It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another Iraq report situation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

bbc

The UN nuclear watchdog has protested to the US government over a report on Iran's nuclear programme, calling it "erroneous" and "misleading".
In a leaked letter, the IAEA said a congressional report contained serious distortions of the agency's own findings on Iran's nuclear activity.

The IAEA also took "strong exception" to claims made over the removal of a senior safeguards inspector.

The IAEA said the letter was sent to "set the record straight on the facts".

"This is a matter of the integrity of the IAEA and its inspectors," spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said in a statement.

is the US goverment trying to use the same trick again to go into Iran by falsifying and manipulating findings in Iran? to further their agenda?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well I sat down when the Iraq UN inspection findings to prove the MWDs threat, but for the life of me I could not understand most of their language in references of what maybe and and could be and was not.

Sometimes what it works once may not work twice and to tell you the true I see the whole Iran affair and their nuclear program been played just like in Iraq.

Money moves the world and people can be bought to said about anything for agendas.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
money moves the world and people can be bought to said about anything for agendas.

reminds me of my grandfather told me

"back in my days it was men making money
now its money making men"

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just for the record:

-We did find WMd's in iraq. There are hundres of rockets and missles in iraq that are against not allowed under previouse UN agreements. These rockets contained substaces that are with out a doubt WMD's (nerve gas, mustard gas, and even serin gas) No these are not Nukes mut they are none the less WMD's.

My question is... Do we wait to be attacked again or does the government do its job and protect the people of America? As far as i can tell you all would rather see us attacked again to which thousands of people will die.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrondoc
Just for the record:

-We did find WMd's in iraq. There are hundres of rockets and missles in iraq that are against not allowed under previouse UN agreements. These rockets contained substaces that are with out a doubt WMD's (nerve gas, mustard gas, and even serin gas) No these are not Nukes mut they are none the less WMD's.

My question is... Do we wait to be attacked again or does the government do its job and protect the people of America? As far as i can tell you all would rather see us attacked again to which thousands of people will die.

Just for the record:
Iraq has never attacked U.S Soil. You sold them them those weapons back in the day. Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11.

Do you understand?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's funny how I can't stop thinking that had the first Gulf War never happened, the United States would still view Saddam Hussein as an ally in the war on terror, much the same way our government views the government of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. In fact, we'd probably be sending him money and weapons. An interesting paradox, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
chrondoc-

Those were weapons that had been sitting since 1991 or so. The agents were dead or almost completely ineffective, and the materials were corroded.

Think about this for a moment: if those weapons were a threat, this would have major MAJOR .lines, because it would have proven the administration's initial reason to send us to war. But this was only quietly released into the public sector, again because these were pre-Gulf War munitions that were simply kaput.

The answer to protecting Americans isn't by playing international cop; it's having elected officials in office that truly care more about this country than serving their own agenda, officials that serve us instead of police us.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
LOL...WMD's....i've read so many posts from different threads now saying "well WMD's are WMD's and we found some so there!" have you been so conditioned to think in 3second sound bytes that you never think of the meaning behind such popular US propaganda lingo? People yelling liberty and freedom as their response for why its ok that their rights are being taken away...i mean WMD;s stand for weapons of mass destruction.....15yr old munitions with barely active if any active residual mustard and sarin gas will NOT cause MASS DESTRUCTION....furthermore...the scare tactic behind WMD's used by curious george and his friends were that they "could attack america anytime with almost no warning". so the CIA flies to iraq, picks up these "WMD's", then flies back, upgrade them so they u know work, then fires them at their own US population from their security blimps there is NO CHANCE of those thing ever "destroying" anyone. The only WMD's being used in the middle east is the US military men and women, they are the weapons that have destroyed masses of civilians and civilian infrastructure

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I understand that they where not "NEW" weapons, but under international law (U.N.) he was not allowed these materials. It does not say he can't have "new weapons" but the old one are ok. Also the point that we gave the weapons to saddam, we gave them to him so he could defend himself, not so he could wipe out whole towns of CIVILIANS.

I think that it is disapointing that the reasons we went to Iraq was based on false information,, however, that does not mean that Saddam is a victum. He was a horrible human and the "international Communtiy" IS better off with out him. He did have weapons that he was not allowed, he was a mass murderer, Dictator, and was constantly violating "no-fly" zones in Iraq pre-war. If there is no less violence in iraq, now then before the war it is still better, atleast its FREEDOME they are fighting for. Im disapointed to be a part of a world that has gotten so in to "details" that they cant possibly see the simple truth of the matter. That WE the Americans, the Brits, italians Austrailians, and spanish are truely fighting for the good of humanity, a world where if you intentionally kill innocent civilians it will be the last mistake you make. A world where the international community will think of what American has done for them already, not what WE are going to do for them in the future (selfish bastards). American is the land of the free, and that is what the world should fight for, FREEDOME from Terror.

[edit on 27-9-2006 by chrondoc]

new topics

top topics

join