It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SMSHC) Soul Asylum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
PURPOSE

I'm here of my own free will. I tell you that now , you may not believe it later. I came with a purpose.
This place is a eater of souls.

I dont speak to any of them, doctors, patients, nurses. Their all tainted you see and they would detract me from my quest with their words, if they could. The one i seek is here, he knows me but is yet to reveal himself.
The voices seek to distract me too, the ones in my head. Fools i used to think of those who claimed such afflictions.
Now i'm the fool.
Jester.
Hah.

He was revealed to me today, i passed the room where he lay. He saw my passage and cringed.

Tonight, i feel it. A source of power has revealed itself to me. I must bend my will to the task. Ahhh but the reward.

The male nurse, John, locked me away tonight. He looked into my eye's as i knew he must. I had seen it. He left and the door remained open, as i had known.
Such power.
The halls were quiet, the orderlies huddled around the teevee in the lunchroom watching the game. I slid past the open door. No one looked up.
There ahead of me was the door.
This door had also been left unlocked, by John. The door didn't need locking anyway as the only occupant was strapped securely to a single bed.
His eye's widened in surprise at my entrance and he thought to scream, i saw the thought. Then i saw the resignation upon his face and our eye's locked. My fleshly appearance melted away, a skull oozing rotting flesh and fetid puss replaced it. My mask had peeled away. He said not a word as my hand clasped his throat though his eye's bulged in terror. The cartledge of his throat was slowly crushed, bruised, then swelled and bled. His eye's screamed though his mouth did not, could not. I could feel the blood surge and pulse through my fingertips. And ever deeper i reached until the spark of life fled before my touch. His heart still pumped, though his eye's were now souless windows.
As i must i painted the sign upon his head and upon the wall, then as i must i drank from the rent in his throat.

John locked my door later, as i lay on my cot. When he left i washed myself and slept.

FREEDOM

Today i'm to be released. Two months after the homeless mans death. The police investigation has stagnated, their only suspect, a nurse named John.
Hah.

I spoke to my doctor a week after the homeless mans death. Oh he was surprised, elated. Oh such ego. His collegues would be impressed. I spoke kindly and politely and exhibited no signs of violent tendencies. Seven weeks later and he has agreed to my release.
Hah.

REDEMPTION

I found the house easily enough, typical middle income suburbia. Three bedrooms, two kids, four year old bmw and dog. Saving for a pool. The door was open as i knew it would be. The little girls room was the third door down the hall. I could hear her mother singing to me from the kitchen.

Hey little sister what have you done
Hey little sister who's the only one
Hey little sister who's your superman
Hey little sister who's the one you want
Hey little sister shot gun!

It's a nice day to start again
It's a nice day for a white wedding
It's a nice day to start again

The little girl, Susan, looked up as i entered her room, I'd seen her only the night before on the teevee in my motel room. She looked much sweeter in the flesh. I tried my most charming smile and held a silent finger to my lips, and she smiled at me. I knelt before her and she looked into my eye's. From my belt i pulled the knife and she never said a word. It caught the sun from the open window and shimmered momentarily, holding both our gaze's. Quickly i raised it and cut.
Ahhh the power.
She fell forward into my arms and began to suckle upon the cut in my throat.

PURPOSE

I'm here for a reason, when i was a little girl i had cancer but i miraculously regained my health after a mad man committed suicide before me in my own home. I was on the news for weeks, but none knew the truth.

I'm here of my own free will. I tell you that now , you may not believe it later. I came with a purpose.
This place is a eater of souls.

(lyrics from ' White Wedding ' by Billy Idol.)

[edit on 14/9/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
*shudder*

Ni-i-ice lttle slithering bit, mojo4sale...

Yessss, I saw those eyes bulge in fear as the carotid was torn.

Soul and blood for a late nite snack...like alphabet soup

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thanks Masqua, i tend to be my own worst enemy though when i write, once i have an idea i write it down very quickly, hence the two story's in two days. I often come back to them later and think how much more i could have done with it.

Ahh well at least now i can sit back and enjoy what the other members have in store for us.

join