It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog The Bounty Hunter Arrested!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I thought he was an ex-con turned good? I guess he's failed to turn himself into mexican authorities after an incident from few years back..

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He completely blew off the Mexican authorities when they wanted him to go back for hearings and other things after he kidnapped his suspect from there. Serves him right.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
hah ahaha hahaha

i hate that guy

get a hurrcut punk.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm definitely not a fan of this guy, but this all stems from an apprehension he did of a major scumbag rapist in Mexico. The Max Factor heir thought his money and prominence would let him skate and Dog dragged him back.

Dog also lost a daughter in a car accident a few months ago, so he's not having a great year. I don't particularly care for him, but what's happening to him isn't anything I can celebrate.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
His methods aren't exactly sanctioned but I agree with what he's doing.
If the authorities did a better job keeping criminals under wraps he wouldn't be out there.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anybody see the A&E episode last night? Dog: The Family Speaks Out.

Here's a link to a story-
people.aol.com...

I don't make a habit out of watching his show, but I did watch it last night due to some questions I had and still have.

Dog went into Mexico and snagged this most reprehensible of criminals, Andrew Luster. Serial rapist, sexual torturer. Now this was an American citizen in Mexico to avoid prosecution. Actually, he bolted during his trial.

So now, 3 years later, the US Marshalls arrest Dog with the intent to send him back to Mexico where he's in trouble because bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico.

Why now? And why does the US Gov't care? Luster's currently serving a 120+ year sentence in California. If Dog hadn't grabbed him, he'd still be in Mexico living the high life and continuing to rape women. They found date rape drugs in his apartment and a journal detailing some very disturbing things when he was caught.

Is this some political thing where we're for some arcane reason attempting to mollify Mexico? Why would we do that, especially over this?

By the way, Dog was never paid for catching Luster.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is the first time in my memory that I applaud Mexico. I think bounty hunters should be outlawed in every civilized country. Leave law enforcement to law enforcement officials.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Read my avatar.....

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is the first time in my memory that I applaud Mexico. I think bounty hunters should be outlawed in every civilized country. Leave law enforcement to law enforcement officials.

Fair enough. I think we'd have waited a loooong time for Mexico to catch this guy. The concept of "Mexican law enforcement" doesn't necessarily strike fear in the hearts of the criminally inclined.

And I'd be happy to participate in a thread about bounty hunting. I'm ok with it, by the way.

In this case, not only do I not applaud Mexico, I'm ashamed of the treatment Dog's getting from the US. They ought to give him a medal. And tell Mexico to pound sand.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I love the Dog, even though him and his wife are a bit egotistical.

Let the police do their job? He has had law officials call him right after the criminals missed their court date saying that they didn't even bother trying to contact the criminal because they knew Dog would find them.

Cops have so many cases to deal with and so much on their plate already, I think it's obvious they need a little help.

Dog and his family spent thousands of dollars in their own money to catch that scumbag Andrew Luster and they were not granted permission to collect the reward that was on his head. When he was arrested, he posted bail and was told that nothing much would come out of it. They haven't contacted him about the situation for three years.

Who knows how many of our other big time criminals are hiding out in Mexico. I guess we are sending people a message that if you commit a crime, go ahead and flee to Mexico, you'll be safe there.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would tell Mexico to shove it. Screw them and their corruption anyways, ever been pulled over in mexico for no dambed reason? Dude the federales fire at US borderpatrol agents for fun or because they're protecting their drug smugglers. That stuff happens all the time they don't care that the guy was a demented serial rapist but they care that the Dog sprayed him with pepperspray and took his ass back to the real athorities. Why should we give him to the mexican govt. I don't particularly like the dog and yeah I think he's a little egotistical but to give him lesss slack than the serial rapist, bahhh. Bounty hunting should be severly reduced and controlled though because there are plenty of cases a year when the bounty hunter nabs the wrong guy and really messes them up.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The fact that the US is planning on sending him to Mexico is absurd. How often do criminals escape US justice by crossing the border?

Dog, a reformed criminal, is a man who has apprehended heaps of bad guys. Even some who are his friends. He is strictly business, and his friends don't hold it against him - they all know its only a matter of time.

I think he should be free to carry on with his work. He is quite calm in what he does. I've seen him explode into a drug house, capture the guy he wanted, and then tell the others that its all good and that he hasn't got a problem with them, before walking away from people who have probably mugged, stole and killed (although afterwards he did remark that they didn't have a problem - "yet.")

He is doing a good job cleaning up the scum, and making sure criminals have something to fear.

Sign the petition and FREE DOG!!!!
36642 as of my signing.

[edit on 20/9/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Fair enough. I think we'd have waited a loooong time for Mexico to catch this guy. The concept of "Mexican law enforcement" doesn't necessarily strike fear in the hearts of the criminally inclined.

Well then send the FBI, Federal Marshalls or whatever into there in a covert operation to take him. I just don't like the idea of bounty hunters.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that US law enforcement is pretty much impotent in Mexico.

Dog isn't.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well then send the FBI, Federal Marshalls or whatever into there in a covert operation to take him. I just don't like the idea of bounty hunters.

Why wasn't the FBI down there already? There are 2 other fugitives that have been seen by or near Puerta Villarta, why isn't the FBI looking into that?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ha ha haha ha ha ha

I cant stomach that lowlife.

ha ha ha ha ha

Supersleuth.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I understand and respect your opinion, but can you deny the work he has done?

Bringing Luster into captive was a huge moment for Dog and the U.S.. Can you ignore 86 counts of rape?

This man brings down bad people, and he does it with respect.

Even if you disagree with Bounty hunting, you should have a second look at Dog himself and see if you can respect him.

If Dog was to do jail time for this, I would hang my head. He was advised while in Mexico that if he left the country, the government would not pursue him and nothing would ever come of this again. Excuse for him leaving? Possibly, but I don't see many people doing anything different.

What about the misdemeanor he was charged with, how can they extradite a man on this?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

See, they can't. Feds, FBI aren't permitted to work outside the US borders, because they have no authority outside the US jurisdiction. I wish bounty hunters weren't necessary, either. Remember, they go after bail jumpers specifically, not just "wanted" fugitives. Law enforcement doesn't have the resources, and in some cases actually rely on bounty hunters to do what they do. The rules are very state specific and bounty hunters are regulated on a state-by-state basis.

I guess one option would be "no bail for anyone" but I sure don't like that idea, either.

In this case, the man that raped and tortured (and filmed) over 80 women victims was going to sit in Mexico and continue with his sick behavior unless somebody dragged him back. US officials can't do it. The Mexicans weren't going to. So he was either going to continue to thumb his nose at everyone with impunity, or ...

I'm not advocating this by any means, but if Dog would've screwed a pistol in this guy's ear and capped him where he found him, it wouldn't have hurt my feelings.

But then, Dog doesn't carry a firearm.
[Edit for typo]

[edit on 9/21/2006 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What I think is important to remember is this whole case.

The man Dog apprehended has been sentenced to 120 years imprisonment. I think its safe to say that he's a pretty bad guy.

If Dog hadn't intervened how long do you think it would have been before he started anew in Mexico? Then I wager the Mexican government would have moaned at the US for letting someone as evil as this man get away.

If it weren't for Dog, this man could still be out there. He could be raping, killing or whatever.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I roflmao everytime I see this thread.

I hope they give him a hurrcut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join