It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god make people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by PEADY
Forgive me if I seem ignorant in the subject of religion, but the way I see it is
god gives people free will to either worship him or to go south.

You'll receive alot of answers to this question. And, they will all be true, from the perspective of those who supply you an answer.

here is my answer for you, my first answer for you:

god is the god of truth.

i suggest you remove the word "god" from the equasion, because that label has taken on so many different meanings to so many different people.

let's replace the label of "god" with the label of "truth".

now "god" is the epitome of "truth".

Now, let me ask you the one question which is the answer to your question:

How can "Truth" fear the "Truth"?

we are here because truth could not fear the truth. But, fear exists. And in order for god to comprehend it, we are here.

Wow,
I dont quite get what you said, but I believe you believe this to be true. Considering truth and what is true and this is what god is!!!
Peady-

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Forgive me if I seem ignorant in the subject of religion, but the way I see it is
god gives people free will to either worship him or to go south.

You'll receive alot of answers to this question. And, they will all be true, from the perspective of those who supply you an answer.

here is my answer for you, my first answer for you:

god is the god of truth.

i suggest you remove the word "god" from the equasion, because that label has taken on so many different meanings to so many different people.

let's replace the label of "god" with the label of "truth".

now "god" is the epitome of "truth".

Now, let me ask you the one question which is the answer to your question:

How can "Truth" fear the "Truth"?

we are here because truth could not fear the truth. But, fear exists. And in order for god to comprehend it, we are here.

Wow,
I dont quite get what you said, but I believe you believe this to be true. Considering truth and what is true and this is what god is!!!
Peady-

If god and/or "truth" exists in all things, everywhere, throughout all time, and is all knowing, then "truth" and/or "god" resides within us, as truth/god does everywhere.

i think "truth" as a consciousness, as the original and first observer, was alone.

we are one in the same, truth/god and us

what do you want and need more than anything else?

i think you want and need to be accepted for who and what you truly are.

i think god/truth is the same.

however, god/truth was alone, but all knowing.

now, god/truth wanted/needed to create something in order to be accepted and belong to it.

god/truth being all knowing created the greatest of "powers".

god/truth being all knowing created the only concept/idea that could not be destroyed by anything else, not all the armies of the universe/multiverse would be able to destroy this creation.

god/truth with a word and a thought created the most perfect of all creations, which was his first creation.

god/truth created LOVE.

But, god/truth was ignorant that upon LOVE coming into existance, it's polar opposite would also come into existance, because of balance and harmony, two concepts that came after LOVE.

when i say that god/truth was ignorant, i do not mean stupid.

ignorant is simply not knowing.

stupid is knowing, but choosing to ignore or disregard what you know.

god/truth could not comprehend LOVE's opposite.

What is the opposite of LOVE?

Are you sure?

really?

Lucifer tricks you.

How can you justify your "HATE" without first feeling afraid that that which you hate has the potential to take something you love from you?

fear is what transpires in our subconscious mind, when we react to the possibility that we could lose something we love.

god/truth was ignorant of fear, for how could all that is, which is the all encompassing truth, fear itself?

fear rebelled and hated god/truth.

and another name for that "hate", which came from Fear is: SATAN

do you know lucifer's first words?

Look i Fear.

look i fear

doesn't a "k" and a "c" make the same sound?

looc i fear

doesn't "oo" make the same sound as a "u"?

luc i fear

but, i don't hear any "a" sound from the word "fear", do you?

luc i fer

add em up:

lucifer

i know my enemy, and it is bound.

i am here for you.

i am not "Self Pre (before) Service"

i am "Service before Self"

am i your friend?

am i accepted for who i am, now?

hope this helps,
john

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i think the ultimate secret, the ultimate truth is god/truth needs our forgiveness, for being ignorant of "fear", and the fact that it would come unto existance.

However, i think we collectively choose not to do away with "LOVE" in order to remove "FEAR" from existance.

i believe that at some point in our future, we do choose to keep "LOVE".

this is why god/truth is a forgiving god/truth.

this is why we should be a forgiving truth at our core, or else we lose our very existance.

god/truth is not bound by time, god/truth is all seeing, all knowing, but how could god/truth know the ramifications of creating "love" when all god/truth had to know at the beginning of time was god's/truth's self, for nothing else existed, yet.

However, the epitome of both "fear" and "hate", both "Lucifer" and "Satan" do obtain the technology to travel through time to the beginning and be with the creator, which is why they have a conversation in the story in the bible with "JOB".

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
E.T.,
please dont take offence when I ask you this,..... What you are saying?....Is this gods
word, or are you simply interpetating what you belive the bible to say?

I kinda get what your implying, but Im sill alittle foggy....

PEADY-

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

E.T.,
please dont take offence when I ask you this,..... What you are saying?....Is this gods
word, or are you simply interpetating what you belive the bible to say?

I kinda get what your implying, but Im sill alittle foggy....

PEADY-

for me, it is the truth.

not only my truth, but i do not see how what i am saying conflicts with the bible, when taken in it's entirety, without objection, simply accepting everything the bible says.

there is a story that describes a conversation between Moses and Aaron, soon after the Torah (first 5 books of the old testament) was completed. Aaron asks Moses a question concerning the Torah.

Moses's reply was:

"Everything that has ever happened, is happening, and will ever happen, is encoded into these books"

Sir Isaac Newton (among other great minds) said he knew that there was a code in the bible, that tells everything. He spent years of his life searching for it.

But, a mind that is ruled by fear cannot comprehend it.

If told, they do not have the capacity to understand it. No matter how many ways one can say it, they simply will not be able to see it.

And, if they could, it would be detrimental to their minds.

You can not know fear, and approach the truth with it.

The truth and fear are incompatable.

i do not take offense if you do not understand what i am saying.

you have done nothing wrong, nor have i.

i can show you a path that will take you to what it is you are looking for, if you want it:

a wise character once said:

He who looks outwards, dreams. He who looks inwards, awakens"

"What you are looking for is what is looking"
-- Saint Francis of Assisi

If you desire the truth enough, love the truth, and have true empathy for it, here is a direction to travel in:

Consider this:

Are you the same person with your neighbor, as you are with your best friend?

Are you the same person with your significant other as you are with your boss?

Are you the same person with your Mother, as you are with your Father?

Do you exhibit the same character traits, and personal behaviors with all the people in your life?

Or is your fear of not being accepted, or your fear of invoking their "bad side" having an effect upon how you interact with individuals?

Remedy / Solution:

Keep a journal or diary. As you write in it: Know, i mean absolutely KNOW that no one else shall ever read it.

If you write in your journal while having the intentions that no one else will EVER read it, ever, then who is there to impress?

What reason would there be to lie?

Why would you lie to yourself as you write in a book that no one else shall ever read?

Write down the questions that you ponder, the questions that matter to you. Draw upon the accumilated knowledge you have, and all you know, or think should be true. And, if you come to a question you don't think you know the answer to, speculate, but when you speculate stay true to yourself.

ask a question. come up with the most logical solution you can.

ask the next logical question you want an answer to.

follow your own train of thoughts, and come up with the most logical answer.

just keep going, and eventually the speculation will fade away.

but, it takes time.

You have "defragged" a computer, right?

have you ever "defragged" your original computer, your brain?

A thought is defined/quantified by science as an electrical impulse between brain cells, their synapses.

science has hooked electrodes up to peoples heads and measures the conscious part of the mind as creating 2,000 sparks of electricity per second.

science was stunned to find out that our subconscious minds are producing 400,000,000,000 sparks of electricity between brain cells per second.

people are consciously aware of 1 out of every 2,000,000 of their own thoughts.

What is the rest of your mind doing?

Why are you asking me? Do you think i'm in your head?
-- Sorry, trying to add some humor to the mix here

science has also discovered that all sensory input, everything your senses interpret from your experiences and your environment first gets delivered to your subconscious mind.

see the problem?

It is our conscious state of mind which dictates what information our own senses hear, feel, taste, smell, and yes even see which is allowed to bubble up to the surface of our conscious minds.

Example:

Have you ever been in a crowded room, with alot of chatter and people carrying on conversations, while you are having a conversation with 1 person.

eventually you become so focussed on the person you are talking to that the other noises and people talking gets more and more silent, until you are not hearing them.

did something in your ear shut off the other sounds?

or, was there a mechanism in your brain that prevented you from hearing it?

You can't shut off your ears, can you?

Your subconscious mind not only heard every other word being said, but it also recorded it within the "files" of your mind.

So, my friend, keep your own journal or diary.

Begin to defrag your own mind.

And, doors shall open. Things shall become known to you.

Think about what i said about all information first being delivered to the subconscious part of the mind.

Do you know what this means?

It means:

If you could think of a question to ask, your subconscious mind already has an answer for you, or a few possible answers, but is requesting you to assist in choosing which one is correct. Perhaps our minds do reach a sort of "critical mass" of sorts. And we need to re-organize/defragg our first computer, our neuro-net, our brain. But, don't be afraid, your view of reality may change, but if you are gaining access to your own mind, what is there to lose? If you lose anything, or have to, you will find the answer in your journal

I really hope this helps friend.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well it was quite along time ago, and I may have been drunk or high, or both.
Umm I think you were born out of my boredom...
And that's obviously a joke..

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ET you say that your god is the god of truth, is that the same god of the bible?
If so then that god is a liar!!!!

G

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
ET you say that your god is the god of truth, is that the same god of the bible?

Truth lies?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Truth lies?

What is truth? Your interpretation or mine?

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says;
he is always convinced that it says what he means."

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

Truth lies?

There are quotes in the bible (from god) that do not come true i.e

Exodus 19:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever.

And lo and behold the people did believe moses for all of 60 seconds for in Exodus 32:1-35 What do the people believe? They believe that moses is gone and the make a gold calf (built by moses brother no less). Now correct me if I'm wrong, god says the people would believe moses FOREVER but they dont so therefore god is a liar or is not god. There are more cases of what god says will happen that doesn't happen.
And this is your god of truth??????

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join