It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King tut was Black

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
LL1

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys are going at it over "color/complexion" of skin.
amazing... Is it really that important? So much of this lately, where's this all coming from?

Are we to be tagged and bagged by color/complexion? That tag on your toe
will not have id by color/complexion, trust.

Perhaps it's the embalming fluids that changes complexions, death does.

Know what, we are all going to be worm food no matter the color/complexion...
Worms don't discriminate.

Here's a read.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have seen enough proof that ancient Egypt was a cosmopolitan society, and that there were indeed black African royals and nobles entombed in Egypt. There were apparently inter-racial couples as well. Though I only use that term for clarity, I still say one race. The Egyptians were not one ethnicity, they were many, and they did not have any problem with marriages across the ethnicities. The mummies come in all types and degrees of mixtures. I would say that if you wanted to find an 'average' skin tone and bone structure, it would likely be light brown. But that is only because it is the middle. There were lighter and darker skinned Egyptians in significant numbers, as depicted in paintings. So, I guess I agree to disagree on this, but I also want to say I am not saying Tut was 'black', I don't know. I just feel quite confident I could find proof that some Egyptian royals were indeed 'black'. That is all I can say on this topic. I have said way too much already...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well to be technical,the only ppl called black in the modern world are black ppl in the u.s. I am a black person and in america i am black,not african-american because i didnt come from africa. My grandparents x2 werent from africa. Dark ppl in brazil....not called black,they're simply brazillian.Same for all south american countries/african countries.

So truthfully,tut wasnt black,he was simply egyptian. Then you visualize ppl in egypt now and apply that to your mental image of tut.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Very fair point there spanish, I also like your Signiture, it is a very good wake up call for my generation and the younger ones after me.

At least I grew up without cable TV

Anyways the point your making is about nationalism and anyone residing within the boundries was considered equal? I suppose that very well could work, and I assume it did, I do not think that the royal families where black though.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have seen the mummies, the paintings, etc. that support that existance of high ranking Egyptians who were clearly 'black' for want of a better term. They had afroes. I also am of the opinion that the face on the Sphinx, which a Muslim cleric ordered have its nose blown off, is the face of a black man. It is an opinion that has a lot of scientific evidence to support it. If you don't accept black royals in ancient Egypt, that is okay with me. I am just saying that I have seen enough evidence to convince me.
Its all good.
PS, I lived without tv for 8 years up until this year actually, and didn't miss it.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why are you so bothered about the colour of these things? It is irrelevant.
Tut was a good ruler. The Sphinx is a piece of history and a remnant of a lost age.

Why should something as their colour define them? Tut was an Egyptian. The Sphinx's face is also likely an Egyptian. Ancient Egypt was a nation unto itself, and so all we need to say is that these things aen't black or white or purple with pink spots....they were Egpytian.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
They had afroes.
[edit on 9/16/2006 by BlackGuardXIII]

most egyptians wore wigs , and shaved their hair

egyptian wigs

I've seen caucasians with "afros" , don't see how an afro haircut makes you black.If your hair is curly enough and you have the patience to grow it.
Just like i don't see how shaving your head makes you a tibetan monk or having an implant of any kind makes you a borg.
Personally i find it irrelevant to confirm or infirm Tutankathens (or any other ancient egyptian) "blackness" , all i see is a great civilisation.
Looking at ancient egyptian representations his father, Akhenaten, and his possible mothers , all i see is modern egyptians dressed in ancient egyptian clothes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join