It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need advice..... I'm alone at home for the next 3 days....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Okay...heres the deal...

My wife left at 6am this morning on a 3 day business trip. I won't see her again until Friday night.

What do I do? I'll go crazy without her being there with me, I'm like a lost little puppy....

how will I eat... what will make the time go by faster, I'm so scared...

Can you guys help me find things to do, to occupy my time?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Get blind drunk and try and do a paint by numbers, that should take up a fair bit of time. Invite some mates round or maybe watch a few movies, is there anything you like doing that your wife doesn't, nows the time to be doing that!!!!!
You could try doubling you ATS/BTS points with an all day marathon!! Then try beating it the next day.

As for eating, if you can't cook just live off take-out for the next few days, then to burn off those extra calories do some exercise, this should also take up some of that time.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I remember when my wife went to her mother's for a week. She took the kids. I was so excited for the quiet and the freedom. Sadly, she went over a holiday week so all of my friends were travelling or with their families and I ended up bored out of my mind. I even changed the shower curtain liners.

I suggest strip clubs and booze and tell your wife how much you miss her.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hay, I took my wife to the airport at 6 am, she is gone till Tuesday.

Just do stuff you don't do when she is home.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
2 words

BEER PONG

heh.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When my girlfriend left for 2 months to be a camp counselor I was a little lost. In the end I just played video games, watched Star-Trek, and masturbated. It was like I reverted to the way I was at 15.

Anyway, just don't get into any old habits, because I was still playing video games and watching Star Trek when she got back. The third part however was unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okay...

actually, I have a poker game tonight, but its with some members of HER family, so, I have to behave myself....

I'm trying to get a game together for tomorrow night at my house.... with the guys, that should be a good time.

Yeah, went to the bank at lunch time today and got enough money to make sure that I can hit all the fast food places for the next few days...

Spittin.... I see that you're in Vegas now... how cool... my wifes parents are out there right now, I was joking around that I should jump a flight and head out for a while.... they actually said yeah, come on out... however the wife and I are planning on doing Vegas for vacation, next spring.

thanks for the ideas guys, I'm sure you'll see me around here for the next few days, talking nonsense, etc..

forgot to mention.... . when she was getting ready this morning, her dresser drawer was opened... I picked up a pair of "red lacies".... and asked her " is it okay if I wear these while you're gone".. we got a good chuckle out of it... I should go home and wrinkle them up and leave them laying out on the floor, for when she gets home... :shk::shk:

[edit on 13-9-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ramen n00dlez

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's some advice from a woman. By all means enjoy your freedom and do things you don't normally do when she's there. Watch sports, get loaded, whatever. However, if you really want to get on her good side, give a house a good scrub down and plan a romantic dinner that you cook for her when she arrives home. That'll show her how much you missed her. My husband did that for me when I went on a business trip. He too was excited for some alone time until about the second evening and then he got lonely. Awww, I sure love that guy.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Men! :shk: I'm sure you'll manage just fine....Polish up your dignity...and enjoy the vacation!!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
if you want her to know how much you missed her, when she walks in the door you should be sitting, just as you were when she left. tell her you were unable to even move without her being there.

then tell her to whip up some dinner as you are starving.

send her flowers at her hotel. the note should say that you want her to think about you while she is away.

I did that with my wife on one of the first business trips she took after we were married. she then sent friends over to check on me, called at strange times etc. seems she thought the gesture so sweet and romantic that I must have had a harlot or two while she was gone.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Can you guys help me find things to do, to occupy my time?

1) Go buy 3 cases of beer (Disclaimer- Assuming you're legal, no underage drinking). You're in Ohio, so get some decent local beer, like "Burning River Pale Ale" from Great Lakes Brewing Company. Your job is to drink one case each day, no excuses.

2) Call Hertz Rent a Car and rent something snazzy, like a new Mustang or Dodge Charger, just for the fun of it.

3) Go to a grocery store and buy 3 big a$$ed steaks, preferably of the grain fed organic sort, prime rib if they have it. You'll need a vegetable, so get 3 giant baking potatoes. If you don't have a grill, go to Walmart and get a cheap one, some Kingston briquettes, some mesquite wood chips, and several gallons of lighterfluid. In the early evening, light the grill, wrap the taters in foil, toss 'em on the grill, cook the steaks to your liking.

4) Withdraw $300 from the bank and peruse the local strip joints, drive the rental car.

5) Hit a local dive bar on Karaoke night. Do 10 shots of Tequila and sing something classic, even of you can't carry a tune. "LA Woman" by The Doors, "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum, or "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf should suffice.

5) Repeat daily for 3 days.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
she thought the gesture so sweet and romantic that I must have had a harlot or two while she was gone.

ROFLMAO! That's what I was thinking she was thinking...hahahaha

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
great advice everyone....

and closettrekkie....

I actually have a list made of things that I intend on getting done around the house.. cleaning the office, dusting, dishes, laundery, etc.

The house will be in tip top shape when she gets home *S* and while I'd love to make dinner for her, we tried that once before, I'll just have her favorite "take out" there and waiting for her...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you come out, for sure hit me up.

U2U me what ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And I thought I was the only one who got liquored up and sang LA Woman...Ill be damned.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
If you come out, for sure hit me up.

U2U me what ever.

thought about that earlier today.. would definitley look you up for a chat and a drink...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So, I'm sittin' here doin' some thinkin' about this........
What would I do if my wife went away for 3 days, hmmmmm......
First thing I would do is try to get her to stay away alot longer. I bet if you kept calling in bomb threats at the airport she'd be usin' to come home - they'd be cancellin' all her flights! Pure genius!
Then I'd go out and buy a dog. My wife won't let us have a dog, so I would have to make sure that it's a big scary dog. I'd treat that dog really really good, all loving and stuff, then I'd put a mask of my wife on, and be really mean to that dog - that way he would love me alot, and not her! Man that's some good thinkin'!
Then I'd put up paneling all over the house, yeah make it nice and dark and cozy.
I've had enough of those fancy special mix paint colors, with white trim that she's so proud of.
Then I'd buy an old Mustang, and start fixin' it up in the garage. Rip that Mustangs engine out, and have pieces all over the place. Make sure that my nails get all greasy lookin' and stuff, and that the entire garage looks like a mechanics place.
Oooh that's some good stuff.

Then I'd get a nice banner that says "Welcome Home Honey". I'd hang that banner out front, and tie a couple balloons to the front door.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31ROFLMAO! That's what I was thinking she was thinking...hahahaha

honey, is that you?

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
4) Withdraw $300 from the bank and peruse the local strip joints, drive the rental car.

three bills gets you in the door and maybe a fresca in NYC. Make that three large. Remember, you want to remember this when she is back home, whining about whatever it is that you did or did not do or should have thought about saying or something.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Elevated, you sound like a good husband. She is a lucky woman!

Lombozo- I'm sorry your marriage is that awful. Might want to start looking for a divorce attorney?

And nobody in my house would be taking out a lot of money just to go out partying. We would never spend our money so selfishly. Not sure how you guys can get away with that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join