It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
According to the US, arabs and islamic extremists are terrorists. According to arab countries US is the terrorist who is destroying them one by one. Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon.

What is weapon of mass destruction. A weapon which can cause a hell lot of destruction.

Amount of people who died in iraq, afghanistan and lebanon is not even comparable to amount of people dead in 9/11.

Americans should experience a real war, then they will truly understand what WAR means.

I am from India but I lived all my life in Kuwait. I was 7 yrs old when Iraq attacked Kuwait. I lived in a small apartment with my parents and my 2 older brothers and an elder sister. We woke up on the morning of 2nd august to the sound of an explosion. We thought it could have been a thunder but it was just too loud and sounded too close. We woke up our parents. My dad assured us it was nothing and went off to work as usual. Half way to his workplace he was sent back home.

There were iraqi soldiers everywhere, people shooting, tanks going off, bombs being dropped. Iraq had attacked Kuwait and had pretty much taken control over it. My dad came home and told us of what we saw. We started panicking and my dad tried to contact his friends to see how we could get out of the country. Airport was closed off. We were scared to leave the apartment. We had heard on the news that Iraqi soldiers were taking yound males prisoners. Esp. young kuwait males. They were randomly going to people's houses and apartments and either just killing them or taking them prisoners.

One day an Iraqi soldier came to our house. He wanted to take my dad and elder bro prisoner. He wanted to take them away. My mom pleaded and begged him not too. She cried a lot and so did the rest of us. Somehow through some miracle he did felt pity or since we were not kuwaiti, he spared my dad and bro and assured us that no other soldier would come to our place. I wonder what would have happened if he had taken them prisoner that day. My life wudnt be the same.

My dad and his friend formed a convoy of cars and we left everything to leave the country by road. At first we were stopped at different borders but finally we were allowed to leave. We had to drive through different countries and live in tents. We were refugess for months. We stayed in small size tents and we slept on a thin cloth through which we wud feel the rocks poking all over our bodies. Occassionally the aid truck wud come by to drop off food for us.

My dad came back to kuwait couple of years later. He was a volunteer for the fire fighting team which was still trying to extinguish burning oil wells. My dad had to drive with his headlights on during the day because the smoke had filled the skies completely. The trees were black. He had to dodge land mines and dead bodies that were all over the place. Even to this day we get reports of people dying or getting injured because of land mines left over since the attack.

In short, think about the people US kills everyday. Bush and Israel have wiped out entire cities. Ppl cry abt 9/11 abut what abt the people being killed everyday. Entire cities getting wiped out. Americans should #ing stop supporting Bush. And ya US does not need to poke its nose in other countries business. People were much happier in afghanistan, iraq, and lebanon before US attacked them. Atleast they were alive, they had homes, and they could go out in the streets. Im so pissed off i cant even right anymore

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What is the point of your comments? On one hand you complain about the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. Next you talk about how America should mind it's own business. It was the U.S. and its arab allies that freed Kuwait, are you saying that Kuwait was better off under Iraqi control? What are the names of these cities that the U.S. and Israleis have wiped out? What is the point of this useless post?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Its funny saying that considering the US is the reason why you're still alive. If we didn't intervene, Saddam would have annexed Kuwait and sucked its resources dry for himself. What people are you talking about that we are killing? Afghanistan? They attacked us first, besides, the people we are killing are TABLIBAN. In Iraq, there wouldn't be thousands of death if the insurgency wouldn't kill the people. Look at the casualty accounts, about 70 have been killed by coalition forces so far this year while several thousands have been killed by the insurgency. If you're going to take the time ranting about someone, why the hell don't you condemn the insurgents and taliban?

[edit on 9/16/06 by pugachev]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The US might have helped Kuwait but it no way helped in saving my family or the families of our friends. We had to find our own way out and suffer for months before we got home.

My point was to say that it is very easy to go and invade a country. Its the people living in the country that have to suffer. And the ignorant people in US think that it is a good thing that US is invading these countries. And how do u know afghanistan attacked u? coz US media told u? and of all the attackers that US govrtnmrnt suspected for 9/11 not one was afghani. u r a very good example of the ignorant people living in the world.

Picture yourself in the city of war. what if u lived in iraq, afghanistan or lebanon. Who wud u be cursing? BUSH ofcourse. btw. what gives US right to interfere with any country?

And US media always describes terrorists as suspects. they r never confirmed, they r always 'suspects'. Iraq was 'suspected' of having WMD, but none were found and now the country is just rubble. And you cant see that the US government and media is just promoting hatred against middle east and islam just so that they can attack these countrised with some new excuse everytime. Just to control the oil and resources and to control the world eventually. open up ur ignorant minds for once. and ya....dont talk abt war unless you've been in one. I dont support Bush or saddam or osama, i hate them all. i just hate BUSH more because its very clear to what his real intentions r. and hes ready to kill thousands of people and destroy cities. and u were asking me what cities have been destroyed. just read the news.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If I were in Iraq, I would be cursing the insurgents; if I were in Afghanistan, I would be cursing the Taliban; and if I were in Lebanon I would be cursing Israel as well as Hezbollah. Mostly Hezbollah for starting the war.

You nor anyone else has any proof of the US stealing oil in Iraq. Oil prices have gone through the roof only now starting to go back down to $60 a barrel. That's still tripple the pre-war figure. With the hundreds of billions of dollars we've spent on this war don't you think we would have just bought the oil instead of starting a war "killing thousands" like you said. Or maybe with those hundreds of billions just maybe fund alternative energy? Please provide some proof that we're in the middle east for oil.

If we're going to complain about whose fault it is, lets look at the source. We can sit here and bitch all day about how Bush shouldn't have invaded Iraq, but its not going to change anything. There are people there, ie the terrorists, who are murdering around 100 people every single day. Yet, all we can do is blame Bush. Heaven forbid we try to bring a better life then one under a dictator or muslim law.

I'm sorry my government wasted our citizen's tax dollars saving people like you from Saddam. I hope the next time a dictator invades we leave them to rot.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
[edit on 20/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
The US might have helped Kuwait but it no way helped in saving my family or the families of our friends. We had to find our own way out and suffer for months before we got home.

So, who's fault was it? Are you saying that since Iraq invaded Kuwait and you had to find your own way out it was the fault of the U.S.? Is it the fault of the U.S. that you were made to suffer then? It sounds like you need to get a real grip on reality here.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
half_minded does have a valid point, though somewhat lopsided.

On the one hand, I do feel for him and his family - the invasion, the unaided flight from Kuwait and the horrors of the aftermath of war with Iraq.

However, I do think that many Iraqis also feel as he does. Perhaps he and his family are Muslims and from their point of view, the allied or coalition forces are seen to be modern day crusaders, hell bent on conquoring the Middle East.

Let's face it, there has been so much propaganda on both sides that people like half_minded probably don't know who to believe and don't know who to turn to for help.

We in the west, need to rethink our foreign policy towards the region in general and Iran, Syria, Jordan and Israel in particular.

We must get people round the table and get them talking. Talking is cheap but so many words have cost far too many lives.

In this day and age, do we really want to be sending the preverbial gunboat to the region, every time a little trouble flares up?

Always remember, it was US foreign policy that allowed Iraq to invade Kuwait in the first place, following the 10 year Iran-Iraq War.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by fritz]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Always remember, it was US foreign policy that allowed Iraq to invade Kuwait in the first place, following the 10 year Iran-Iraq War.

Why is the invasion the fault of the U.S.? I would think that it is the fault of hussein and the UN.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22

Originally posted by fritz

Why is the invasion the fault of the U.S.? I would think that it is the fault of hussein and the UN.

I don't think so, my friend.

Up to the evening before the invasion, even with Iraqi forces moving towards the border, the then US foreign secretary followed White House instructions to the letter and gave no indication that the US would do anything if the Iraqi's crossed the border into Kuwait.

Indeed, the lady concerned gave every indication that the US would stand by Iraq should the need arise. It should be remembered by all concerned, that the administration still had 'issues' with Iran and had heavily backed Iraq during the war with Iran. Kuwait was the prize for winning the 10 year war, but intelligence analysts got it wrong when they said Iraq would never win.

However, once Iraq had invaded Kuwait and the weight of world opinion came out against Iraq, the administration had little choice but to form a hasty coalition to retake Kuwait lest they be seen as the real power brokers behind Hussein.

We Brits did not keep our hand out of the till either. We hedged our bets by publicly deploring the Iran/Iraq War and the use of gas by both sides, but covertly supplying shoulder fired SAMs and Milan ATGW to Iran and also by training her special forces.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Man I was playing CSS

3 vs 6

I went the back route, had one guy set up with an awp and another with an AK

ME?

c90 on assault

6 CT on Defense.

my 2 team mates dropped after taking out 2 CT

So there it was me and 4 CT camping the target zones, actually one of them was hunting for me.

I came around a corner in the tunnel and he was passing me already so I held up my c90 and BOOM HEADSHOT right in the right side.

I run to bombsite A, but before I can I see a nade come in and it misses me, so I chunk a smoke nade, rush up and BOOM HEADSHOT the guy holding the exit.

Reload, low on bullets.

I can't see them, so I toss a flash bang and run backwards I have a slight distortion
I sprayed the guy behind the barrels, turned around couldnt see anyone.

So I planted the C4 real quick, and then coming through the gates I see the last CT, I pull out my DE and he's got a m1a1 I dancing hardcore blam blam blam hit him 3 times in the shoulder and leg, I duck behind a barrel whilst the bomb ticks reloads he is unloading on my position

so I strafe out to the right

AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!BOOOMYEA!!!! HEADSHOT WITH THE DE!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Killing Spree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it when that happens!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You guys always end up getting into arguments abt whose fault it is. My point is I dont care. If a #ing country attacks me then obviously that country and all its supporters are terrorists in my eyes. I would hate them and wish they die. Its surprising that I wrote an entire story describing what it is like when in War, and people still argue abt whose fault it may have been. Did u guys miss the point or r u so ignorant that u cant understand # till u experinece it urself. What wud u do if a soldier came knocking at ur door and wanted to take some of ur family members (and maybe u) prisoner. For example, people in Iraq. If u had a home and suddenly it was blown up while u were out grocery shopping who wud u be cursing. Saddam or Bush.

Point is all these guys r terrorists but its more than obvious that US is an even bigger terror to the world because of what they r doing. and its also obvious why. thats why a war on terrorism to kill osama suddenly turned into a global war against 'extremists' muslims and led to attack on so many countries resulting in thousands of people dying and losing their homes. Thanks to dear old US.

I would suggest every american to take a vacation and visit a country in middle east and then they wud realize the truth. Truth is....every muslm is not out their sitting and plotting to blow u up. We have jobs, homes, families and everyday lives to live. We dont give a fcuk what u do sitting in ur condo in america. But ya, if ur countries thinks its a threat and 'suspects' us and then decides to attack us. We are obviously gonnna strike back to protect oursleves. And our frinds will help us. Why is the US in the middle east anyways. Get ur butts out of our countries and stay in ur beloved country. U stay out of our private property and we might not shoot u with a shotgun. get the point.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
it was the noobs fault why did they have to die they should'v e held back I was so going to rambo rush them all from behind all they had to do was camp but no they didnt

so invader lys had to plant the bomb and take out the CTs

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
damn noobs. Thats what they get for wearing the french gign costume. DE is always underestimated by noobs-its just a pistol it's not like it could blow my head off. AWP unfair sometimes. Whats it shooting anyways a 338 lupua round

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You guys always end up getting into arguments abt whose fault it is. My point is I dont care. If a #ing country attacks me then obviously that country and all its supporters are terrorists in my eyes. I would hate them and wish they die. Its surprising that I wrote an entire story describing what it is like when in War, and people still argue abt whose fault it may have been. Did u guys miss the point or r u so ignorant that u cant understand # till u experinece it urself. What wud u do if a soldier came knocking at ur door and wanted to take some of ur family members (and maybe u) prisoner. For example, people in Iraq. If u had a home and suddenly it was blown up while u were out grocery shopping who wud u be cursing. Saddam or Bush.

Even so, you should acknowledge each part everyone plays and not just single out one group. You hate what the Iraqi army did to Kuwait yet you do not hate Iraqis, but you hate what you think the US military is doing to Iraq (which is slightly skewed] yet) you hate/dislike Americans it seems? Don't seem to make much sense. This is why :-

If a #ing country attacks me then obviously that country and all its supporters are terrorists in my eyes. I would hate them and wish they die.

That implies that you will irrationally hate a country because of the actions of its government. You'll be thinking "well you #ing voted for them, you vote for war" but that isn't the case. Civilians, in this case the voters do not vote to go to war, the executive/legislative house such as a Parliament/Senate decides this. People do not vote yet think "in around 3 years the government will take us to war in so and so". You didn't state this, but i'm explaining how things work, since you're predictably going to put a negative spin on it, no matter what.

Point is all these guys r terrorists but its more than obvious that US is an even bigger terror to the world because of what they r doing. and its also obvious why. thats why a war on terrorism to kill osama suddenly turned into a global war against 'extremists' muslims and led to attack on so many countries resulting in thousands of people dying and losing their homes. Thanks to dear old US.

Well the initial mistake was to attack Iraq and the ambigious reasons/motives for what. However, that doesn't mean the Coalition should need meet its obligation, which is to leave Iraq in a better state than they found it. If you believe that it is right and responsible for an invading force to leave a country in a mess, at a time when it cannot yet fully support itself, then i question your sincerity for the Iraqis. You never acknowledge this, you simply believe they must leave immediately and that Iraqis will be free to re-build and live in peace. Can you guarantee than Insurgents/Terrorists and other elements will commit to re-building if the Coalition left? How can you be certain that the country would simply not fully devolve into anarchy and that tribal factions fight it out for the scraps that's left. That is the dilemma, that is why the Coalition cannot risk to leave, by doing that it will have fully failed the Iraqi people and left them to the unpredictable hand of fate.

I would suggest every american to take a vacation and visit a country in middle east and then they wud realize the truth. Truth is....every muslm is not out their sitting and plotting to blow u up. We have jobs, homes, families and everyday lives to live. We dont give a fcuk what u do sitting in ur condo in america. But ya, if ur countries thinks its a threat and 'suspects' us and then decides to attack us. We are obviously gonnna strike back to protect oursleves. And our frinds will help us. Why is the US in the middle east anyways. Get ur butts out of our countries and stay in ur beloved country. U stay out of our private property and we might not shoot u with a shotgun. get the point.

Another point i'll try to clarify. You stated the following :-

Why is the US in the middle east anyways. Get ur butts out of our countries and stay in ur beloved country.

So are you talking about every single American? Are they not allowed to visit the Middle East, yet Middle Eastern people are freely allowed to visit America? Why do so many people migrate to the West in search of a better life? What if you had to do the same (providing you haven't done so)?

BTW i will answer EVERY single point and more in the other thread.

new topics

top topics

join