It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Changed Since You Registered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What has changed since I joined ATS ?
The following comes to mind.

1. PTS was created
  2. Member Podcasts
  3. Members have come and gone.

The creation of PTS was the best thing that has happened from this members point of view.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have to admit it has been nice to see the stuff changed or added.
Podcast, updated interfaces...new topic areas (skunkworks was a nice add on for those hard to place topics)
Adds arent bothersome (once it was, but they fixed it.)

Overall cool place they have put together and Im sure they realize it.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well, let's see... When I originally joined, we only had something like eight categories of forums in ATS, though BTS had a whole bunch. PTS didn't even exist yet, and I think we only had like five mods besides the three amigos.

But those are the changes everyone knows about... here's the inside scoop that I remember:

Skeptic Overlord wasn't a bald muscle-builder - Well, he might have been IRL, actually, but his avatar didn't feature the heroic-looking masked man at the time. I want to say the avi had an "M" on it for some reason, but I don't remember exactly.

The Libra was a pompous blowhard - Yes, hard to imagine, but I was even more a rather pompous arse. I felt the need to debunk and shoot down every thread that seemed too ridiculous to allow to stand. Now I just ignore them.

An evil monkey lived in my closet - Since then, he's found a new woman and moved out.

I got married! - w00t! The biggest mystery of all, why a woman would marry me, begins.

Our troops were still stuck in post-war Iraq - Oh... wait... The question was what's changed since I registered...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The creation of PTS was the best thing that has happened from this members point of view.

Yeah I like PTS, however I dont really remember a lot of the conversations back in the day (2002 - 2003) being all that political. Which is funny because that was right after 9/11.

Maybe Im remembering things wrong, but I think that as the site grew in popularity it attracted more thatn just "Lone Gunmen" and "X-Files" fans (god I love generalising
) and started to attract a broader audience who were more interested in the politics behing conspiracy's.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've seen most of the changes you mentioned take place on ATS. But one thing I believe is that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Originally posted by iori_komei
Anyways, so what's changed since you began?

I think the most noticeable change has been the change in me:
- I have become less harsh (for the most part)
- My mind has been opened (which is something I was hoping for when I arrived)
- I have 'met' people who I never would have given a chance in real life. But after reading their posts, I have developed a sincere respect for them, even though they totally disagree with me on many important subjects.
- I have cried over the problems of people that I have never met and who I consider my friends.
- I have learned what it means to be a 'critical thinker' and how important it is to not be attached or "married" to a theory or belief.

I could go on, but that's enough about me...

But no matter how many cosmetic changes ATS evolves through, it remains the best place a person can have to make positive changes in themselves. That doesn't change...

I love you, man!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When I first joined there was a lot of insults, name calling, snipping and just generally rude, trashy behavior. Most of that's gone now as are a lot of the rude and trashy posters.

God, I miss the good old days!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i missed the old system from three years ago!

the resistence bar for NWO, aliens, etc.

plus, the funky titles you got aswell

oh! and the stars! how can you not miss the stars

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmm, let's see changes since I've joined....well personally I've been through one avatar two computers and an amazing selection of pastries as for the sight I joined about the same time as Iori so I can only add a few:

Skeptic Overlord no longer beams dirty telepathic messages to members. Those were a little intrusive but nice. I think it was just his way of saying "we're thinking of you and we know where you live".

Simon stopped wearing that ratty kilt he got from his uncle. I think we're all very grateful about that.

And of course Springer no longer ends all his posts with "Kiss it Suckas!" Which I believe was meant to be some sort of catch phrase that never really caught on.

Other than that things don't seem to have changed much.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just like Benevolent Heretic, I think the greatest change I've seen has been me. Look back at my old post and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about

In the short 18 months I've been here one of the greatest and best changes had been with ATSNN. It's changed for the better, a complete 180.

EDIT: I miss the color coded ATS/BTS/PTS tabs

[edit on 15/9/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow, lets take a trip down memory lane. Well forums were added, the layout has changed, and I remember all the stuff the original poster point out. But the membership has definitely changed a bit too, and I've also changed, A LOT I might add.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
most of the lamers have been bannished.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The recent overhaul of PTS is one of the biggest changes since I have joined the board a year ago. Sure the layout has changed a few times but the content always remained the same.

When you tried to sneak a political thread into the current events forum, sanctum would be on your ass in a second and sentence your thread to death in PTS. Well this is no longer the case, the Politics section of ATS has come to life and is just as busy as the others.

No offence to sanctum, just poking fun because it was always him who had moved my threads that I could not sneak in.

How about the addition of the Canadian Politics forum? We canucks finally have a place on ATS to call our own.

Podcasts have been introduced since I have joined the board, I try to check in on them every now and then to see what has been uploaded. Those SkepticOverviews always make for a good listen.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I did'nt even think about personael changes in myself since
joining when I was writing this thread.

I guess I'll name a few.

-I've gone from being a conservative right leaning moderate,
to being a Liberal with a slight right streak.

-My "Spiritual" belifs have changed, that is I was a hardcore
Atheist, and now I have my own beliefs, and believe in contnued
existance after death.

-I've come out of the closet.

-I went from being someone with next to no emotions whatsoever,
to having emotion, and being very compassionate towards those
I care about.

-I've become smarter, by about 10 I.Q. points I'd estimate.

Oh, and I agree with what Benevolent said about the more
things change, the more they stay the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A lot of ridiculous commercialization.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
A lot of ridiculous commercialization.

Well since you signed up on the 16 of January this year, I am interested to hear what ridiculous comercializations you speak of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join