freak'n thing about it ... don't bother moving to Mexico .. it's coming to YOU.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Democrats had control of the House for Forty Years.

You are right on that but I tell you in the last 5 years of Bushes rule he has done more damage to our rights that any other time in history and still he wants to step out big, making illegal surveillance legal and with nobody to watch the watchers to make sure American people rights are protected.

Now tell me if that is the biggest blow to our constitutional rights or not.

That will pave for the way for future presidents to more power abuses in order to control the population and citizens in our nation.

Thankfully we have some Republicans that still believe in a the government for the people.

McCain would be the only Republican that I will vote if he runs for president.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
McCain would be the only Republican that I will vote if he runs for president.

I wanted him to be the republican nominee in 2000. He is the only politician I have ever donated money to. I proudly wore my McCain 2000 tee shirt all over town. When Bush beat McCain in the primaries for 2000 .. was it N. Carolina???, it took me months to stop saying that it was N. Carolina's fault for everything.

I love his book - Faith of our Fathers. Awesome. It should be required reading for all officers and enlisted in the US Military.

So should the book on Emil Kapaaun. (spelling?) He was chaplain during the Korean War. Amazing man. patriot and saint.

John McCain has an adopted child from Mother Teresa's orphanage in India. I had high hopes that if he were in office he'd make adoption easier - both domestic and international adoptions.

[edit on 9/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
FlyersFan

I agree he was my favorite candidate before Bush, I would gladly vote for him because he is a good man.

I think that he will do great as a president lets hope that he runs and get a chance.

He will have my vote, because to tell you the truth I see no good candidates coming from the Democrats right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You are right on that but I tell you in the last 5 years of Bushes rule he has done more damage to our rights that any other time in history and still he wants to step out big, making illegal surveillance legal and with nobody to watch the watchers to make sure American people rights are protected.

Now tell me if that is the biggest blow to our constitutional rights or not.

It would be, marg, if it were true, but I think you're exaggerating a bit. There are checks and balances in place.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Political comment and opinion is fine, but you're not answering the question that has been posted.

I'm going to ask again....

I'd like to hear other's comments on what 6 years of Republican rule has done for us. What has Republican rule done to make this country a better place to live these past 6 years? Is there anything that is better today than it was in 2000? Who is better off and why?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, one of the very few things that I support the Bush Administration on is that they have (so far) not put a ton of taxes on internet providers and internet commerce. At least that I've heard of... something may have slipped through.

Other than that, after 6 years of single-party rule we have:

- National debt going out of sight
- Number of Americans living in poverty consistently on the rise
- Environmental degradation (air, water, etc)
- Ever less capable education system
- Ever less capable health system
- Widening gap between the top and bottom of the economic scale
- Restricted personal freedoms
- Federal government ignoring the clear voice of the people (example: The Oregon death with dignity law. Passed twice by large majority. And still the Federal Gov't is making a fuss).
- Multiple cases of the executive branch ignoring laws passed by the legislative branch
- Loss of position of respect in the world
- Two wars, going poorly, one un-necessary and based on at best inadequate intelligence
- Increased Government intrusion into private lives of citizens

I'm sure there are more benefits, but this will do for a start.

Now, I'm not at all convinced that things would be significantly better if the one-party government had been composed of Democrats. Probably different, but not better. One party government is prone to these kinds of messes.

As you think about those questions, just remember that prior to 1995, the Democrats had control of the House for Forty Years.

Absolutely true. But much of the time the President was Republican.

I think the problem is more related to the class of individuals that are typically politicians, especially in the last 25 years or so, combined with one-party government.

I think the tension between Executive and Legislative branches being of different parties keeps any of them from doing too much harm. And now we don't have that tension, and I believe it has done our country nearly immeasurable harm.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton standing up and cheering and applauding during the State of the Union Address when Bush announced that Social Security reform was hopelessly stalled.

Given how dishonest Bush's replacement was with regard to fiscal sensibility and basic facts (he described the trust fund behind social security as being based on 'IOUs' in a filing cabinet and described how worthless they were. He was, in fact referring to US T-Bills) then I think that standing up and cheering was an act of restraint.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
For the 40 years or so prior to Bush, we did have a primarily Democrat House of Representatives. I believe the Senate was most often Republican controlled and the Presidency flipped back and forth. Until 2000, we had not seen all 3, the House, Senate and Presidency, controlled by one party.

For the past 6 years, we have had a one party control of all 3. Prior to 2000, I really was curious to see what would happen if one party had that control.

Today we are all seeing the results of Republican Rule. I am simply asking for someone to point out the benefits that the Republican Party has brought to this country. I suspect that I may have merely overlooked the positives amidst all the negatives. I'm simply asking that the positives be pointed out.

So far the positives of Republican Rule that have been pointed out are:

1. They haven't taxed the internet yet.

So I'm going to ask again....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, the most obvious thing the Republican rule has accomplished is the keep the Democrats from ruling.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well it's been nearly a month and there have been no posts in reply to this.

Is there anything positive that the Republican Party has done for this country? So far the only positive that has been presented has been:

1. They haven't taxed the internet yet.

Depending on your perspective of what positive is, the following might be considered now:

1. They kept the Democrats out of power.
2. They have demonstrated an approval of gay behavior, although they've gone a step further than most Democrats would dare in allowing this behavior to be directed at teenage boys. (I'm sure glad I have girls)

I ask again, Is there anything honestly positive that the Republican Party has done for this country in the last 6 years of Republican Rule?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Let's see, they took down a dictator. Allowed international parties to overrun the UN, they have ignored or done little suggestions from e-mails to the Senate and the House, and they blame everything on second hand smoke. Which althrough smoking's affects are known on people. Some people don't care or aren't by it enough to care. Then the party spins more than any Hollywood Celebrities agents do.

new topics

top topics

join