It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UP needs a life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Checked out the stats and found UP was member of the day with 39 posts!!!!!

Member of the Day is ultra_phoenix with 39 posts

Get a hobby or something!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Checked out the stats and found UP was member of the day with 39 posts!!!!!

Member of the Day is ultra_phoenix with 39 posts

Get a hobby or something!!!

WOAAW ! 39 ??? I can do better, I'm pretty sure.

Look, it's sunday, I'm alone at home, and I do what I want. If I want post on ATS, I do it.

But you right, I spent to much time on my computer. Since I took this high-speed internet connection, I'm surfing to much.

Bha, I've just to take a mistress.

[Edited on 3-11-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wanted for long term position.
Are you an outgoing vivacious strong willed female. Then come and be UP's partner. This handsome rugged belgium is spending too much time on the computer and needs a partner.

Your duties are to...
Talk about conspircaies and stuff with UP
Provide alternative entertainment to keep him from the internet
massage his shoulders when he has been surfing for hours.
Feed him fast food via intraveneus drip whilst he surfs.

All applications are gratefully recieved.

[Edited on 3-11-2002 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 07:55 PM
link   
lol, poor ultra_phoenix! I spend a lot of time on my computer too, probably over an hour a day. And I don't have high speed or unlimited hours
That should change later on this month though

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You forgot to mention the salary, Net-C

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Wanted for long term position.
Are you an outgoing vivacious strong willed female. Then come and be UP's partner. This handsome rugged belgium is spending too much time on the computer and needs a partner.

Your duties are to...
Talk about conspircaies and stuff with UP
Provide alternative entertainment to keep him from the internet
massage his shoulders when he has been surfing for hours.
Feed him fast food via intraveneus drip whilst he surfs.

All applications are gratefully recieved.

[Edited on 3-11-2002 by Netchicken]

pfffffffff....NC, I have a wife. Why do you think that I spent my free time on Internet.....

Estragon, thanks, but my wife and my daughter cost me to much !!! I don't need another one. Or a mistress may be, but if she ask me for some money.......SHE WILL BE FIRED !!!

Phunky Monkey, many thanks for your vocal support ! With our crazy network fry chicken, I need it.

[Edited on 4-11-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There is a point there to be understood, U-P. You do spend alot of time at the board, and before you know it you are going to become more a part of this world than the real world. One day your wife is going to walk into the computer room and there is going to be a half drank bottle of beer, a burned out cigar on the floor and no you because you'll have slipped into the web.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is Alt+Ctrl + what??, Thomas - how is it done? And need the beer be half-drunk?
Sounds like heaven.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The wasted Romeo y Julieta -I can just about live with (die with??)

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne,

- I started to surf there is 12 years ago now.
- I bought my first computer in 1980 ( I was 12 years old )
- Between 1985 and 1990 I did many set up for many Belgian army computers networks
- in 1991 I was a network admin for a french company in Paris. ( Teletel network, internet.... )
- My brother and myself, we have our own computers-shop. I'm working sometimes with him.In fact, we have a company, and I have 1/3 of the shares, the others 2/3 are for him.
-2000--->2002, I was working for a micro-ship company.
- I'm working for an internet based busines company ( internet applications, extranet..... )

Internet & computers are my life.I like new technology, and I want to know how everything is working.If I don't stay "tip-top ", may be I'll lose my job and I'll be "out-of-date ".

But don't worry, I know what's the real live.
Each month, I have to pay many bills and I have to find the money.So, I'm not living in a virtual world.

And my live is not turning around ATS or internet. There is peoples who are looking their tv set. Me, I don't do it. I spent my time on internet, not in front of my tv set.

I have many social activities. Cinema, party, hollidays with friends or just with my familly.

Don't worry for me, I'm doing fine, in my body and in my mind.

Anyway, what's going on here ? Is it a cabal against me ?

Look estragon, or yourself. I'm not the only poster with a posts-counter who have hundreds and hundreds post.

Sometimes, I can do 10/15 posts per days, sometimes it's "just" 5 per weeks. I don't see the problem.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You have been working with computers for a long time ultra_phoenix. I used an internet computer for the first time in 1999. Now I have to use the internet almost everyday for various school projects! I probably couldn't have a computer-related job, because I just don't know very much about computers. Maybe a college course will fix that

I heard that the average internet user is at the cmputer for one hour and seventeen minutes a day. It is possible to have twenty or thirty posts within that time period. If my plans for Saturday night would not have worked out, I might have put in about ten or fifteen posts here. It's good to hear that you are doing fine. Yeah, it does seem like a cabal. It seems to be all in fun though, nothing vicious.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Of course it's funny, I know. Netchicken soup was kidding, and me too.

But you have a low speed connection.

Me I have these rates : Upload 128 Kbit/s & downloads 4MB/s. So, I can do many posts in a short time. I don't have to wait.

Fast like a flash !

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm lucky if I can download a song at 4 kilobytes a second
Our town will finally get high speed internet this month or next month. I will hopefully be able to download at 400 kilobytes a second. I haven't downloaded a song since July, because I don't have the time or patience.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm fairly lucky if the electricity is working!

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The salary was what SHE would have to pay YOU, for the pleasure of your attentions.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Where can this women be found Estragon?

Estragon

posted on 5-11-2002 at 01:47 AM
The salary was what SHE would have to pay YOU, for the pleasure of your attentions.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon

Thanks Estragon ! I feel great now ! We are not friend anymore !

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Okay, now that everybody's established that nobody is friends with anybody, can we get back to posting about conspiracies again?

Hmmm...I kind of wonder how this post would work out if we got people to register under the names of "Everybody", "Nobody" & "Anybody"?

I know there's a long, drawn-out joke about that whole mess, but I never had the patience to sit & think it through or remember how it worked...

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

I know there's a long, drawn-out joke about that whole mess, but I never had the patience to sit & think it through or remember how it worked...

Do one utmost MD.

You can do it, I know it ! GO MD GO MD GO

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Let's see...It had something to do about a job that needed doing at the workplace:

There were these four employees named Anybody, Nobody, Everybody & Somebody. One day a vital task didn't get done. When they tried to figure out why the job didn't get done, here's what they found out: It was a task that Anybody could've done but Nobody wanted to do it. Everybody assumed that Somebody would do it but Anybody who saw the task also thought that Everybody should pitch in to do it.

Something like that, but I think the joke is supposed to go on a bit longer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join