It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

serial killer confesses to 48 murders, the most in US history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031105/ap_on_re_us/green_river_killings_4&printer=1

Gary Ridgway, the former truck painter suspected of being the Green River Killer, went into court Wednesday and pleaded guilty to 48 murders, more than any other serial killer in U.S. history.

it's good that this guy is off the streets, but apparently he's been a suspect in the green river murders since 1984. ouch. he was arrested under the strength of DNA evidence, and confessed to avoid the death penalty. it's sad that this case had to wait 19 years to be solved.

edit: on second thought, H. H. Holmes was probably America's most prolific serial killer, with his estimated murders at around 133. (yes, really.) but, since that was in the late 1800s, the numbers really can't be substantiated at this late date. so 48 is the most confirmed murders by a US serial killer.

[Edited on 11/5/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The apartment complex I used to work at was where they found 4 of his victims, before it was a complex, it was kinda swampy.

Its been big news, they got all sorts of cops at the courthouse downtown, cuz they are afraid someone might kill him. Like that would be a bad thing?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They let a guy live just because he confesses to killing 48 women? What in god's name is this country coming to?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I read that. It said he was "remorseful"... but he simply sounded more factual than remorseful.

It's hard to understand how someone could hate or devalue life so much that it would be nothing at all to simply kill nearly 50 women. And I have to admit I found a little bit of irony in that he killed a number of them so he wouldn't have to pay for sex.

(I'm editing out comments about men who are so socially maladjusted that they have to pay for sex. But I did think it.)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(I'm editing out comments about men who are so socially maladjusted that they have to pay for sex. But I did think it.)

Why? I doubt you'll offend anyone.

On a similiar note, I've always believed Sex Offenders should be castrated. Not a very Liberal idea I know, but I've always beleived that if you did that, you would have a lot less rapists running around. Or at least, a lot more running around with stumps.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
True that, we could castrate 'em, good suggestion.

And the guys that have to pay for sex are the messed up ones, not all of us would pay for sex. Some of us consider it special and not to be taken lightly....just a thought for yall.

new topics

top topics

join