It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for our soldiers to leave Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Great idea.

Leave another shattered nation to simmer in chaos after the US destroyed it's infastructure,.

But the insurgents sabotage anything we build, and we get blamed when there is only power to half the population. Why don’t the citizens blame the insurgents?

robbed it's treasury, and plunder it's oil.

I highly doubt that happened, please provide a source.

Leave the people at the mercy of whoever has the most guns and desire to use them.

This is my point. What would the citizens of Iraq prefer? If we leave, things will get much worse, yet they don’t appreciate the sacrifice and hard work our soldiers do. And if they are aiding and embedding the enemy, then it is obvious they would prefer chaos, because that is the choice they are making.

This is exactly the wrong thing to do. If the US pulls out of Iraq before the job of rebuilding is finished, the country will become a true breeding ground for real terrorists. The people will hate you and they'll have good reason.

With this, I would agree. We would have to go back in the future and deal with the same problem. In fact this is the second time, and it is much more difficult than if we would have taken Saadam out back in the first Gulf war.

How is it that more people in Iraq do not support the US? Don’t they know that if they cooperated and took more responsibility, we would leave sooner? All they are doing by helping the enemy is extending our occupation. This just doesn’t make sense.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join