It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would the world be any better if only women were in charge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i've heard allot of talk recently about women vs. men. but lets say women were exclusively in charge of all governments and decisions that affect us nationally. what difference would there be in the world we live in?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Simple, wars would start every month, leadersd wouldn't talk to each other, and when america nukes russia the american president would tell the Russian president " I think you know why"!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Beat me to it ThinksYouAreAnIdiot. But, seriously, women can be just as cruel as men....so I think there'd be little to no difference. If Hillary would get elected, do you really think we'd stop warring with other countries? Doubt it.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
F*%K Politics. Let's have an American Idol Election. The candidates spend a few months auditioning, and then the voters narrow it down to two hopefuls. And then they debate live, and the winner wins.

AAC

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A female leader would be scared to press the red button..

not due to the threat of a nuclear holocaust, but incase she breaks her nail in the process

*s'n-word's*

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd cite the Drow experience of society, but most people wouldn't know what I'm talking about
Also, in high posts some times it seems to me that women can be asymmetrically harsh because they don't want to be thought of as "a weak woman" - if all leaders were women would this all go away? I doubt it, you still have the issue of physical strength to overcome. Men are physically stronger than women - it's a cold hard fact that you won't be able to get around, as well as the male mentality that is fueled by such a physical advantage. If you look at the females at the top of any industry/endeavor they seem almost to be asexual and hardly the "warm mother" types.

It's kind of like a "sure, let's let the world have only female leaders - as long as "they" start it first.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You're talking another species. Humankind has evolved as it has because of its very nature. Women might rise to power eventually, but it will only be so long as there is sufficient technology to sustain such. The "liberation" of women is directly related to the rise in technology. When technology fails, things will return to the old order.

You can read about it here.

[edit on 2006/9/15 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join