It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speech From Pope Outrages Muslim Leaders

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
People really gotta grow up and start acting their ages. This is getting rediculous. Since when is it acceptable to go around complaining just because someone pointed out one of your flaws. Mine are pointed out on a daily basis, and I don't get all worked up over it. It's all in a day's work for me. It's time that people start growing a bigger stomach for the things that others tell them. Some people aren't going to like you no matter what you do. That's just the way of this little dirtball that we live on.

I guess if I could say any one thing to everyone, it'd be to grow up! It's tiring to hear everyone hiding behind Political Correctness as a way to shield themselves from the truth. Aren't people supposed to be denying ignorance rather than embracing it?

Truly baffling,

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Borg,
Yes that is very correct. However as long as I have hoped to see a lasting peace come to be that has just not been the case. There is still more news coverage being given to the visit in Turkey.
Hear is another spin on that visit in the news.

If Benedict XVI and his principal host in Turkey, Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, had their way, I suspect that the storyline here wouldn’t be, “Pope’s First Visit to Islamic Country Since Inflammatory Regensburg Address,” but rather, “Peter Meets Andrew to Consider the Unity of the Christian Church.”

Long experience should have taught both men, however, that, while the world press isn’t much interested in Christian ecumenism, it’s mightily interested in politics, especially the politics of a potential clash of civilizations.

So, whatever Benedict and Bartholomew manage to accomplish ecumenically, the question of the Muslim response to the Pope’s initial visit to an Islamic country is almost certainly going to dominate the coverage.

sorce

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I dunno what's gonna happen when he gets there myself. One of two things could happen, each with their own consequences.

First off, he could get there and have a good time, meeting with the Muslims and getting a dialog going, which would be a great thing. This could lead to a long-lasting peace between Islam and Christianity, which can be nothing but a good thing, all things considered.

Secondly, and more darkly, someone could try and kill him. Should this happen, I see the next batch of Crusades coming about, with the full backlash of the Catholic Church rushing to Turkey to lay "Holy Vengence from God Almighty" on the Muslims inhabiting the countryside.

While I hope and pray that the meeting goes well, and that Christians can form some semblence of a bond with Muslims everywhere, I don't hold out much hope of it ever happening. Because, in general, Radical Muslims hate anyone that doesn't follow their teachings. If it's ever to be that all religions can come to a joint truce, then maybe, just maybe, we can begin to see past our differences, and look forward to the advancement of everyone as a whole, not as a single group of one denomination or another.

The religious segregation has got to stop, otherwise it'll tear us all apart. I, for one, am doing my part to stop that by not subscribing to any denomination. As an aside, I'm a devout Christian, but that's it. I don't align myself with any one group, because no one has ALL of the truth, which is why I take some from all, and put them together to form my own, cohesive belief. I'm what I would call a "Heinz 57 Christian".

Anyway, that's my take on this. Feel free to rant all ya want. I look forward to hearing everyone tell me that I'm going to Hell for the way I think. C'mon!! Admit it, you're thinking it!! Aren't you?? j/k.

Thanks for listening y'all,

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Borg,
Although I do think you are right in the two possibilities of what will happen, I think you took them both a bit to the extreme. I basically think there will be an assassination attempt, or he will come and go with out trouble. Popes have been killed before, so another attempt will be no surprise. But I do not necessarily think that will lead to a war. Yes there are radical Christians as there are Muslims, but over all I feel that the senior Catholic leadership will not be call all its followers to go out and start a war unlike the latter mentioned above.

I also don't feel that a successful visit will mean peace. Although be it there has been times of peace I have just groan cynical in that. I might be able to give the why, for, how come of the whole thing but I wont go into it all.

No subscribing to an organised religion I also think in one way to help stop all this violence. However the problem in we as humans are sociable creachers. We live in complex societies so we have groups, some large some small for most everything we do. That is why I feel the best thing that can be done to prevent these religion based, power hungry, megalomaniacs who are bent on destroying everything that they do not control is be separation of religion and state. Gawd I love the founding fathers of the U.S. for putting that in the constitution.
From what you said in your post I really don't think hell is going to have claim on you

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hear is more in what I am sure will be a very busy few days of news coverage.

Turkish security teams fanned out across the Turkish capital Ankara today before the arrival of Pope Benedict XVI on his first visit to a predominantly Muslim country, where he faces public anger over his remarks on violence and Islam.

Before departing from Rome, the pontiff said he was embarking on a “trip of dialogue, brotherhood and reconciliation at this difficult moment in history".

Turkish police set up positions along the motorway leading to Ankara from the airport, where Turkish and Vatican flags waved in a light breeze.
Ireland on line

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hear is another paragraph from a pretty good article for those of you who wish to read it.

Turkey — a democratic Muslim country with a rigidly secular state — is at a pivot point. It is trying to navigate between the forces that want to pull it closer to Islam and the institutions that safeguard its secularism. Turkey’s pro-Islamic government is constrained by rules dictating secularism established by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Turkey’s revered founder.
new york times

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not really a surprising request from the Pope to Turkeys government, but still it is the news so I am posting it hear.

Politics has been the dominant feature of Pope Benedict XVI’s trip to Turkey, a vexing if inevitable distraction from his aim of applying pressure for more protection for the Christian minority.

The irony is that the pope, who has railed against secularism in Europe, is seeking conciliation with a determinedly secular state.

In all, 99 percent of Turkey’s 72 million people are Muslims — but the state goes to great lengths to ensure that religion is not a feature of the power structure.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am getting so tired of the middle east religious conflicts, the whole system over there is medieval and should have been left behind hundreds of years ago. The pope and other leaders should resign and look up to a much more brighter god than pulling eachother apart. When I think of muslims I see them as brainwashed capsules programmed to do there gods bidding by bowing and preaching or w/e in a mass. It's rediculous and so blunt. There the oblivious byproduct of Darkness.

7A

[edit on 29-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
double post ...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
I am getting so tired of the middle east religious conflicts, the whole system over there is medieval and should have been left behind hundreds of years ago. The pope and other leaders should resign and look up to a much more brighter god than pulling eachother apart. When I think of muslims I see them as brainwashed capsules programmed to do there gods bidding by bowing and preaching or w/e in a mass. It's rediculous and so blunt. There the oblivious byproduct of Darkness.

ayreon,
Well that was very straight forward post. I don't think any could ever accuse you of beating around the bush when it comes to getting you point across. I do think I will agree it principle with what you are saying, but I do want to make one point. When you said you see Muslims as brainwashed. There may be a lot of evidence to that, specially with the extremists, but I also want to say that is what OBL says about the western people.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

7A

The Muslims are a product of darkness?
You have it all wrong buddy.
Yes the Muslims bow and pray 5 times a day, the first time at daybreak, when the sun is about to rise.

Now lets compare them to Judaism and Christianity.

Both worship not the sunRISE but the sunSET.
So obviously they welcome the darkness.

And what kind of language would those who worship darkness develop?
Well the Hebrew alphabet is known as the 'flame alphabet', every letter has a wisp of flame ... check it out.

Who has their arsenal of weapons poised and pointed toward the mid-east...
Who seems to be following the script we find in 'scripture'?

You have it ALL wrong...the Judaeo Christians want to turn everyone's lights out.
The Jews and Christians worship darkness.

namaste

Raphael

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kachina
Yes the Muslims bow and pray 5 times a day, the first time at daybreak, when the sun is about to rise.

Sorry for pointing it at only muslims, I meant all religions including Judaism and Christianity. The real god up there doesn't demand or want repent, bowing, fear of god, or countless hours of praying and the whole works. As for beginning there ceremonies during the dawn of day doesn't mean they are invited good faith. The sun itself is worshiped by satanic cultists, because the very essense of the sun is false and artificial.

P.S

As for me even mentioning the pope and religious leaders to resign, hah. There not even human anymore there bodys are putrid consumed and possesed by annunaki.

7A

[edit on 30-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7AyreonThe real god up there...

References please 1) that god is real 2)there is a place where this is the case

The sun itself is worshiped by satanic cultists, because the very essense of the sun is false and artificial.

Again, references please 1)definition of satanic cultists and 2)qualities of the essence of the sun

there bodys are putrid consumed and possesed by annunaki.

References please 1)accuracy of your diagnosis and 2)definition of annunaki

You are on the 13th page on November 31st. I have found you out

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Matyas,

I assume you are atheist, you question me as though I have to prove god exists and is your only line of toppling anyone believing in god. You must not be open minded if you actually question everything I say. It is sad that you do not understand that Religion is the sponsor of Darkness. How? It's all common sense. Sum it all up, a real god up there does not want or demand repent, statues, bowing, counless hours of prayor and anything so overly dramatized. That isn't an all loving god. An evil god want's statues built and large numbers to worship him and to assimilate hundreds if not thousands into such. That word is heavy. Jesus came here to bring truth, not to convert people. Religion is a sponsor, it's plain and simple. Darkness rules this artificial universe, Darkness owns it, we aren't in the middle of it, we're in hell as it is. If you find a wide open path that is easy, well really its to easy to be true, especially having faith in a religion. The way to the light, is a narrow path, always, it's never easy. Darkness makes it seem easy, so you can obliviously walk into a trap. Darkness has his hands wide open to finally grasp you. Than again, the path is narrow!

7A

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Jesus Christ (an actual True-Light being who came to Earth, and the leader of all truth warriors in the False Realm) had his name hijacked by the Reptilians. They used him as a character in their perverted, brainwashing bestseller entitled "The Bible." For disinformational and metaphysical reasons, the Reptilians decided to use the name of the actual True-Light leader for their fictional "son of God" character.

"The Reptilians hijacked the Message of Jesus and created a religion with Him as its figurehead. The Jesus in the Christian faith bears little resemblance to Jesus the Messenger of the True Light. In short, Christianity is a Reptilian-sponsored religion...Thomas Paine denounced the 'divine right of kings' in his time and exposed Christianity as another form of sun worship" (Amitakh Stanford, "The Revised Anunnaki Protocols - The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion").

Sun worship existed long before Christianity. Unfortunately, Christians are too brainwashed to realize that Christianity is just another sun worship religion. "Son" = "Sun".

It's common sense. Unlock your metal doors.
www.truthism.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ok...am i the only one who finds it odd that the pope criticizes the muslims for being violent, and they in turn, order his death?

I mean... is he wrong?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kachina
The Muslims are a product of darkness?
You have it all wrong buddy.

Now lets compare them to Judaism and Christianity.

Both worship not the sunRISE but the sunSET.
So obviously they welcome the darkness.

Well, I dunno about any of my fellow Christians, but I worship all the time. Not at any particular time. I don't do a lot of ceremonious stuff to do my worshipping. I simply pray whenever I want to. Oh, and just to clarify, I don't worship the sunRISE or the sunSET, nor do I worship the darkness. I worship one God, the God of the New Testament.

Who has their arsenal of weapons poised and pointed toward the mid-east...
Who seems to be following the script we find in 'scripture'?

Well that's kind of a one-sided question, now isn't it?

You have it ALL wrong...the Judaeo Christians want to turn everyone's lights out.
The Jews and Christians worship darkness.

namaste

Raphael

Think whatever you like, but let me assure you that I, as a Christian, am not interested in putting anyone's lights out. I merely want what's best for everyone.

For either of you to have such a narrow view of the other means that neither of you knows anything about the other's culture, or the intents of the actual people that truly represent the peoples that we're speaking of. I sincerely hope, for the sake of everyone reading today, that we take stock of this kind of bantering, and remember that it's these types of divisions that make the world the place that it is right now. We need to come to a middle-ground, some kind of concensus, where we can say, "Look, we've come here to try and make a genuine attempt at peace. You wanna try and be friends, regardless of our beliefs?" Then, maybe, just maybe, we could begin the long process of getting over this secular division nonsense.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
ok...am i the only one who finds it odd that the pope criticizes the muslims for being violent, and they in turn, order his death?

I mean... is he wrong?

Spliff
What the pope made the speech about was some history from the fourteenth century.

In a speech Tuesday, the pope quoted from a book recounting a conversation between 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and an educated Persian on the truths of Islam and Christianity.

"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," the pope said.

"He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

Clearly aware of the delicacy of the issue, Benedict said "I quote" twice before pronouncing the phrases on Islam and described them as "brusque," while neither explicitly agreeing with nor repudiating them.

As to weather or not he was wrong you may check the sources of written history if you like. Ordering his death or killing the sixty five year old nun, which did happen, I hope you will not think is an acceptable response to the speech with a quote from a historical figure.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
TheBorg,

If your in christianity, you must understand that this religion is just another sun worship. Though it was than, I am not sure if it is now, but from a valuable source of mine, it says so that christians are too brainwashed to realize it.

But I don't know about it either, its a source. Nothing I really truly believe, but I just thought I'd ensure you have an eye for such possibilitys.

Xee-A-Twelve (Amikitah)

Jesust the Rescuer:
www.xeeatwelve.com...

Jesus the Spiritual Warrior
www.xeeatwelve.com...

7A

[edit on 1-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by spliff4020

I mean... is he wrong?

Spliff
What the pope made the speech about was some history from the fourteenth century.

In a speech Tuesday, the pope quoted from a book recounting a conversation between 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and an educated Persian on the truths of Islam and Christianity.

as "brusque," while neither explicitly agreeing with nor repudiating them.

As to weather or not he was wrong you may check the sources of written history if you like. Ordering his death or killing the sixty five year old nun, which did happen, I hope you will not think is an acceptable response to the speech with a quote from a historical figure.

no no no no....I was paraphrasing him. And I think you missed my point. Ancient history or today. The man says that it is a violent religion, and they in turn, order his death. A bit ironic. I mean, I agree with the pope here.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join