It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric passports starting in 2007 for Romania!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Biometric passports, which are to be introduced starting with the beginning of next year, are to take 20 days to be issued, both at central and local level, according to a release from the Interior Affairs Ministry.
Moreover, it is going to take three days to get such a passport if an emergency tax is paid.
The release also stated to make the transition from the old passports to the electronic ones easier, temporary passports valid only for one year, will also be issued in 2007.
Also, passports which are now being used are going to be valid until the expiry date written on them.
The new passports are going to include more safety elements, said the Interior minister, Vasile Blaga yesterday, pointing out that this is a European requirement.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by BentBucket]

mod edit: title caps

[edit on 14-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Romanians need to stand up & revolt over this. Crap this is gonna spread to Communist Canada. Thanx for being the guinnea pigs for the start to the mark of the beast.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Shows how all countries regardless of GDP are embracing technology so we can all be SAFE, SAFE , SAFE!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think I started a thread on these things. I've got pictures of the chip itself:

Computer chips in My Passport!

I think it's a bit late to revolt; we got them in Aust almost a year ago.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Its never to late to revolt!
Point is this is a global problem and every country in implementing the same tacticts to keep us safe and warm

Swoon

new topics

top topics

join