It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you Vote in your Primary Election if not why not

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Here's something from the Florida State Department:

Source: Division of Elections, Florida Department of State
election.dos.state.fl.us...

Now that makes sense. It was the way you were explaining it and what confused me was when you said Republican Ballot and there is no such animal. A ballot is a ballot with one party on the right and one party on the left, just as they described it, which means both parties would use the same ballots.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's something that could help! These are from Miami-Dade County, but they demonstrate what I was trying to point out:

Miami Dade Republican Primary Ballot:
elections.miamidade.gov...

Miami Dade Democratic Primary Ballot:
elections.miamidade.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Here's something that could help! These are from Miami-Dade County, but they demonstrate what I was trying to point out:

Sure does and not what I expected but you are right you do have party ballots which we do not have. Here all candiates are on one ballot and you have to follow the instructions and not vote for any other party during a primary that is.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It sure makes it a lot easier - Florida doesn't have the best reputation lately of having smart/sharp voters
I know it was a general election and not a primary, but it was curious back in 2000 when some 200,000 people of the Elderly, and almost entirely Jewish, Century Village cast their ballots for Pat Buchanan!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is what ours look like. It is in PDF formate so you need adobe Reader to open.

www.galerep.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I couldn't too much stuff in my life. I plan to vote in November through like I have the last few years.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Critics contend that same-day registration will lead to greater voter fraud.

That's amazing that you can register at the polling place the day of the election.

My state allows same day registration. Can I ask the reason for the two statements above?

I had moved from one precinct to another since the last election; I was required to re-register. They asked for picture ID plus proof of residency. I hadn't brought a utility bill, so I had to sign an affidavit.

So why is same-day registration odd?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They just added that law this past year. But I'm already registered for this year. So I'm not too worried.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Critics contend that same-day registration will lead to greater voter fraud.

That's amazing that you can register at the polling place the day of the election.

My state allows same day registration. Can I ask the reason for the two statements above?

I had moved from one precinct to another since the last election; I was required to re-register. They asked for picture ID plus proof of residency. I hadn't brought a utility bill, so I had to sign an affidavit.

So why is same-day registration odd?

jsobecky, the only reason I found it odd was because I apparently mistakenly believed that all states required prior-registration and voter-registration cards. As you've seen in the little volley betwen Shots and myself, we both apparently have pretty different primary voting systems (Wisconsin and Florida.) Since at least 2000 (my first age-eligible election) residents of my state were required to have voter-registration cards on them when they voted (register circa a month prior.) From all I've read, heard, observed, and experienced one cannot register here at the day of the election. It just appears to be a difference in states.

silly typo, said "registered", instead of "register."

[edit on 20-9-2006 by AlphaHumana]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join