It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

compare your aircraft with soviet tu-22m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
hey......hi......
sorry for my unmature thred of " bomber aircraft"

now tell me or post....here......

which aircraft u like to compare with Tu-22m (backfire)...........

my answer is no one ....... Tu-22m (backfire) is uncompareble bomber aircraft......

m i right????????

post your opinion here

[edit on 14-9-2006 by bhargav]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I woz finking dat u cud uz sum propa inglish cus it mite mke mre senz.

Jensy

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Geez, I had more trouble understanding you, jensy. Consider the fact that many posters here have English as a second language.

Let's either stay on topic or don't bother posting

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nothing is comparable

How about the XB-70 Valkyrie which is superior when you consider it flew 5 years earlier and its top speed is mach 3 vs mach 2 of Tu22 and also has twice the service ceiling and only half the crew is needed

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The next generation of bombers is cooler anyway the like Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack and the B1.

Tu160

B1

[edit on 14-9-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
possibly, except I think that the Tu-22M is of more concern to the world than the XB-70, for obvious reasons.

I agree that the Backfire is 'incomparable', but that does not mean it is the best. I think it is incomparable as it is, as far as I know, the only supersonic 'medium' bomber, as opposed to a strategic heavy bomber in the old sense, ever to see front line service, (it is the 'Wellington' alongside the TU-160 as 'Lancaster' if you see what I mean) and in this respect I am considering the original Tu 22 as a borderline light bomber. Either way I don't think this class of aircraft has been put into service anywhere else in the world which would indeed make it incomparable.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Going by images alone, I reckon the Backfire comes out on top

Am I right in saying the Tu-22 and B-1 are opposites? Like MiG-15/F-86?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have to admit there is nothing on the same scale for a western counter that i can recall. but this aircraft carried weapons for anti shipping, anti radar, nuclear & conventional & also an ECM version (TU22MR). so the western aircraft of the time would be of the TSR2, Mirage IV & F111 heritage. but nothing comparable except a few paper aircraft perhaps.

Im guessing the original TU22 would have been the counter for the B58 hustler ?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
These type of threads are discouraged on ATS.

Please view this topped post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join