It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we ever create a wormhole??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Do you think its possible for us to create a wormhole allowing us to travel to another galaxy??
Maybe this is how Aliens visit us, maybe they create a wormhole to travel here

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A wormhole only allows us to travel quickly in our own space-time continuum. If you can access the other 7 dimensions of string-theory, you may not need a worm-hole to get from point A to point B.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not with the power sources we've got!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think "wormhole" is the wrong term.
The trick is to create a corridor outside of the dimension of space/time . i think this has already been done
starting in the 30s with the experiments by Tesla
and Einstein collaborating in their best known
project the "Philadelphia Experiment" which im shure wasnt abandoned.........

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Have we proven that worm holes actually exist? Is there any online documentation on it? I would say before we can create a worm hole, we would have to understand how its created. The side effects of creating one the wrong way could be catastrophic.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My opinion is if we create one, the first time it would probably be by acciendent, say something flying at the right speed, a certain wavelength of light being fired at a certain place, ect, ect.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Actually, I've always thought the theory where they have an "Outpost" on the dark side of the moon was more plausible.

Could we make a wormhole? I'm more concerned about whether you could actually survive going through one. Everyone talks about light-speed travel and such, but no one thinks about what would happen to the human body during such a trip.

We'd probably send some "Test monkeys" through the wormhole first, and they'd come back out the other side evolved and then take over our planet, Ala planet of the apes.

Wait....I like this idea.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Use your mind 100% and you can go anywhere u want to go...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Do you think its possible for us to create a wormhole allowing us to travel to another galaxy??

I have a theory that aliens may come from a planet in trojan relationship and use the suns gravatational field to speed up their ships. The wormhole theory is another interesting one, some say there is a wormhole leading to Andromeda. I don't think a wormhole could be that long but prehaps to a nearby system is a definate possibility. They may also use a "Jump Gate" similar to that as described in The Mote in Gods Eye, a novel by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. I like the "Gate" theory, it works and is very possible to move around the galaxy with very little time as the gates take "Tranfinate" time....basically instantanious but it feels like a lifetime. Anyone who's read it would know what i'm talking about and they may be able to explain it better than I.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Did somebody watch "Sliders" Today???

It was on SciFi all day.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As I recall correctly, it takes a great deal of gravity to make a wormhole. A black hole could be a wormhole already. Wormholes are predicted as naturally occurring but I doubt man would be able to harness gravit as it is a function of mass, something we are feeble with in the greater scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herder
A black hole could be a wormhole already.

Black holes are normally neutron stars that have collapsed to the point where gravity is so strong even light can't escape......so if you want to fly a ship into one go ahead....if you survive the event horizon from turning everything around you into anti matter let me know ok.
Black the movie was just that....a movie

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Is it possible to create wormholes that leads from one dimension to another?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Worm Holes are mathematically acceptable in some instances. They very well may exist. Dont count on us having access to them any time in this millenium. On a side note. The several dimensions in string theory are accessable to us. We just dont realize them. (If I understand them correctly). Basically the idea is that they are simply not noticeable or relavent, but still exist. An example I remember was a garden hose. There is three dimensional space on any point on the garden hose. There is also the dimension of the diameter of the hose which the three dimensions rest somewhere...making 4. I think that was just an example to help me understand it. I am curious though to what they actually are and how to understand them better. (I know what I just said about them was based on little information).

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Apparently worm holes exist on the planck level, which is very small 10^-34 (or something). I was reading a book on time travel and the guy said you would basically need to utilise the gravity of stars to enlarge one for something to pass through it. So it would be quite a large feat.
And that's if they exist in the first place, things that small just can't be measured with our scienctific instruments. It's all just theory at the moment.

I much prefer the idea of higher dimensions.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Apparently the sun and other stars are believed to be portals (annother form of worm hole I guess).

Not sure how you would enter it, at the speed of light?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Any more information on that neo?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If it was the year 1900, and I told you that before 2000, we'd have put a man on the moon, you would have said it was impossible....

In any case, I believe that the wormhole generation idea/gravitic manipulation drive, seems to be the most plausible explaination of alien space travel. Take Lazar for instance....(sure I know, disinfo agent, flake, whatever), but I believe he was on the right track when he spoke of how these things work...tapping into, and amplifying the gravity waves that hold atoms together, and using them to warp space/time between two points....

top topics

join