It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA: U.S. report on Iran's nuclear plan 'outrageous and dishonest'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

IAEA: U.S. report on Iran's nuclear plan 'outrageous and dishonest'

UN inspectors have protested to the U.S. government and a Congressional committee about a report on Iran's nuclear work, calling parts of it "outrageous and dishonest," according to a letter obtained by Reuters.

The letter said the errors suggested Iran's nuclear fuel program was much more advanced than a series of IAEA reports and Washington's own intelligence assessments have determined.

IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said: "We felt obliged to put the record straight with regard to the facts on what we have reported on Iran. It's a matter of the integrity of the IAEA."

More...

I found this interesting considering what Bush had to say about the IAEA in a recent interview with Matt Lauer:

Lauer: "...to the accuracy of intelligence, especially after Iraq, do you have a smoking gun? Do you have a firm piece of evidence that proves to you and could prove to the American people that the Iranians, indeed, are enriching uranium for weapons purposes, not for peaceful purposes?"

Bush: "Well I think the most compelling evidence was that which is found by the IAEA, which is international inspection body that there was evidence of an enrichment program going on outside the protocol that the Iranians agreed to."

Source.

So much for his compelling evidence or smoking gun.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nice 1 Loam worth pointing out everytime. US propaganda is LAME as people around the world these days thanks to 'dr strangelove' bush see right through it.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Dont surprise me.
After all we went to Iraq based on a couple of flimsy pages with false info.
This guy (bush) has already pushed enough buttons, he should stop while he still has an America.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Source.

Something like that anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I do not really see the issue here. The UN always disagrees with many of the things the US says and does. How is that being dishonest? I see it as a disagreement.

bih

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
damn USA and the lies

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This thread might be more honest if it included the IAEA report in question. Read it and see if it sheds some light on the subject.

PDF Report

Item 29 kind of sums it up.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Agreed Phoenix.

Another step toward honest reporting would be to include the House report PDF that the IAEA calls Outrageous and Dishonest.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wish the IAEA had detailed exactly how the House report is "outrageous and dishonest."

I read the most recent IAEA article, and am currently reading through the House Report. I think the House Report is remarkeably open-minded; the IAEA's report was, in my opinion, filled with foreboding and all sorts of implications about what inspectors weren't allowed investigate.

In fact, the house report contains this extremely interesting phrase:

Although it is likely that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, there is the possibility that Iran could be engaged in a denial and deception campaign to exaggerate progress on its nuclear program such as Saddam Hussein apparently did concerning his WMD programs.
emphasis added by dr_s.

I have speculated on other threads at ATS that Saddam was pretending to have WMD, not to frighten the US; but to impress his own military leaders, who had begun to question his foreign policy of antagonism to the US during the Clinton years.

[Mod Edit: Fixed quote close tag]

[edit on 2006-9-15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I wish the IAEA had detailed exactly how the House report is "outrageous and dishonest."

I read the most recent IAEA article, and am currently reading through the House Report. I think the House Report is remarkeably open-minded; the IAEA's report was, in my opinion, filled with foreboding and all sorts of implications about what inspectors weren't allowed investigate.

In fact, the house report contains this extremely interesting phrase:

Although it is likely that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, there is the possibility that Iran could be engaged in a denial and deception campaign to exaggerate progress on its nuclear program such as Saddam Hussein apparently did concerning his WMD programs.
emphasis added by dr_s.

I have speculated on other threads at ATS that Saddam was pretending to have WMD, not to frighten the US; but to impress his own military leaders, who had begun to question his foreign policy of antagonism to the US during the Clinton years.

[Mod Edit: Fixed quote close tag]

[edit on 2006-9-15 by wecomeinpeace]

Dr. Obeidi - Saddam's chief Nuclear Scientist stated Saddam was using the Nuclear Program "threat" more to influence schemes like "oil for food"...I think his perspective makes more sense than yours.

join