It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did i photograph here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I took this photo on Zanzibar (Tanzania) in 2003.
I didnt see anything while i was there, i just saw it on the photo.

It looks a lot like a metallic sphere, but it could also be just a drop of water on the lens
(i you people agree, i guess this is just to show how easily something can be taken for a ufo..

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its blurred like it is in the distance, and has the same grainy pixelation as the other objects around it, and its too far out of focus to be a water droplet, as it would if a droplet cover a much greater area and the blurring would be greater but still opaque to a degree, but not to the solid white this is.

A true UFO.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
From what I can make out on my crappy computer monitor, i agree with you, D4rk Kn1ght. It would appear there actually is a large object "floating???" out towards the horizon. I think we can safely rule out a water droplet on the lens as there is no refraction of the light, and no prismatic effect. I'd hazard a guess at maybe a hot air balloon...that or maybe a giant floating football helmet. Wonder if Pink Floyd have lost any props lately?!?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
very great picture, that is definately a ufo. hey guys are there such things as IFO's? identified flying objects. lol

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of it being a UFO. It looks to me like a hot air balloon or weather balloon.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by errorist
I took this photo on Zanzibar (Tanzania) in 2003.
I didnt see anything while i was there, i just saw it on the photo.

It looks a lot like a metallic sphere, but it could also be just a drop of water on the lens
(i you people agree, i guess this is just to show how easily something can be taken for a ufo..

Well, you do have a UFO there....as in it's unidentified. What it is, who knows?? I'd doubt it's a blimp or anything like that.

Just out of curiosity, where was the Sun in relation to this object. What I mean is at what angle was the Sun away from this object and can you remember what time of year it was. I may have a suggestion as to what it could be.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
if you are interested i have pictures taken shortly before and after, maybe that helps. I wonder though if it was a balloon then why didnt i see it myself? And it also doubtfull Zanzibaries are flying balloons. Its hard enough to get around there by road let alone by air

[edit on 14-9-2006 by errorist]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by errorist
if you are interested i have pictures taken shortly before and after, maybe that helps. I wonder though if it was a balloon then why didnt i see it myself? And it also doubtfull Zanzibaries are flying balloons. Its hard enough to get around there by road let alone by air

They may help, thanks. You may not have seen it visually because it was too dim due to the glare of the daylight.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Personally, it looks like a regular old helium balloon, but then again, I can't tell how far away it is.

Anyway, good luck figuring it out.. it's literally a UFO in that its very unidentified.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
here's the exif extract:

Full EXIF Info
Date/Time 18-Feb-2003 11:53:40
Make Sony
Model Cybershot
Flash Used No
Focal Length 6.4 mm
Exposure Time 1/640 sec
Aperture f/11
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias -1/3
White Balance
Metering Mode center weighted (2)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program program (2)
Focus Distance ?

checked for the other photos, but i was wrong there's quite some time between them. The first one is taken on 11:05, 48 minutes before the ufo pic, from the other direction (facing the beach)..doesnt tell you much i think.

external image

this is me holding a big fish

Here you can see the cast of shadow, might help. But it's taken
on 9:55 am, 2 hours earlier.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant pics of Tanzania!!

Anyway that is in my opinion a UFO, I have seen two or three of these Orbs on a trip from Whitehaven to The Isle Of Man and i could not fathom what they were. I could see them from a distance and my friend saw them too. Very similair to your picture.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Interesting, I notice a smaller object in the sky closer to the horizon, center of the pic in the original photo. This is not my area of expertise so I have no opinion on this, but I did want to comment I flipped through some of your other photos and you have a lot of really stunning shots there.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
thanks! But thats a real crappy camera, the better ones are here

[/offtopic]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Could it be a para-glider??!?! You know, parachute getting towed behind a speed boat/cruiser. Given the location, perhaps not too uncommon.

Still unidentified & I need a holiday.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i dont think it looks like a hot air balloon, a weather balloon is a possibility, but i would definatly class this as a ufo. i found another pic on an internet site which was taken over russia i think, and it looks very similar to that.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
3 days ago my friend took a similar photo here in Croatia. I believe it is UFO.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hmmm Did you completely rule out it being the moon?, how sure are you that it wasnt dark enough to take the picture of the moon but still to light to really notice it there when you snapped away, cuz from the looks of it id say the lightings just right...idk its a nice shot though if it is a UFO , very lucky.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Once I get my own computer repaired I'll be able to check up some star charts for that time of year, but I was going to suggest that what you may have photographed was a crescent Venus, when it was at its Greatest Eastern Elongation. The object would be situated quite a distance from the Sun......if it is Venus, approx' 47 degrees away. I've seen Venus during the daytime and that photo is quite reminiscent of what it actually looks like, especially as a crescent.

Actually, if you look carefully in the right spot during the day, you can see Venus. It's faint, but you can see it, at the right time in its orbit.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30
Hmmm Did you completely rule out it being the moon?, how sure are you that it wasnt dark enough to take the picture of the moon but still to light to really notice it there when you snapped away, cuz from the looks of it id say the lightings just right...idk its a nice shot though if it is a UFO , very lucky.
Life didn`t begin on the Moon, some life forms came there from other planet in our galaxy or not, I don`t know.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30

i have thought about that as well, but i compared it to another pic of mine..

pic

moon is more visible and should be larger, i think

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join