It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speech From Pope Outrages Muslim Leaders

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
7A, I wish there was a place we could go to actually discuss this instead of on this thread.

Attacking? Phissh, I would crush you just by rolling over. I am your friend, and one way you will know this is I will give you the most bitter feedback for your ultimate good.

You have a seeking mind, pure intentions, and strong intellect, but I feel you are vulnerable to cult thinking. That means you might wind up wasting your brains on lies. I asked for references, not so much for me as for yourself, so that you may begin to think about what you are thinking of.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
If your in christianity, you must understand that this religion is just another sun worship. Though it was than, I am not sure if it is now, but from a valuable source of mine, it says so that christians are too brainwashed to realize it.

Ayreon,
I would seem to me if this is the case, or you feel this is the case, you might want to study the theological doctrine of the said religion. After doing such with some understanding that should make the point clear of who the religion worships.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hear is a report on the end of the Popes vist to Turkey.

Just as the Bible speaks of converting swords into plowshares, Pope Benedict XVI has used his extraordinary pilgrimage to Turkey this week to transform outrage over provocative remarks he made about Islam into an emerging image of conciliation and outreach.

His efforts have been hailed by many here and could have crucial influence on the future of the troubled relations between Islam and Christianity.

During his four-day visit, which ended Friday, the pope faced Mecca and prayed shoulder to shoulder with an Islamic cleric in Turkey's most important mosque. He shook the hand of one of his sternest Muslim critics. He even hoisted a Turkish flag bearing the Islamic symbol of a crescent moon.
sorce

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
TheBorg,

If your in christianity, you must understand that this religion is just another sun worship. Though it was than, I am not sure if it is now, but from a valuable source of mine, it says so that christians are too brainwashed to realize it.

I can assure you that it's not been about Sun worship for me. For you to suggest something like that just means that you misunderstand the history that's been given. I'm not here to try and convert anyone to my way of thinking religiously speaking; I'm merely suggesting that people moderate themselves. We need to stop dividing ourselves up into groups and then fighting all the time. It solves nothing. It's time to unite as one, for the betterment of all.

But I don't know about it either, its a source. Nothing I really truly believe, but I just thought I'd ensure you have an eye for such possibilitys.

Xee-A-Twelve (Amikitah)

Jesust the Rescuer:
www.xeeatwelve.com...

Jesus the Spiritual Warrior
www.xeeatwelve.com...

7A

[edit on 1-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

I read the first one all the way through, started to read the second one and just about got sick, so I quit. The first one is some of the biggest religious tripe I've seen in a long time. It seems to me anyway that this person has a particular hatred for Christianity in general, and is out to literally "demonize" it in anyway he/she can. None of what they said about the Old Testament God is accurate, except for the fact that he was harsher than he is now. That is all explained with the conjunction of the New Testament. I'm not going to go into a detailed analysis of the text, since I find it lacking in many ways, the least of which is that it's not even academically sound. The train of logic is so askew that it makes me wonder if such a thing even exists in the document anywhere.

Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed. I'm sorry that I have such harsh opinions on those articles, but the person who wrote that apparently knows nothing of what he/she's talking about, otherwise they couldn't have said what they did. They cite several verses, and yet don't include the adjoining few verses or chapters, which frequently put those verses into context. As we all know here, taking things out of context can ruin the intent of any solid argument.

Again, I'm sorry, but they failed to make a cogent enough argument for me to even continue reading. The first one was entertaining though, I must admit that much,

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Needless to say, I wasn't very impressed. I'm sorry that I have such harsh opinions on those articles, but the person who wrote that apparently knows nothing of what he/she's talking about, otherwise they couldn't have said what they did. They cite several verses, and yet don't include the adjoining few verses or chapters, which frequently put those verses into context. As we all know here, taking things out of context can ruin the intent of any solid argument.

Borg,
Thanks for makeing this post. I skimed over the articles linked above, and I felt pretty much the same way, I just was not going to come out and say it straight up like that. I just have one different opinion though. I think the person who wrote it knows everything of what he is talking about. I think the sole purpose of those articles is to discredit the christion doctren and the auther knows very well what he was doing with his words.
Again thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Borg,
Thanks for makeing this post. I skimed over the articles linked above, and I felt pretty much the same way, I just was not going to come out and say it straight up like that. I just have one different opinion though. I think the person who wrote it knows everything of what he is talking about. I think the sole purpose of those articles is to discredit the christion doctren and the auther knows very well what he was doing with his words.
Again thanks for the post.

Maybe he/she should consider debating someone in an open forum such as this one about his "truth", or the lack thereof. Maybe people would see the same flaws that I do in his argument when he's put to task on the carpet.

You can look no further for his competition. *raises hand* I'll give him some ideas to run with, rest assured.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
TheBorg

Perhaps you should examine her literacy from bottom to top at

www.xeeatwelve.com...

Before discrediting her few articles I pointed out.

You may find this interesting...

Is The Bible The Devil's Tool
www.xeeatwelve.com...

7A

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
7A, your reference is weak. Much information is culled from various other sources, and the colors give me a headache. I am sure ZA12 (family relation?) is charasmatic enough to make up for these shortfalls, but there are more things in heaven and earth, hornblower, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The point still is, taking verses out of context is what hurts the whole form of religion, and what it stands for. To do that does nothing but destroy all of the good that everyone else before has tried to instill. To demean what others have done, by calling the religion as a whole a farce is doing nothing but hurting people and their beliefs. Who are we to tell others that what they believe isn't the truth? Just because I don't believe this person doesn't mean that you have to.

All I've ever been trying to accomplish here is the unification of the people at large, to stop the evils that seem to permeate every corner of our existence. If we let up even a bit, evil gets a foothold, and these divisions between religions do just that; they separate us into smaller groups of opponents, making picking all of us off easier. It's time to unite as one, whether we're one religion or many, for nothing more than the good of the world.

Ok, my long monologue is over. Feel free to express your distaste for it in kind.

With respect,

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Borg, I hope you are not referring to me, because I have no distaste for your objective. If anything, we are on the same page. The root of the conspiracy is our unwillingness to understand that we all breathe the same air, drink the same water, live, dream, and share the same fate. Blood courses through all our veins and arteries, we all feel pain when we are hurt, and we all feel joy when we are happy. There are no big orange borders between states, nations, and peoples. In a truth, to be human is a universal value.

Often we see that which divides us as evil, and more often still over corrective measures are taken resulting in more damage than the ill. Moderation becomes extremism, devotion becomes fanaticism. So the good plants that took so much labor of love to cultivate are pulled up by the roots along with the weeds, and still others are mistaken for weeds. Books burn in bonfires, people burn at stakes. Minds become bent and whole congregations disappar overnight from drinking poison. That is my point about using so many other sources out of proper context to boost an argument.

Now at heart I am a secular humanist, but I also have gnosis and practice Buddhism. It has taken me many years to find my equiliburium, but I got there by taking in the richness other religions have to offer. In 7As case I would be willing to actually purchase this set of tapes for him provided we meet again and discuss each of the 25 programs in depth. In fact I would do that for anybody, and I certainly am no Catholic. I say this because it is a fine illustration of your objective.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yes Matyas, I was referring to 7A here. The texts he cites are very biased and seem at best to be slanted against Christianity as a whole. To try and prove that God is or isn't is never going to happen, since there's no definitive way to prove that kind of existence. Everyone has a feeling that there's something greater than here, but there's no way to actually "touch" that feeling to get evidence of it's existence.

I look forward to the responses I'm going to get now, hehe.

TheBorg

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join