It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots avenging croc hunters death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I cant find an article but i heard last night on countdown that some fans of steve irwin where finding sting rays and cutting off there barbs, this to me is the exact opposite of what he would want!!!! this is the third time in three days that i am completely embarrassed to be human!!!if somebody knows where there is an article on this , could you post the link.

Thank you
Me

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
good to see you around Jonna

This is sad for the stingrays, but it's expected that people would react with anger and fear against these creatures now.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
From what I've heard, there's no real data available yet as to whether more stingrays killed in Australia have actually risen, or just they've become more noticed.

Anyway, if anyone is doing this as a revenge, I'm sure it's something Irwin would be totally against.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
thanks jonna , i am really disgusted bye this ignorance grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Steve Irwin knew the risk and thus, wouldn't want people to 'avenge' his death. Being ashamed of being human? Add me to that list.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree. I mean, this is the antithesis of what Steve Irwin would have wanted. He loved animals, all animals, and he lived his life trying to share that love and respect for animals.

This is far from avenging his death. people killing these poor, normally very peaceful creatures are dishonoring him in death.

The Croc Hunter is rolling in his grave. I wish these people would stop. The mantas didnt mean to kill the croc hunter, they were just frightened.

R.I.P. Steve, and to honor you, I am now going to stop killing live bugs in my home until winter.

Ive always liked reptiles, so no danger there.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No problem. The article was brought to my attention just moments before I saw your post.

It is pretty twisted. People get emotional and lash out in any way the relieves the internal pressure; it's about finding something/someone to blame quickly so we don't have to think about why this really happened. It's childish, but overall not too unexpected because as a race we are still pretty infantile. It's as if you were to stab your shoe next time you tripped because it was the shoe's fault. The problem is that you're still wearing the shoe and just end up hurting yourself even more.

Humans are weird.

Not to be cold, but Irwin did continuasly put himself in dangerous situations with deadly animals. It's not so unexpected what happened. He made a choice to live his life a certain way and dealt with the consequences. Assuming he truely understood what could happen and that there really is no blame involved (as any organizm will only do what it is in it's nature to do ie defend itself when feeling threatened), there is honor in that life. Yes it ended, but all of them do.

new topics

top topics

join