It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Trudeau's natural cures-real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Here's his site
www.naturalcures.com...

"Number one New York Times best-selling author, Kevin Trudeau, introduces his new book, More Natural Cures Revealed: The Previously Censored Brand Name Products That Cure Disease. This is previously censored material now available to the public. If you have allergies, arthritis, acid reflux, cancer, heart disease, lupus, back pain, sleep problems, sexual problems, suffer from depression, are overweight or have acne - all of these problems are addressed in the book, and the specific products and ways to cure these diseases are listed."

Here's the wiki of him
en.wikipedia.org...

"Kevin Mark Trudeau (born February 6, 1963) is an American entrepreneur, author, convicted felon, and television infomercial spokesperson.[1] He grew up in Lynn, Massachusetts. His news-style infomercials – broadcast frequently on late night TV in North America – have promoted a range of products, including health aids, dietary supplements (coral calcium), real estate investment strategies, and memory-improvement courses. In some cases, his marketing and business practices have resulted in fines from securities and trade regulators. His latest series of infomercials features his book Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About (ISBN 0-9755995-0-X). In it he makes unsubstantiated claims about the safety and health of our food supply, arguing that diseases such as cancer can be cured with naturopathic remedies. He likewise maintains that the pharmaceutical industry is actively suppressing these cures, so that they can continue to profit from their patented treatments."

Is some of his information true or false?
Also if you bought his book(s),how accurate was it?
I got a feeling he is telling some truth and lies.What do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
skepdic.com...

"Kevin Trudeau is the author of Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About. You may have seen him in infomercials where he claims, among many other questionable things, that you can't get cancer in alkaline cells and that cancer can be cured by changing the pH of the cancerous cells to alkaline. He has promoted Robert Barefoot in an infomercial touting the value of coral calcium and has erroneously claimed that a JAMA study on calcium showed that coral calcium had cured many cases of terminal cancer (Barrett 2004). Trudeau and Barefoot claim that coral calcium and alkaline water can neutralize blood acidity. However, Gabe Mirkin, M.D., warns:

Anyone who tells you that certain foods or supplements make your stomach or blood acidic does not understand nutrition.

You should not believe that it matters whether foods are acidic or alkaline, because no foods change the acidity of anything in your body except your urine. Your stomach is so acidic that no food can change its acidity. Citrus fruits, vinegar, and vitamins such as ascorbic acid or folic acid do not change the acidity of your stomach or your bloodstream. An entire bottle of calcium pills or antacids would not change the acidity of your stomach for more than a few minutes.

All foods that leave your stomach are acidic. Then they enter your intestines where secretions from your pancreas neutralize the stomach acids. So no matter what you eat, the food in the stomach is acidic and the food in the intestines is alkaline.

You cannot change the acidity of any part of your body except your urine. Your bloodstream and organs control acidity in a very narrow range. Anything that changed acidity in your body would make you very sick and could even kill you. (Mirkin 2003)"

www.consumeraffairs.com...

"September 10, 2004
Kevin Trudeau has been banned in Boston, and everywhere else in the U.S.

Trudeau has also agreed to pay $2 million to settle charges that he falsely claimed that a coral calcium product can cure cancer and other serious diseases and that a purported analgesic called Biotape can permanently cure or relieve severe pain."

Complaints from the consumers!
www.consumeraffairs.com...

"Cathy of Phoenix AZ (09/01/06)
For months, I've been intrigued by the Natural Cures infomercial. I noticed one night that Kevin was offering his original, Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About and then his second book, More Natural Cures, for free. Only pay shipping and handling. Well, I must admit, I was dumb. I fell for it. But, not the free book deal. I went to amazon and brought the new book and a used version of the first book. He leads (and I use this word strongly) you to get his book cause the secrets to everything good is in his book. Ok, so you get his book, then you find he won't give you the secrets. He keeps LEADING you to his website. Ok. So, I go to the website to get these secrets to good life."

[edit on 15-9-2006 by tormentor]

[edit on 15-9-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think the statements he says about the AMA, and the FDA are true. They are in kahoots, all of them, and it's all about money! If people had a cure and didn't need the meds.. then that would be money out of their pockets. No Meds for me....No Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I own the book as well as many others. I took a course that taught me to be a naturopathic consultant. I haven't taken so much as an aspirin in 22 years. It's all natural remedies for me and I find they work better.The term "antibiotic" means "anti"-against and "biotic"-life. Thats AGAINST LIFE people. Don't expect it to make you well.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Another thing I will add since the thread has been bumped

KT lures you in like a fine fisherman, but once you've purchased his book, or any of the upgraded versions, you will quickly find that he never really tells you how to cure anything. What he does tell you is to buy another book! What the Hell?? If I knew I was gonna have to buy 50 more books, then I never would have bought his book in the first place :bnghd:

Maybe this should be in the rant forum

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Do not order anything from this guy. He is a scam artist. He has even been charged with fraud and found guilty. Would you give you money to someone who has a criminal record? I made the mistake of ordering this book and I received absolutely nothing. It took them 3 months and then they said that the book was "lost in the mail" It took me even longer to get my refund back.

Check out this site and read about him defrauding over $122,000. There are 12 pages of court documents I am sure you will like to read. Again don't be foolish and order anything from him. He is a criminal.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Trudeau has also agreed to pay $2 million to settle charges that he falsely claimed that a coral calcium product can cure cancer and other serious diseases and that a purported analgesic called Biotape can permanently cure or relieve severe pain

Scumbuckets like that desearve to be..........

[edit on 3-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe you should look at it this way KT is going head to head with the FDA. I have no idea what is going on at the moment. Now what would you rather take something that is good for you or do you want the FDA continue to stuff pills down your throats? They are with cahoots with the Pharm companies. They don't give a hoot about us if they did there would have been earlier warnings on the petfood recalls. Sure I know Kevin broke the law before but he does give good advise. Natural is better then all this other junk.

The FDA is the crook here they put this warnings on vitimans not evaluated by the FDA this is not proven to cure or prevent disease. Only drugs can cure or prevent disease. What a load of poo. I think it causes more disease then helping. Listen to the drug ads on tv and see for yourself. Its sickening!! Of all the natural herbs thats grows naturally the fda have to put their grubby paws on it.

Sometimes just give people a chance.

[edit on 5/3/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I see what you are trying to say Leyla and I am all for natural cures. I am trying to point out that this guy has been charged with fraud many times. I am not debating if his natural cures are valid or not. I am trying to show to everyone out there that he is a criminal.

Who in their right mind would give their credit card number to this guy?

top topics

join